These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Game Suggestion: Standings based Empire NPC Jumpbridges.

Author
Abditus Cularius
Clancularius Industries
#41 - 2012-07-05 01:43:40 UTC
No. Never. Ever. Please.

Force projection is a terrible problem in eve, and does not need to be increased.
Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#42 - 2012-07-05 02:58:03 UTC
Not as such. The devs said they always ask how a given change can increase contention and that iteration sounds like it decrease it.

But maybe a very few LONG JB across polar opposite ends of the universe so that players wanting to visit the major hubs would still have to traverse the usual territory, while increasing the number of potential enemies that might attack a soverign space might be alright. Say a North-South, and East-West gate, and leave it at that.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

BabydoII
Doomheim
#43 - 2012-07-05 07:26:10 UTC
Werst Dendenahzees wrote:
Actually, I agree with this, but make it so that players have to fuel them just like in 0.0. Let's see who sacrifices his sanity for the good of the many.

Or lets see who actually listens too the alliance leaders when they say "bring your own jump fuel in your cargo hold".
BabydoII
Doomheim
#44 - 2012-07-05 07:28:31 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
so who pays for the sov upgrades and fuels the jump bridges exactly?

You clearly didnt read the original post the jump fuel would come in the form of Tickets which would be bought with LP from the LP store.
TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#45 - 2012-07-05 07:39:26 UTC
Garibaldi Sinatra wrote:
How about giving us diligent hard working mission runners something new to aim for and use.

Im terrible at explaining ideas but hopfully this short explaination will hint at what i am suggesting.

I would love too see a high speed transit system for getting around highsec. My suggestion would be that the mechaninc requires you have standings with the relevant Empire who controls the jump bridges and prehaps the use of some kind of ticket that you could buy in bulk from the LP store.

This would be a nice addition too the LP store and would provide a good reason for grinding standings with diffeent empire' besides the pure persuit of higher level missions.

Thanks for taking the time too consider this. I hope most of you will agree this is a good idea; i would love too see it implemented.

Discuss

GS

Counter suggestion: No.

Moving through hisec is safe and secure and you can even AFK it. No need to make it even quicker and easier.
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#46 - 2012-07-05 07:56:50 UTC
No

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#47 - 2012-07-05 08:17:35 UTC
Make hi-sec more attractive by introducing meaningful gameplay add-on? It will make small but very vocal null-sec "communities" feel even more lonely, bitter and frustrated. Forget about it.
Mechael
Tribal Liberation Distribution and Retail
#48 - 2012-07-05 08:31:16 UTC
Fast travel does not belong in EVE. Regular jump bridges (and cynos, too) are more than bad enough. Gotta jump halfway across the galaxy just to find conflict these days.

Whether or not you win the game matters not.  It's if you bought it.

Mechael
Tribal Liberation Distribution and Retail
#49 - 2012-07-05 08:34:48 UTC
Kuehnelt wrote:
"Familiarity should breed adoration". Given deriving standings, this might be irritating. For instance, someone grinding Guristas standings wouldn't like having to grind away the Guristas penalties from merely shopping at Jita.

And yet that's exactly how it should work. You're doing business with one of the Guristas' primary enemies. NPCs in this game are currently pure ****. It'd be nice if that changed.

Whether or not you win the game matters not.  It's if you bought it.

Previous page123