These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Musings from Amarr

Author
Uraniae Fehrnah
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-06-30 06:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Uraniae Fehrnah
Katrina Oniseki wrote:

Too many people around here claim this or that. I simply offer to show you.

Really? Well I claim this and that. Now what, hmm?

Silliness aside, the original message here is full of passion and regardless of if anyone agrees with it or not I feel such passionate beliefs are worthy of some respect.
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#22 - 2012-06-30 09:03:59 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
P.P.S. You really shouldn't have challenged Ava like that. I hope your clone contract is up to date.

Will Ava be shooting at me in the future?

Silas Vitalia wrote:
What the hell is it to you, anyway? And IRED seems to be lowering their admissions requirements if I'm reading your Alliance designation correctly. Unfortunate, and more evidence of this rediculous cal-matar nonsense.

I think that rather unfair.

Kalaratiri wrote:
As for the 'cal-matar nonsense', well done for knowing absolutely nothing at all about the circumstances you are commenting on.

Okay. What are the circumstances?

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#23 - 2012-06-30 20:28:44 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:

Okay. What are the circumstances?

I-RED have been working with Skadi's Call since it's inception, and before that with Teraa Matar. They have regularly shipped down freighter loads of food, agricultural tools, AIMEDS and antibiotics, electronic equipment: generally anything that is required for a society to run properly. They have been supplying us with this kit as a way of supplementing our own supply lines.

Partly as thanks, and partly as a way of streamlining this process, we have joined I-RED. We will still be working to support the Minmatar people.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Anabella Rella
Gradient
Electus Matari
#24 - 2012-07-01 05:33:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Anabella Rella
Silas Vitalia wrote:

You know some of the broad strokes but not the substance.

Any man who can fend off an Empire 4 times its size for hundreds of years force back multiple Imperial invasions, quash all internal rebellions and plots, demand loyalty and forge a new Kingdom on sheer force of will alone deserves all He has taken.

I know quite a bit actually, Vitalia. As I said, Khanid absconded with not only a good portion of the Imperial Fleet but, he also took a titan, of which there were only a handful extant at the time. The Empire would have been foolish, as in beyond Vak'Atioth, barking mad suicidal foolish to take on that kind of firepower operated by Khanid's well-trained "true believers". I do have to tip my virtual hat to the fact that he managed to stifle all manner of internal strife and attempted power grabs, including by members of his own family.

None of this, however, changes the fact that he apparently only decided to break from the Amarr only after he was supposed to have killed himself according to the tradition of the succession trials.

Is the man who carries out a heroic deed as an act of desperation and self-preservation to be looked upon in the same light as one who acts out of pure conviction, without a gun to his head so to speak?

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

Tamiroth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#25 - 2012-07-02 19:45:36 UTC
2:VII:CXIV A.Y.

When God Wields a Khumaak

A sword does not need to know what it cuts. It needs to be sharp.
A locust does not need to know whose field it feeds upon. It needs to be hungry.
A tribe of savage heathens does not need to see God's Light to be a tool in His hands.

To punish the wicked.
To descend on the weak whose master is sin.

The sin of pride.

You.

The immortal, who thinks that the world was created to serve you alone.

Remember.

When those who were Chosen turn to the Beast,

When those born to enlighten instead enslave,

When the gold turns crimson with the blood of the innocents

And the Horned Skull laughs,

God wields a Khumaak.
Nuran Mukadder
Chor Aurea
#26 - 2012-07-02 21:59:01 UTC
I see Light and hear Truth in your words, Tamiroth; and, as expected, the blind and deaf will question its existence.

Be kind and merciful; it is not their fault. Faith is a personal voyage that demands courage and acceptance. Both come in due time to those ready for it.
Graelyn
Aeternus Command Academy
#27 - 2012-07-02 22:25:43 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:

You have some talent.

If I accidentally quote some of your work in the midst of a sermon, I hope you'll forgive me.

Cardinal Graelyn

Amarr Loyalist of the Year - YC113

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#28 - 2012-07-02 22:39:20 UTC
And yet Nuran, there is no honor for the honorless; no mercy for the merciless.

This one known as Tamiroth seems to recognize that. Especially in relation to capsuleers, as her latest passage seems to indicate. She also seems to have it out from the Blood Raider Covenant, something I share in common with her.

Bravo, whomever you may be.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Nuran Mukadder
Chor Aurea
#29 - 2012-07-02 23:07:17 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
And yet Nuran, there is no honor for the honorless; no mercy for the merciless.

And yet Tamiroth's people, who massacred peasant and prince alike, now spread the Light.

