These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

The 200.000.000 skillpoint club

First post
Author
ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
Dead Terrorists
#21 - 2012-06-17 18:00:17 UTC
Gratz, as allways your miles ahead Big smile

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Arkturus McFadden
Anukar
#22 - 2012-06-17 20:31:27 UTC
Hehe, I'm 196 million skillpoints behind you!

On a serious note, well done! Smile A milestone indeed!
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2012-06-20 03:36:56 UTC
200 mil only pfff i got more xD


O wait you mean sp offcourse lol

nah just almost hit the 100mil iam fine with that.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#24 - 2012-06-20 05:17:40 UTC
Muhahaha......The culmination of 2+ years of skill training is almost done, as there's about 30 mins left to the last carrier skill to lvl 5, so that means that all titans for all races are maxed out, all carriers and all dreadnaughts too....I can basically fly any one of them and benefit from all their bonuses fully.


On a more serious note, when is content for the really old players of eve going to be released......I mean, all capitals and super capitals were released in 2005, we've been screwing around with T3 cruisers for over 2 years now and there's no sign of more T3 ships coming out soon, so what's the deal here?
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#25 - 2012-06-20 07:59:48 UTC
digitalwanderer wrote:
Muhahaha......The culmination of 2+ years of skill training is almost done, as there's about 30 mins left to the last carrier skill to lvl 5, so that means that all titans for all races are maxed out, all carriers and all dreadnaughts too....I can basically fly any one of them and benefit from all their bonuses fully.


On a more serious note, when is content for the really old players of eve going to be released......I mean, all capitals and super capitals were released in 2005, we've been screwing around with T3 cruisers for over 2 years now and there's no sign of more T3 ships coming out soon, so what's the deal here?


CCP are backing away from the horrible error of introducing supercapitals as fast as they can lightly simmer that particular frog.

The ship tree needs to be grown wider, not taller - and even that needs to wait until the tiercide project is complete.

Your dream of a veteran-entitlement pwnmobile will, I hope, never be realised.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

digitalwanderer
DW inc
#26 - 2012-06-20 14:39:27 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
Malcanis wrote:
digitalwanderer wrote:
Muhahaha......The culmination of 2+ years of skill training is almost done, as there's about 30 mins left to the last carrier skill to lvl 5, so that means that all titans for all races are maxed out, all carriers and all dreadnaughts too....I can basically fly any one of them and benefit from all their bonuses fully.


On a more serious note, when is content for the really old players of eve going to be released......I mean, all capitals and super capitals were released in 2005, we've been screwing around with T3 cruisers for over 2 years now and there's no sign of more T3 ships coming out soon, so what's the deal here?


CCP are backing away from the horrible error of introducing supercapitals as fast as they can lightly simmer that particular frog.

The ship tree needs to be grown wider, not taller - and even that needs to wait until the tiercide project is complete.

Your dream of a veteran-entitlement pwnmobile will, I hope, never be realised.





What kind of ship classes do you have in mind to make the skill tree wider still ?......I don't see a particular class of ship missing for a given role, as we have pretty much all of them, unless they're specific to dust 514, since current ships can't fly thru the atmosphere given they're largely composed of tritanium, wich doesn't react well in those situations to say the least.


Anyhow, skills wise i am going to hit a wall pretty soon ,since i have no interest in several skill trees that have nothing to do with ships in the first place, so if this issue is only going to get attention in the more distant future, then we have a problem with the older players of the game.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#27 - 2012-06-23 16:51:29 UTC  |  Edited by: digitalwanderer
I think it's obvious that the game will eventually need to become even deeper, with things such as capital sized T2 modules for capital ships, wich are way more restricted in terms of fittings than smaller classes of ships, and the excuse that it would make them overpowered doesn't fly since they're restricted to low sec and 0.0 space, wich are the "dangerous" areas of the game where getting killed is more likely, and this is supposed to be a sandbox game remember?


Then we have T3 ships, wich are being released at an extremely slow rate that makes the ice age seem quick by comparison, and i can see myself kicking the bucket in real life before i see all T3 classes in game, along with T3 modules(Hey why not?), but it seems that CCP are largely focused on making the game more popular and to ensure it keeps on going in the longer run, wich is fine by me and i think they've done enough to make exactly that situation happen.....Either people like the game of they don't, but continuously watering it down to make it more palatable still over the last few years, and using a lot of internal resources to make it happen at the expense of other pressing matters, also isn't the answer either.


Old players, even if we're a minority, have been thru 18 expansions, adapted to every single bug fix, exploit, gameplay change, ship role and balance change, and even more that i can't even remember anymore, yet we are still here and waiting for a challenge and there hasn't been one in a long time for the really old player base....


