These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ransom Website

Author
Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-10-08 23:49:10 UTC
Hey peeps,

I've had a thought rattling round my head, and I was wondering if anyone has any comments on it. Good, bad or indifferent.

A website where people can give an api key (limited time, of course) with access to loss-mails and the journal.

After doing this, they can mark a player as not holding up their end of the ransom bargain.

They can also, with just the journal access, mark a player as holding up their end. (I could see this being gamed. Have to think about how to filter out gamed entries)

The goal is, for players who actually hold up their end of a ransom bargain, they can point their ransomees at it, and have 'proof' that they're not just going to blow them up for lols. (and if they do, there's a reputation loss)

Maybe have a suggestion that they use the contract system for ransoms, so they put in their demand, rather than someone throwing them a smaller sum, and then marking them as not honoring a ransom.
Dragonaire
Here there be Dragons
#2 - 2011-10-09 04:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Dragonaire
Idea with contracts is a good one and could make it largely automated for tracking

Finds camping stations from the inside much easier. Designer of Yapeal for the Eve API. Check out the Yapeal PHP API Library thread.