I understand you perfectly well, old friend. But while the path of Light is wide and diverse, and we're nothing but shortsighted creatures, It's Faith that bind us together.
Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-07-03 13:17:53 UTC
The Sword of Faith will cleave both truth and understanding among the godless heathen. Only then may they know the ameliorating power of love and the balm of selfless devotion.

Bring your possibles.

Tamiroth
Khimi Harar
#31 - 2012-07-04 22:17:03 UTC
4:VII:CXIV A.Y.

The Ultimate Sacrifice

"The gates of paradise will open for you one time only;
woe to the soul who dares to knock twice."

- Book of Missions

"Rejoice, o chosen of God
For our blood fills this Valley of Death,
Proclaiming our sacrifice"

- St.Junip

"When thine heart shines with the Light, thou shalt know no hardship;
When thine actions are in Light's name, thou art immortal."

- Book of Trials

When they came to me to tell that I may be of great use to the Empire, I was speechless. Most of my time on Amarr Prime was spent studying history (I was lucky that father allowed me) and whatever meager management skills were necessary to run the small estate I was going to inherit.

And now I had the choice to become one of the most powerful - and most feared... things in the cluster.

One of the soulless immortals that roam the skies.

Fear gripped my soul that was soon to be lost forever. I cried and prayed to God to see the right path with my blind eyes of a sinner.

"You should not." - a voice said to me. - "Abandon everything and run home. Live the rest of your life like you ought to. They can do nothing to you."

"But they can." - said another voice. - "There is a war going on that depends on capsuleers, and the Ministry already has the file with your DNA sample. They will never leave you alone."

"This is your chance." - the third voice whispered. - "Your only chance to avenge your father and countless others. In a year, you'll be steering an Armageddon, raining destruction on tribals and blooders. Accept your destiny now before they force it down your throat in a less pleasant manner."

But... but...

I did not want to become a mad thing in the sky, only to die forever - sooner or later, becoming a package of garbled data that failed to revive the next clone. Without His light and without salvation, like a drone breaking down.

But then from my narrow window I saw the golden light of dawn as it broke over the spires of Dam-Torsad, and everything just fell into place.

The mission of a simple faithful is to follow the teachings of the Scriptures in this life, knowing his place in the grand scheme of things, and to preserve own soul from sin, preparing for the eternal life to come.

If he is called to sacrifice himself for the greater good, death is nothing: because the reward that is the glory of Heaven awaits him.

But can one sacrifice the salvation of his own soul for the greater good, so that countless others may see the light and be saved?

I was a person of words. A student of ancient history and colony management. Heir to a small plantation, born to spend my life breeding four- and two-legged livestock on the outskirts of the Kingdom, raising children and having tea parties with boring neighbours.

I could only hope that the answer is "yes" and, through the ultimate sacrifice, there may still be redemption.
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#32 - 2012-07-05 16:59:27 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:

A locust does not need to know whose field it feeds upon. It needs to be hungry.
A tribe of savage heathens does not need to see God's Light to be a tool in His hands.

To punish the wicked.

The sin of pride.

You.

Remember.

God wields a Khumaak.

Thank you.

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Aldrith Shutaq
Atash e Sarum Vanguard
#33 - 2012-07-05 19:42:59 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:
4:VII:CXIV A.Y.
When they came to me to tell that I may be of great use to the Empire, I was speechless. Most of my time on Amarr Prime was spent studying history (I was lucky that father allowed me) and whatever meager management skills were necessary to run the small estate I was going to inherit.

And now I had the choice to become one of the most powerful - and most feared... things in the cluster.

One of the soulless immortals that roam the skies.

Fear gripped my soul that was soon to be lost forever. I cried and prayed to God to see the right path with my blind eyes of a sinner.

"You should not." - a voice said to me. - "Abandon everything and run home. Live the rest of your life like you ought to. They can do nothing to you."

"But they can." - said another voice. - "There is a war going on that depends on capsuleers, and the Ministry already has the file with your DNA sample. They will never leave you alone."

"This is your chance." - the third voice whispered. - "Your only chance to avenge your father and countless others. In a year, you'll be steering an Armageddon, raining destruction on tribals and blooders. Accept your destiny now before they force it down your throat in a less pleasant manner."

But... but...

I did not want to become a mad thing in the sky, only to die forever - sooner or later, becoming a package of garbled data that failed to revive the next clone. Without His light and without salvation, like a drone breaking down.

But then from my narrow window I saw the golden light of dawn as it broke over the spires of Dam-Torsad, and everything just fell into place.

The mission of a simple faithful is to follow the teachings of the Scriptures in this life, knowing his place in the grand scheme of things, and to preserve own soul from sin, preparing for the eternal life to come.