The kind of player base that kept this game alive in the early years, and allowed it to develop into what it is today, and unfortunately a fair amount have quit the game out of sheer boredom by having pretty much everything a single player can accomplish, regardless if it's SP or Isk or flying the largest ships in the game( which they were released in 2005 remember, so it goes back awhile now)), and there's nothing left to aim for in terms of personal character developement, wich is part of what eve is as well.


Now i fully realise that making the game deeper and even more skill intensive, with even more expensive ships and modules isn't going to please the newer players, and they can use the argument that it further increases the gap between them and the really old players, but those old players need a challenge too, and eve has never been about being fair, and i remember how tough this game used to be in the early days, and still accepted it for what it is and i'm still here for nearly 9 years now, but completely clueless as to what to aim for next, now that i've adapted to everything CCP could possibly thow out and have trained for a lot of stuff already, good or bad.


Don't get me started on the walking in stations btw....P
Komen
Capital Enrichment Services
#28 - 2012-07-02 08:23:04 UTC
Way to wander off topic there, posters immediately above. This is for giving a deeply committed player his dues, not debating the future of ship diversity and veteran rewards.

'Gratz Doc Caymus. You're an inspiration to all of us older players. My 123 mil feels a bit smallish next to that.
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#29 - 2012-07-02 16:29:56 UTC
Komen wrote:
Way to wander off topic there, posters immediately above. This is for giving a deeply committed player his dues, not debating the future of ship diversity and veteran rewards.

'Gratz Doc Caymus. You're an inspiration to all of us older players. My 123 mil feels a bit smallish next to that.




Don't get me wrong, i'm happy for Dr Caymus, and to be honest i'm also not far behind at almost 180 million Sp, so passing the 200 million barrier will happen soon enough( roughly 10 months), and i'm also less than 1 month from my 9th eve birthday too...


But the issues i mentioned earlier are very real, and i still remember the statements in the first year of the game's existance, made by CCP that the game was intended to have up to 5 tech levels( was it tuxford that mentioned it?), and here we are 9 years later and have barely started on Tech 3....Even having the jove eventually playing a larger role than simply being part of the backstory was also mentioned back then.



Moonlit Raid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#30 - 2012-07-02 17:15:12 UTC
All skills to level 5. I don't even bother adding my API to each new release of EFT anymore.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#31 - 2012-07-04 00:50:56 UTC
Makes me wonder how much Cribba would go for on the market.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Vain Eldritch
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2012-07-04 13:37:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Vain Eldritch
Degren wrote:
Almost at 8 million, woooo!

(Grats Herr Doctor, I pretty much check your page everytime I hop on Eveboard)


/hi5

Us thickies should unite against the evil Big Brains... Shocked

Androgynous Caldari Cross-dresser

Frances
The Silver Cog
#33 - 2012-07-04 14:06:20 UTC
Iria Ahrens wrote:
Makes me wonder how much Cribba would go for on the market.



You can have Chribba, I want his veld reserves!
Nikodiemus
Jokulhlaup
#34 - 2012-07-04 19:42:04 UTC
Chribba, how many SP do you have?
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#35 - 2012-07-04 20:30:32 UTC
Nikodiemus wrote:
Chribba, how many SP do you have?

More than 10m, less than 250m.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Lolita Lolitatis
Doomheim
#36 - 2012-07-05 05:43:32 UTC
Sry to say that, but there's nothing to it. All you have to do is .. wait ... wait... next skill... wait...
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#37 - 2012-07-05 17:15:52 UTC
Lolita Lolitatis wrote:
Sry to say that, but there's nothing to it. All you have to do is .. wait ... wait... next skill... wait...




For 9+ years straight, wich is aproaching an entire decade of non stop playing, and if you're the type aiming to fly every ship in the game, you also need close to 30 billion isk for the skill books alone.....
Dr Caymus
Applied Technologies Inc
Agents of Fortune
#38 - 2012-07-05 19:15:29 UTC
/me has a beer while he waits...

Dr Caymus
-=ATI=-
digitalwanderer
DW inc
#39 - 2012-07-06 04:50:48 UTC
Dr Caymus wrote:
/me has a beer while he waits...

Dr Caymus
-=ATI=-




You are getting very good at piloting ships, considering you specialised from the start as a research/ industry/ production char...P


CCP, we need moar skills if you please.....The tougher the better.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#40 - 2012-07-07 07:44:42 UTC
Dr Caymus wrote:
/me has a beer while he waits...

Dr Caymus
-=ATI=-


going to be pretty drunk by the time someone catches up P

I'm nearly to the 100m club!

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter