These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why do you alt post?

First post
Author
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#241 - 2012-07-06 02:15:58 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

And I see no point in providing you with an answer

Probably because you are scared.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#242 - 2012-07-06 02:22:13 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Perhaps you lot could take this to OOPE and make your own thread there, rather than de-railing someone else's thread and risk getting it locked. Lets have a some common decency here eh?

The more sensible thing would be for "zim" and his ilk to do their own thing and stop trying to harass other players with ooc accusations and shady unpleasantness. But that's not going to happen because the "great leader" mittani commanded his servants to troll the infidel and trolling the infidel became their holy mission.

Seriously - I have no real interest routinely interacting with the like's of "zim" on eve-online forums but a moment's glance through the guys posting history will reveal he is seriously committed to stalking my threads and general posting. Have a read back on how this discussion started on this thread for object example.

Off-topic. Please stay on topic.

ISD Tyrozan

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

gulftobay
Mesotopia
#243 - 2012-07-06 02:23:08 UTC
I'm seriously beginning to get creeped out by metagaming issues raised in this thread, whether true or not I'll err on the side of caution on controversial topics.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#244 - 2012-07-06 02:24:21 UTC
gulftobay wrote:
I'm seriously beginning to get creeped out by metagaming issues raised in this thread, whether true or not I'll err on the side of caution on controversial topics.

Just keep posting, so it'll stay on the first page.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#245 - 2012-07-06 02:26:36 UTC
Kuehnelt wrote:
I was prepared to blame myself for derailing this thread, but in fact it is Lapine Davion's fault. For shame! Post with your main!

I've posted with my main a few times. He's not a ginger though, so doesn't accurately reflect my attitudes or feelings.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2012-07-06 02:26:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Zim
Jade Constantine wrote:

Yep. Scared, just like I were during the war against you in hisec. The war I learned through your whining on the forums after CCP announced the 1.1 changes. The war which supposedly was so scary to our leaders that we whined to CCP to get the mechanics fixed, and yet we, CCP, CSM said that you were wrong, and even mittani (whom you said were so scared shitless at the mere thought of losing a few ships) tweeted that he wished we could've had all of hisec wardecced.
Jade Constantine wrote:
The more sensible thing would be for "zim" and his ilk to do their own thing and stop trying to harass other players with ooc accusations and shady unpleasantness.

Says the guy who's been harassing himself by slandering his own name loudly and repeatedly, by pointing to some website and claiming it's proof of things which the site doesn't even mention, just to try to get at goonswarm.

The word for that behavior is: creepy.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Lapine Davion
#247 - 2012-07-06 02:27:12 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Perhaps you lot could take this to OOPE and make your own thread there, rather than de-railing someone else's thread and risk getting it locked. Lets have a some common decency here eh?

The more sensible thing would be for "zim" and his ilk to do their own thing and stop trying to harass other players with ooc accusations and shady unpleasantness. But that's not going to happen because the "great leader" mittani commanded his servants to troll the infidel and trolling the infidel became their holy mission.

Seriously - I have no real interest routinely interacting with the like's of "zim" on eve-online forums but a moment's glance through the guys posting history will reveal he is seriously committed to stalking my threads and general posting. Have a read back on how this discussion started on this thread for object example.

Haha, but see you brought this up first.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Lapine Davion
#248 - 2012-07-06 02:27:56 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
The more sensible thing would be for "zim" and his ilk to do their own thing and stop trying to harass other players with ooc accusations and shady unpleasantness.

Says the guy who's been harassing himself by slandering his own name loudly and repeatedly, by pointing to some website and claiming it's proof of things which the site doesn't even mention, just to try to get at goonswarm.

Actually, the phrase for that behavior is: public humiliation.

It's real, you can find it on wikipedia.

