These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Game Suggestion: Standings based Empire NPC Jumpbridges.

Author
Kuehnelt
Devoid Privateering
#21 - 2012-07-04 19:53:59 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Wait, so you got standings for missions by running different types of missions?

This is how FW plexing works: you enter a system, warp to a system-visible beacon, maybe kill/chase off a wt that's already there, maybe sit at the button doing nothing or else kill the rats and mostly sit at the button doing nothing (or wait at the warp-in), maybe kill/chase off wartargets/pirates that come in. There's too much PvP in it to call it "a type of mission". And if you aren't a farming alt and actually desire PvP, plexing is a great way to get it. When you do something in order to get fights, 'mission' is an odd label for what you're doing.

Or rather, if that's a mission, then ratting/anomalies/exploration can likewise be presented as virtualized missions for the entities that give you standings boosts for doing them, and you can deploy this 'duh standings-for-missions' quip to anyone who objects to extending standings boosts to those activities.

Quote:
I think tippia is alluding to adding (meaningful) standings changes to belt ratting, anomalies, exploration... Hell, maybe even give standings for using services/paying taxes in a certain faction's stations.

"Familiarity should breed adoration". Given deriving standings, this might be irritating. For instance, someone grinding Guristas standings wouldn't like having to grind away the Guristas penalties from merely shopping at Jita.
Zarian Uphius
Adversity.
Psychotic Tendencies.
#22 - 2012-07-04 19:58:22 UTC
And I will be there with my 1400s waiting for you to jump
Solhild
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-07-04 21:01:33 UTC
I agree that standings should have much more impact in game, not sure if jump bridges are it?

For example:

Factions allow high standing autopilot distance closer to gate
Portrait displays different tattoo/hat/medal etc.
Upgraded captains quarters with some use
Able to remotely complete and request missions from greater distances
Cheaper office rental
Rental of hangars shared between characters
Starbase licence that isn't consumed instead of charters
Cheaper PI tax
Ability to use hisec gates with caps
Access to exploration sites with better loot
Etc. etc.

Mors Sanctitatis
Death of Virtue
#24 - 2012-07-04 21:02:06 UTC
Garibaldi Sinatra wrote:
How about giving us diligent hard working mission runners something new to aim for and use.

Im terrible at explaining ideas but hopfully this short explaination will hint at what i am suggesting.

I would love too see a high speed transit system for getting around highsec. My suggestion would be that the mechaninc requires you have standings with the relevant Empire who controls the jump bridges and prehaps the use of some kind of ticket that you could buy in bulk from the LP store.

This would be a nice addition too the LP store and would provide a good reason for grinding standings with diffeent empire' besides the pure persuit of higher level missions.

Thanks for taking the time too consider this. I hope most of you will agree this is a good idea; i would love too see it implemented.

Discuss

GS

Yes, by all means, let's make high sec even more overpowered.

End yourself. (in game)
Internet Lawyer Steve
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-07-04 21:03:23 UTC
Garibaldi Sinatra wrote:
How about giving us diligent hard working mission runners something new to aim for and use.

Im terrible at explaining ideas but hopfully this short explaination will hint at what i am suggesting.

I would love too see a high speed transit system for getting around highsec. My suggestion would be that the mechaninc requires you have standings with the relevant Empire who controls the jump bridges and prehaps the use of some kind of ticket that you could buy in bulk from the LP store.

This would be a nice addition too the LP store and would provide a good reason for grinding standings with diffeent empire' besides the pure persuit of higher level missions.

Thanks for taking the time too consider this. I hope most of you will agree this is a good idea; i would love too see it implemented.

Discuss

GS

Only if the players were going to pay a tax, a very high tax, and fuel them.

Internet Lawyer Steve and Associates,

Bringing Justice to New Eden, One post at a time...

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#26 - 2012-07-04 21:03:23 UTC
The fat grubs want a private highway all to themselves?

That's fine... I've long fancied myself a highwayman.
Solhild
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-07-04 21:05:36 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:
The fat grubs want a private highway all to themselves?

That's fine... I've long fancied myself a highwayman.

