These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Steve Jobs is dead, and we're happy about it. (A facebook group).

Author
Froz3nEcho Sarain
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2011-10-08 19:11:51 UTC
Varren Dar'khel wrote:
SpaceSquirrels wrote:
Immature **** move to be glad someone died of cancer. And then be an internet tough guy to boast about it. Dont have any real love for apple stuff, but I sure dont wish suffering over it. Because of apple completion was created thus pushing the rest of the industry to step it up. Also PIxar! Come on awesome movies.

Probably need to question yourself if you actual take joy in the suffering of someone who died from pancreatic cancer. Especially from someone who didnt have it coming. EG: a mass murdering, child molesting, intolerant ******* etc.

Too reiterate Im not a fan of apple in the least bit, but doesnt mean I care to see people who do like the stuff or flaunt it death and suffering.

TL DR. That's ****** up.

It not his death that makes me happy, and I sure hope he went through as little pain as possible.
But I won't lie, I am glad he is gone.

Perhaps I could've phrased my OP a little more gently.

You sir... Really need to get a life or need to get laid. Chose one. Being happy about the death of someone because he brought some product on the marked which you don't like because they take away the boundaries between common people and computers so you feel less superior?

The value of a mans life doesn't change if he created a new brand or company. And you guys are sick in the head for saying that this man should be dead. But what am I talking about? Like Steve Jobs would care or would have cared about you puny persons. His achievements will be not forgotten in 100 years or so. Try to beat that while living in a basement.

[i]~ When everything fades away, an echo is the only sound that will remain ~   ~ Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds ~[/i]

Alpheias
The Khaleph
#22 - 2011-10-08 21:01:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alpheias
Froz3nEcho Sarain wrote:

You sir... Really need to get a life or need to get laid. Chose one. Being happy about the death of someone because he brought some product on the marked which you don't like because they take away the boundaries between common people and computers so you feel less superior?

The value of a mans life doesn't change if he created a new brand or company. And you guys are sick in the head for saying that this man should be dead. But what am I talking about? Like Steve Jobs would care or would have cared about you puny persons. His achievements will be not forgotten in 100 years or so. Try to beat that while living in a basement.

I think Steve Jobs does an excellent job of not caring, especially now that he is dead so I think you should really get laid, with all that tension and frustration inside you. Speaking of Mr Jobs, and since you care, I think you should join him. But let's not wait for you to get cancer as it has proven itself to be unreliable.

I do hope you livestream it though, and maybe if you are lucky, you might get the same following Jobs did.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Sidus Isaacs
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2011-10-09 01:18:04 UTC
When it comes down to it, some guy I did not know die. Happens all the time. And I do not feel anything about it, tho I can relate to his relatives and family and the sadness they must feel.

It is more sad that many people die of starvation in Africa each day, for instance.
Nak hak
#24 - 2011-10-09 01:50:38 UTC
Steve Jobs Stanford Commencement Speech 2005

It's about freedom.

Best Regards, Nak hak

Nak hak
#25 - 2011-10-09 01:56:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Nak hak
"Apple Inc. surpassed Microsoft in market capitalization in 2010 with an 84 percent increase to $153.3 billion, and also became the most valuable consumer-facing brand in the world."

Link:

Wikipedia: Apple Inc.

It's about freedom.

Best Regards, Nak hak

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2011-10-09 10:31:28 UTC
Well i know this will sound heartless, but i too am glad he is dead.

His absolute obsession about propriatory coding, apps and hardware is so backwards and has pushed Apple Inc to such an area that if their fan base dies, they have nothing to fall back on.

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Something Random
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#27 - 2011-10-09 10:55:45 UTC
I cant stand Apples ethos in owning everything they make and that goes on to their hardware - in otherwords cant stand Apples marketing side.

Hardware is lovely though.

That said... Speaking ill of the dead etc. The guy was a Billionaire - and you are ?

"caught on fire a little bit, just a little."

"Delinquents, check, weirdos, check, hippies, check, pillheads, check, freaks, check, potheads, check .....gangs all here!"

I love Science, it gives me a Hadron.

AlleyKat
The Unwanted.
#28 - 2011-10-09 11:32:10 UTC
Varren Dar'khel wrote:
nerd rage stuff

I look forward to your forum post when the owner of Ford dies. You will no doubt go onto complain that he helped produce cars that made it easier to own and drive a vehicle.

You will probably then make remarks that owners of cars need to understand exactly how cars work and be able to fix them all by themselves.

And if they don't, then they are low IQ morons who shouldn't be let anywhere near cars?

Tell you what, you can carry on driving this and I'll look forward to driving this

'kin myopic neanderthal

This space for rent.

Jhagiti Tyran
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#29 - 2011-10-10 02:12:30 UTC
Seems harsh to wish a guy dead because you dislike Apple.
Valhallas
New Eden Robotics
#30 - 2011-10-10 11:07:07 UTC
Froz3nEcho Sarain wrote:

I bolded the part that really sums this guy up, just another selfish billionaire that didn't give a **** about anyone else.

The only reason this guy parted with ANY money at all was to try and improve the image of himself or apple.

He may have changed the world, but the motivation was only to make money.

People that are remembered 100 years after death changed the world for the benefit of others.

HEY STEVE, here's an idea, why not throw some money at cancer research, Oh too late, never mind
pussnheels
Viziam
#31 - 2011-10-10 11:42:23 UTC
Think what you want of Steve Jobs but he was a gifted innovator and had the abillity to put different technologies into one piece of somtimes amazing design

few things
graphic interface and mouse
Ipod and Itunes
Iphone ( what you prefer the ugly relative complex blackberry or the iphone)
Ipad ( say what you want , it will never replace the pc or laptop but it is soooo handy and friendly to use )
and some others

Indeed while he may not have invented all this technology he had the idea of combinning them and market them with some great succes

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

NeoShocker
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#32 - 2011-10-10 16:00:07 UTC
Just remember guys, without him, no pixar movies.

Even before I knew that, I don't dislike him. I only dislike apple and their products. So to me, he seemed to be a good guy.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2011-10-11 22:47:35 UTC
they mad and or ********..
Just Another Toon
Doomheim
#34 - 2011-10-13 12:51:16 UTC
he was supposed to be an absolute a$$ to work for..im sure many people at apple (the grunts) shared a sign of relief..
But whether you like apple or not, or just jealous, steve jobs has had a significant impact on technology.
And by the way, no one forces you to buy apple products, but you cant deny their products do look damn sexy. Apple will survive without jobs..he wasnt the only visionary at apple, he just didnt accept second rate crap...
Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#35 - 2011-10-13 16:11:37 UTC
Bob Hope, Johnny Cash and Steve Jobs were all giants in their own way.

Nowadays, we have no jobs, no cash and no hope.

Let's hope Kevin Bacon is well.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Previous page12