If he is called to sacrifice himself for the greater good, death is nothing: because the reward that is the glory of Heaven awaits him.

But can one sacrifice the salvation of his own soul for the greater good, so that countless others may see the light and be saved?

I was a person of words. A student of ancient history and colony management. Heir to a small plantation, born to spend my life breeding four- and two-legged livestock on the outskirts of the Kingdom, raising children and having tea parties with boring neighbours.

I could only hope that the answer is "yes" and, through the ultimate sacrifice, there may still be redemption.

I would just like to let you know that you are not the only faithful capsuleer to have struggled with these questions.

They are questions that are worthy of discussion. If you ever have the desire to have such a discussion I would be more than happy to participate. Not here, however; I find conversations to be much more conducive to philosophical debate.

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#34 - 2012-07-05 21:34:39 UTC
Young Tamiroth, you might find the siren-call of Imperial institutions begin to lose their appeal and power over you as you grow in ability. Should you ever desire to walk your own path and cast aside the crutches you've grown up with, seek me out.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

Dilaro thagriin
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-07-05 22:13:14 UTC
Ava Starfire wrote:
Tamiroth wrote:

To punish the wicked.

The sin of pride.

You.

Remember.

God wields a Khumaak.

Thank you.

When i first read this, my vision was somewhat clouded by internal questions... mainly along the lines of 'the amarrian god wields WHAT! ... damned amarrians.... grrrr' ... then i actually read the rest of the message.

Ava has the right of it. Thankyou Tamiroth, well written, and straight to the point.
Those are words of beauty.
Nicoletta Mithra
Khimi Harar
#36 - 2012-07-06 01:31:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicoletta Mithra
You are aware, Cpt. Thagriin, that a Khumaak is a replica of an originally Amarrian relic?
Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#37 - 2012-07-06 11:18:34 UTC
Nico, I am going to guess she is, and offer that, who cares what it was originally. It is what it is now that matters; a symbol of Minmatar independence to some, a symbol of power to others, a symbol of faith for still others. It has become a very, very "Minmatar" item.

You are awarre, Nicoletta, that your starship was once a rock, floating in space?

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Tamiroth
Khimi Harar
#38 - 2012-07-07 21:48:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tamiroth
Graelyn wrote:
You have some talent.

If I accidentally quote some of your work in the midst of a sermon, I hope you'll forgive me.
Thank you and of course, Cardinal, you may use my words as you see fit. I'm honored to be noticed by such a prominent figure among the faithful.

Ava Starfire wrote:
Thank you.
You are welcome, though my message was not directed to your kind. I merely wrote that if we have too many people like the late chamberlain (who shall not be named) in charge and too many Revan Neferis-like "unbound demigods" roaming around, God may suddenly hit us in the head with a random object to instill some sense, as it happened before.

Silas Vitalia wrote:
Young Tamiroth, you might find the siren-call of Imperial institutions begin to lose their appeal and power over you as you grow in ability. Should you ever desire to walk your own path and cast aside the crutches you've grown up with, seek me out.
Thank you, lady Vitalia, but i'm afraid i'd rather not. When I was a student down on Amarr nor so long ago, I watched the news about the exploits of Khanid Provincial Vanguard with much hope, thinking that a new CVA Providence - but the one loyal to the King - is being born. Were you to grace me with your attention at that point, I'd be honored to join the fight at your side, even as a skilless rookie.

But not now, sorry. New Eden has too many Sabik cultists as it is, and adding more is the exact opposite of my current intentions.
Lyn Farel
Khimi Harar
#39 - 2012-07-08 10:38:37 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:
Thank you, lady Vitalia, but i'm afraid i'd rather not. When I was a student down on Amarr nor so long ago, I watched the news about the exploits of Khanid Provincial Vanguard with much hope, thinking that a new CVA Providence - but the one loyal to the King - is being born. Were you to grace me with your attention at that point, I'd be honored to join the fight at your side, even as a skilless rookie.

But not now, sorry. New Eden has too many Sabik cultists as it is, and adding more is the exact opposite of my current intentions.

Vain flame burns fast
and its lick is light
Modest flame lasts long
and burns to the bone.

Ironic that a quote from Midular fits to the comparison so well.
Amaki Mai
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-07-09 08:14:44 UTC
Tamiroth wrote:
I merely wrote that if we have too many people like the late chamberlain Karsoth in charge and too many Revan Neferis-like "unbound demigods" roaming around, God may suddenly hit us in the head with a random object to instill some sense, as it happened before.

May that day come soon, for the sake of all of us.