That's the spirit.
Hemmo Paskiainen
#28 - 2012-07-04 21:12:31 UTC
This would be good if there were only such jb's to NPC null sec with jb's acting as bakons on the overview. Heavy campable friendly but moar pew pew and cheaper faction mod prices

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Tug McLub
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#29 - 2012-07-04 21:15:57 UTC
Werst Dendenahzees wrote:
Do this, then I'll know where to park my tornado fleets

^^^
This
Werst Dendenahzees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-07-04 21:20:32 UTC
Actually, I agree with this, but make it so that players have to fuel them just like in 0.0. Let's see who sacrifices his sanity for the good of the many.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-07-04 21:57:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Lin-Young Borovskova
Tippia wrote:
…so instant access to agents, reduced taxes, no refinery waste, and (at the extreme end) free ships isn't enough? It has to be increased security as well?

No.

In fact, if anything, standings gain needs to be decoupled from missions as it is and be turned into something that you can gain in numerous ways.

I would agree with the fact faction standings gain should be mainly from FW, after all why would you gain faction standings by killing rats or mission to corporations?

Corporation standings raise with missions, yes
Gain concord SS by killing rats, yes
Faction just by doing some important mission every 16 missions, no, this should be reserved for FW only.

Would promote more high sec/low sec pvp and make players get involved faster on cheapo throw away pvp, this can only be good.

On topic:

High sec JB's? -If they need you to fuel them, are destructible (so, player owned) and limited range to half of those null ones, why not?

brb

Danfen Fenix
#32 - 2012-07-04 22:02:20 UTC
Hisec - Hisec Jump bridges? No thanks

Hi sec - low sec

Hi sec - NPC 0.0

Sure, that might be cool to see.

or even possibly

hi sec - Alliance 0.0 (limited/limits set up by alliance etc)...although improbable, just fits my dream of there eventually being an allaince who allows people through their space, possibly with taxes on gates etc (properly...not CVA style. Kinda like a player run 'Empire space' P )
Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#33 - 2012-07-04 22:23:42 UTC
ITT: comparing shooting at red crosses to the :effort: of taking, holding, and defending sovereignty, setting up and fueling two POSes, installing and paying taxes for sov upgrades, and fueling bridges every time some idiot jumps an orca with MWD on through.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-07-04 22:46:38 UTC
so who pays for the sov upgrades and fuels the jump bridges exactly?
Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#35 - 2012-07-04 22:52:44 UTC
Didn't read the rest of the comments but.

This would only work if:
1. Members of the Faction ONLY can use the jump bridges, this means that freighters will have to take a risk by being constantly wardecced to do it.
2. These would have to be fueled by someone in the factional warfare corporation.
Barkaial Starfinder
Eixo do Mal
#36 - 2012-07-04 22:58:10 UTC
If
100.000.000,00 ISK for Freighters
20.000.000,00 ISK for BS
10.000.000,00 ISK for Cruisers
1.000.000.00,00 ISK for Frigates

and
Jumps within the same empires

with
8+ Standings

Then
maybe.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#37 - 2012-07-04 23:07:50 UTC
Barkaial Starfinder wrote:
If
100.000.000,00 ISK for Freighters
20.000.000,00 ISK for BS
10.000.000,00 ISK for Cruisers
1.000.000.00,00 ISK for Frigates

and
Jumps within the same empires

with
8+ Standings

Then
maybe.

Why are you using commas and full stops the wrong way round?

Also still no.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Bane Loppknow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-07-04 23:25:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Bane Loppknow
As long as the jump bridges function the same as null bridges (Meaning no added protections or anything like that) I'd be fine with this. Wanna gank a freighter? It's a good bet they're headed for a key jump bridge. Wanna haul some freight? You just shaved 6 jumps off your trip. Everyone gets something nice.

Plus, as CCP has said before, more clicks != better gameplay. More jumps = more clicks.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#39 - 2012-07-04 23:29:11 UTC
Bane Loppknow wrote:
As long as the jump bridges function the same as null bridges (Meaning no added protections or anything like that) I'd be fine with this. Wanna gank a freighter? It's a good bet they're headed for a key jump bridge. Wanna haul some freight? You just shaved 6 jumps off your trip. Everyone gets something nice.

Plus, as CCP has said before, more clicks != better gameplay. More jumps = more clicks.

If CCP really wanted to make Eve smaller they'd bring back the highways. They removed them for a reason.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#40 - 2012-07-05 01:06:05 UTC
ITT: carebears who want nullsex without nullstds.
Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Previous page123Next page