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#249 - 2012-07-06 02:28:19 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

How it begins is of no consequence Jade. I respect the fact that you feel aggrieved, but the excuse of "He/They started it" is still no defence. If they continue to post off topic or make personal attacks then they will be dealt with, but aggravating a situation whilst in someone else's thread is still rather insulting. As I am sure your parents once said, much as my own mother did, take the higher ground and ignore them. If you do not wish to ignore them then you are as well versed in the options option to you as I am.

Do not take this as me siding with you or them, I am merely looking at this from the point of view of the numerous people who's threads have been derailed by what appears to be an endless argument between the same two or three people.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Lapine Davion
#250 - 2012-07-06 02:28:35 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

And I see no point in providing you with an answer

I have to admit, you scary.

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#251 - 2012-07-06 02:29:32 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:

Zim, seriously, take this to OOPE where it belongs and stop derailing other peoples threads with this. It really isn't fair on people who's threads get locked for going off topic because other people don't know when to stop.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#252 - 2012-07-06 02:31:20 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Actually, the phrase for that behavior is: public humiliation.

It's real, you can find it on wikipedia.

If it had been him actually humiliating someone else, sure. Him humiliating himself? Weird, bordering on creepy.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#253 - 2012-07-06 02:32:07 UTC
Guys.

Guys!

Errrrrm...Guys?

It is just a video-game.

Isn't it?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Drakarin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#254 - 2012-07-06 02:32:30 UTC
Because I don't use alts.
ModeratedToSilence
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#255 - 2012-07-06 02:35:42 UTC
Replying to the OP: I alt post because my main was permanently banned from posting on the Eve-O forums in 2008. I have since developed a posting main which I then cashed in and now post on this particular alt.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#256 - 2012-07-06 02:45:25 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
Guys.

Guys!

Errrrrm...Guys?

It is just a video-game.

Isn't it?

EVE is real.

I was there.

... on the General Discussion forums.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#257 - 2012-07-06 02:59:08 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Do not take this as me siding with you or them, I am merely looking at this from the point of view of the numerous people who's threads have been derailed by what appears to be an endless argument between the same two or three people.

Sadly yes, it is a bit of an eternal argument - in the days before the internet this kind of thing would have been resolved with a fight behind the bikesheds or a swift kicking on the waste ground beside the public house. But the world of international MMO's has heralded a wondrous new era of consequence-free unpleasantness where people feel entitled to says things that would have gotten them soundly thrashed in the decades before. But that I imagine is what they call progress.

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#258 - 2012-07-06 03:00:14 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Sadly yes, it is a bit of an eternal argument - in the days before the internet this kind of thing would have been resolved with a fight behind the bikesheds or a swift kicking on the waste ground beside the public house. But the world of international MMO's has heralded a wondrous new era of consequence-free unpleasantness where people feel entitled to says things that would have gotten them soundly thrashed in the decades before. But that I imagine is what they call progress.

So how about progressing this a little further and taking it out of this persons thread before it gets locked eh?

Pipa Porto
#259 - 2012-07-06 03:00:39 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
I'm really making it a point of principle. There is absolutely nothing to be evasive about on my side, you ask me the same question and I'm happy to give you an answer. (not that its a particularly difficult question)

So where's your proof, then?

There you go, you've been asked by someone's main.

Jade Constantine wrote:
Sure post with your main and I'm happy too!

You said you'd be happy to answer if asked by a Main.

Jade Constantine wrote:
I'm really making it a point of principle. There is absolutely nothing to be evasive about on my side, you ask me the same question and I'm happy to give you an answer. (not that its a particularly difficult question)

And you indicated that whose main you were asked by didn't much matter.

So, to remind you, the question:
Pipa Porto wrote:
Do you have any factual basis to believe that such a records check would reveal the evidence you're fishing for?

Go ahead, and do be prepared to show your work.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#260 - 2012-07-06 03:06:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
wrote:
Pipa Porto There you go, you've been asked by someone's main.

Well he (in particular) does need to answer the question I asked him first of course. I'm hardly likely to pay him the respect of giving him an answer while he's still dodging and wriggling the question I asked him first am I ?