These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

About this new ancillary Shield Boosters

Author
Halete
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-07-04 05:54:54 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Doing it wrong.

He had charges left in his cargo, you're not supposed to shoot at an ancil fit if the DPS would overwhelm the rate the boosters can cycle.

"To know the true path, but yet, to never follow it. That is possibly the gravest sin" - The Scriptures, Book of Missions 13:21

Axium Cog
Holey Amarrian Inquisition
Grand Inquisitors Federation
#62 - 2012-07-04 07:23:42 UTC
i havnt flown them so im rather intrigued to hear how they ACTUALLY work. I was under the impression that the cap booster supplemented the cap requirement of the module, i.e. the larger charge would let you use it practically for free, but you dont get many cycles before reload, while the smaller means you have to have some cap stability in order to get the benefit, but you can run it for longer.

either way, i killed a guy with one the other day, and it was quite an interesting fight. even if its not perfect just yet i do like the changeup from the buffer/alpha paradigm(or meta as my friend likes to call it), makes those active tank SP useful again, or at least tries to.

i for one am looking forward to see where this new line of modules goes from here
Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2012-07-04 07:46:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
Shade Millith wrote:

You wouldn't have had any more luck if the Maelstrom was normally shield boosting.

The fits have -

Far less EHP - Subject to alpha even worse than normal SBing fits
No Capbooster - Suject to neuting
Require150+ more CPU (ASB's require 200 CPU each). - Fits are VERY tight, and require fitting mods, removing damage

Its not "far less" ehp, its just "less" (-invul). But stop saying bullshit, if you are not ten or with dedicated fits, or something like that, you wont alpha them. And im speaking about small gang/solo metagame.

As it tanks without cap, if you wanna KILL them, neuting is not the question.
And finally, compromises to do with fittings are not so hard.

Stop EFT warrioring and go on field with this *****.

ASB Mael/Rokh, are far better about tank than normal active shield tanks (T2 ones), and can tank even longer.
Bouh Revetoile
In Wreck we thrust
#64 - 2012-07-04 17:40:26 UTC
Kilabi wrote:

ASB Mael/Rokh, are far better about tank than normal active shield tanks (T2 ones), and can tank even longer.

Yes, standard active tank is too weak and in dire need of a buff to be on par.
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2012-07-04 18:03:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Copine Callmeknau
Kilabi wrote:
Shade Millith wrote:

You wouldn't have had any more luck if the Maelstrom was normally shield boosting.

The fits have -

Require150+ more CPU (ASB's require 200 CPU each). - Fits are VERY tight, and require fitting mods, removing damage

Its not "far less" ehp, its just "less" (-invul). But stop saying bullshit, if you are not ten or with dedicated fits, or something like that, you wont alpha them. And im speaking about small gang/solo metagame.

Maybe YOU should stop EFT warrioring or lay off the crack pipes, cause it's clearly affecting your brain function.
Since when you need 10 ships to break through 50k EHP? If you just want to oneshot these off the field you can do it with 4-5 tornado's.

If you want to kill it with a two man gang you do it with one heavy dps ship and one alpha ship. Hit it with the alpha when it's shields crash down to like 10%, you'll plow through all the armour and some of the struct in one volley. That's on a goddamn battleship. Any smaller T1 ship with ASB is trivial to kill with tornado

It's called tactics, maybe you should try them instead of crying like a ***** to CCP cause you can't solo maelstroms any more.

But hey don't listen to me, it's not like I've lost half a dozen ASB fit ships already or anything
Fracking idiot

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#66 - 2012-07-04 18:59:21 UTC
Halete wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Doing it wrong.

He had charges left in his cargo, you're not supposed to shoot at an ancil fit if the DPS would overwhelm the rate the boosters can cycle.

I must admit, I do fit a hakim's gyro on my reaper.

Shhh, its a top sekrit fit.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Generals4
#67 - 2012-07-04 19:32:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Generals4
Rhatar Khurin wrote:
It's rather fun flying a merlin with 3 of the beasts attached to it..

Please tell me how many competent pilots you can pop with such a fit.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2012-07-04 20:46:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Kilabi wrote:
Shade Millith wrote:

The fits have -

Maybe YOU should stop EFT warrioring or lay off the crack pipes, cause it's clearly affecting your brain function.
Since when you need 10 ships to break through 50k EHP? If you just want to oneshot these off the field you can do it with 4-5 tornado's.

If you want to kill it with a two man gang you do it with one heavy dps ship and one alpha ship. Hit it with the alpha when it's shields crash down to like 10%, you'll plow through all the armour and some of the struct in one volley. That's on a goddamn battleship. Any smaller T1 ship with ASB is trivial to kill with tornado

It's called tactics, maybe you should try them instead of crying like a ***** to CCP cause you can't solo maelstroms any more.

