These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Journal Walking - I think I screwed up - help?

Author
Szet Kaplak
Mando'a Logistics
#1 - 2011-10-08 20:45:05 UTC
Hi there!

Well here I am trying to walk through my wallet journal.
As far as I know I can have up to 1 month of data which should be a lot of records. However for some reason I can only go back till the 24th September.

How I tried to implement it is request say 1000 records from the EVE API server, find the one record with the lowest refID and then, in the next request, add the fromID parameter to the request with the lowest refID.

So step No. 1
https://api.eveonline.com/char/WalletJournal.xml.aspx?keyID=1&VCode=x

Step No. 1.5
get the minimum refID, which I'll call {minRefID} for now

Step No. 2
https://api.eveonline.com/char/WalletJournal.xml.aspx?keyID=1&VCode=x&fromID={minRefID}

and then repeat Step No. 2 until the count of returned records == 0.

Isn't it how I supposed to do it?
Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#2 - 2011-10-09 04:55:51 UTC
or if you receive less than 1000 records you can't get any more either but from what I've seen they've broke walking. I'm not totally sure because I don't have enough data to test with to see if it still works.

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.

Lutz Major
Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo
#3 - 2011-10-09 07:36:47 UTC
Dragonaire wrote:
or if you receive less than 1000 records you can't get any more either but from what I've seen they've broke walking. I'm not totally sure because I don't have enough data to test with to see if it still works.

Isn't the default rowCount 250 now? That way you'd have to stop always after the first call.

Anyway I do the same as you, OP and I had no troubles last week (didn't check the last two days).
But I think the API server was down yesterday. Might have some issues....
Szet Kaplak
Mando'a Logistics
#4 - 2011-10-09 10:32:28 UTC
I read another method too for Journal Walking...
It's about checking how many rows I get back from the API server and if it is smaller than the requested amount the next request will return 0 records thus it's useless to call the API server again.

-1 request to CCP :)

I will check if the API server is working properly today and if not, I'll go and cry in a corner :)
Lutz Major
Austriae Est Imperare Orbi Universo
#5 - 2011-10-09 11:49:32 UTC
Szet Kaplak wrote:
I read another method too for Journal Walking...
It's about checking how many rows I get back from the API server and if it is smaller than the requested amount the next request will return 0 records thus it's useless to call the API server again.

-1 request to CCP :)

I will check if the API server is working properly today and if not, I'll go and cry in a corner :)

Some months ago the rowCount parameter didn't work as intended, so you would have missed whether or not to call the next page. I don't know how the server side caching is done, but I think another request for zero results could not be that harmful. But then again my cron jobs run only once a day.