But hey don't listen to me, it's not like I've lost half a dozen ASB fit ships already or anything
Fracking idiot

Stop being stupid and read what i write
Quote:
if you are not ten OR with dedicated fits

Go alpha an ASB cyclone or a drake with your nado and let me laugh ya "fracking idiot".

I forgot that everyone keep an alpha alt just in case of fighting this new fits when solo making. And your solution is awesome "Well, if you want to kill them, bring one more".

Oh, btw i forgot to say it, but now you can tank sentries in AS thanks to this new modules, but i guess you will find it normal too.

AND FOR GOD SAKE IT IS NOT ABOUT ME, IT IS ABOUT NOT RUINING THE METAGAME!
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#69 - 2012-07-04 20:50:11 UTC
Halete wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Doing it wrong.

Welp, looks more like a guys shooting his alt ship or some afk one and claim "godness e-peen", even a blind guy can see this km is a fluke.

brb

Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2012-07-04 20:56:54 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
Copine Callmeknau wrote:
Kilabi wrote:
Shade Millith wrote:

The fits have -

Fracking idiot

Stop being stupid and read what i write
Quote:
if you are not ten OR with dedicated fits

Go alpha an ASB cyclone or a drake with your nado and let me laugh ya "fracking idiot".

I forgot that everyone keep an alpha alt just in case of fighting this new fits when solo making. And your solution is awesome "Well, if you want to kill them, bring one more".

Oh, btw i forgot to say it, but now you can tank sentries in AS thanks to this new modules, but i guess you will find it normal too.

AND FOR GOD SAKE IT IS NOT ABOUT ME, IT IS ABOUT NOT RUINING THE METAGAME!

Fine whatever just remove all tanking from the game so I can solo everything in a noobship because I'm too lazy to think of a new strategy

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2012-07-04 21:04:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
In pure 1v1, there is NO STRATEGY, if well played, it just wins against most of other active tanks. (T2 regular active tanks eh, no ultra pimped ships).
I can show you on sisi if you want.
Stop being dumb.
Internet Lawyer Steve
Doomheim
#72 - 2012-07-04 21:08:41 UTC
When something new comes out why do some people scream "NERT IT, ITS OP" instead of trying to find a game mechanic that will beat it.

I must be on the wrong forum, this isnt eve, this is WOW in space.

Internet Lawyer Steve and Associates,

Bringing Justice to New Eden, One post at a time...

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2012-07-04 21:11:41 UTC
Internet Lawyer Steve wrote:
When something new comes out why do some people scream "NERT IT, ITS OP" instead of trying to find a game mechanic that will beat it.

It seems that you didnt try to find a strategy to counter it, because in 1v1, it seems that there is not.

If i created this topic, is because i tried to "find a game mechanic to beat it".

NB : I dont consider "bringing more people" as a game mechanic.

If you didnt thought about the problem dont post, thank you.
Internet Lawyer Steve
Doomheim
#74 - 2012-07-04 21:14:35 UTC
Kilabi wrote:

It seems that you didnt try to find a strategy to counter it, because in 1v1, it seems that there is not.

If i created this topic, is because i tried to "find a game mechanic to beat it".

NB : I dont consider "bringing more people" as a game mechanic.

If you didnt thought about the problem dont post, thank you.

I am confused in your response to my post. Could you please re-write that in English then translate it into English.

Tia.

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2012-07-04 21:16:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
Sorry, english is not my native language, please make an effort too, what i wrote seems to be understandable even if its bad english.
Klown Walk
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-07-04 21:18:26 UTC

He posts like a WoW player so he probably is one.
pvp is not about 1v1, never will be.
Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2012-07-04 21:22:09 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:

Really?
If you like to gank people (who doesnt?) and dont have the balls to make some solo sometimes thats your problem.
But some people like it, thank's to respect them.

And im not a Wow player, at all.

Hope someone will find drugs against stupidity, it seems to be contagious.
Internet Lawyer Steve
Doomheim
#78 - 2012-07-04 21:24:23 UTC
My first post in this thread was directed at the OP.

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#79 - 2012-07-04 21:29:47 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
Klown Walk wrote:

Really?
If you like to gank people (who doesnt?) and dont have the balls to make some solo sometimes thats your problem.
But some people like it, thank's to respect them.

And im not a Wow player, at all.

Hope someone will find drugs against stupidity, it seems to be contagious.

If you are looking for internet e-honourable fights and bushido/whatever aikido warrior honour code of war, then you play the wrong game.
Choose your fights and when you loose, suck it up man up, try to understand what you did or didn't who lead to your defeat. This is a PVP space ship game promoting group actions and large fleet fights, like it or not, it's the way it is. Deal with it.

brb

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2012-07-04 21:29:48 UTC
My first post in this thread was directed at the OP.

So what made you change your mind?