These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vanguard Un-Nerf

First post
Author
Takara Yamamoto
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#101 - 2012-07-03 10:55:58 UTC
ETA on a rework please, OTA walls hurt my Rokh Roll

But seriously, I don't think it's working as intended when logis instapop on a volley...

Cheers,
Tak
Shaotuk
Sin City Enterprises
#102 - 2012-07-03 13:05:21 UTC
Takara Yamamoto wrote:

But seriously, I don't think it's working as intended when logis instapop on a volley...

Cheers,
Tak

Tell your logis to fit properly then. As a logi pilot, I have no issues with incoming dps, as long as the site is being cleared properly.
Takara Yamamoto
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#103 - 2012-07-03 13:54:04 UTC
I knew someone would troll that, but I'll bite. Post your OTA Basi t2 fit (t2, as in no faction mods etc.) that tanks the opening Alpha npnp.

Cheers,
Tak
Velarra
#104 - 2012-07-03 19:01:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Velarra
Takara Yamamoto wrote:
I knew someone would troll that, but I'll bite. Post your OTA Basi t2 fit (t2, as in no faction mods etc.) that tanks the opening Alpha npnp.

Cheers,
Tak

http://incursions.nexsoft.de/?mode=fit&id=11

While the OTA sites are very long, the above logi should have no issue while orbiting its anchor in an OTA. This being said, fleet survival tends to rest on a competent FC & solid fleet comp. Not to imply faction BS or faction fit BS either, merely T2 fittings, & solid pilots in T1 or T2 BS.

Edit: Above fit might want to drop the CDFE for another ACR while switching the RCU for a PDS. At Logi V it'll let you fit a 5/1 mixed repper type setup if you're flying with a Logi V partner.
Katja Faith
Doomheim
#105 - 2012-07-03 21:07:09 UTC
After reading all the bad grammar in this thread I'm gonna unsubscribe!! DARN YOU, CCP!!!
Shaotuk
Sin City Enterprises
#106 - 2012-07-04 00:02:17 UTC
Velarra wrote:
Takara Yamamoto wrote:

Cheers,
Tak

While the OTA sites are very long, the above logi should have no issue while orbiting its anchor in an OTA. This being said, fleet survival tends to rest on a competent FC & solid fleet comp. Not to imply faction BS or faction fit BS either, merely T2 fittings, & solid pilots in T1 or T2 BS.

Edit: Above fit might want to drop the CDFE for another ACR while switching the RCU for a PDS. At Logi V it'll let you fit a 5/1 mixed repper type setup if you're flying with a Logi V partner.

Thats the exact fit I use, cept I use t2 rigs.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#107 - 2012-07-04 05:03:02 UTC
Herr Ronin wrote:
Cobalt Rookits wrote:
I was refering to Apolyon using it as EVERYONE gets 100mil/hr, not that your numbers were false Herr Ronin. I hate when people use outliers to make their arguments and ISN is definitely an outlier right now :)

FFF, I just averaged out my time on the last 3 hours I spent actively RUNNING vg sites (only fleet that was up when I was on) I made about 40 mil/hr. Mostly OTAs, but what the heck am I doing?

Its just a pain i know!

Try to avoid OTA's if you can at this point.

Have you tried Assaults?

Your opinion on OTAs changed, why? What changed? It's be nice to see CCP actually comment on OTAs or any of these 'statistics' they're going to sit on ( opps sorry study Roll )for 4+ months...
Then again they can't even do a real 'rollback' without screwing up those numbers.
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#108 - 2012-07-04 11:13:59 UTC
I've already stated we have plans to fix OTAs :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Souchi son
Souchi son Corporation
#109 - 2012-07-04 11:46:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Souchi son
What do you guys want, I see two problems here

- Some people want everything to be harder no matter what

- Some people are pushing some pvp agenda

The way i see it is this if incursions are balanced for T2 fit ships and give out a decent "ISK p/h : Risk" all is good for noobs

IF incursions are getting nerfed because shiny fleets are destroying incursions and reducing risk that’s a problem

So what do you want do you guys want noobs out of incursions or do you want them trying their best as well.

If you make them so hard for noobs your community’s get destroyed because no noobs signing up means fleets take longer to put together, then people get tired and give up, this is a fact.

Make a decision CCP who do you want running incursions, is this PvE endgame or is it something else.

The thing is though the game is supposed to be a sand-box, but if everyone wants something changed then it’s not a sandbox anymore it’s a waterbox or shitbox whatever CCP decides to make it

As for the PvP agenda, i see it like this Incursions are teamwork vs npcs, as far as i see its PvE, so if you want to peddle PvP issues maybe go elseware,

Or CCP could say right incursions are PvE only and anyone fighting inside a site will be shot

I dont know what you guys want, but CCP changing the rules, basicly stoping a few months of incursions for noobs is bad for all.
Vincent VanDamme
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#110 - 2012-07-04 13:24:11 UTC
Takara Yamamoto wrote:

Cheers,
Tak

Being on the receiving end of this wasn't fun.

Full drones and 2 logis applying all reps to a third , overheated, and it didn't even cause a blink in the DPS.

Ouch!

Was my first incursion as well.

Vincent VanDamme
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#111 - 2012-07-04 13:26:45 UTC
Velarra wrote:
Takara Yamamoto wrote:

Cheers,
Tak

Thanks for posting this up. Its a rel nice guide and some fits that I can aim for!

DarthNefarius
#112 - 2012-07-04 13:31:45 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
CCP Affinity wrote:
I've already stated we have plans to fix OTAs :)

Thanks for the reply. I see there's plans now for before end o summer
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
DarthNefarius
#113 - 2012-07-12 08:10:36 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
CCP Affinity wrote:

(snip)
Also, it's worth noting that we are rolling back the 10% reward reduction. This is not the same thing as increasing the current payout by 10%. eg: 1000 reduced by 10% = 900 which becomes the new payout amount - so 900 increased by 10% is 990

tl/dr the above is incorrect :

So CCP Affinity can you please comment on why Hi SEC Incursions now pay 10.395 million after the 'rollback' when pre Escalation they paid 10.5 million?
I've known a few people that filled out petitions that the GM replies where: Working as Intended. Yet obviously from what you said above it was not. I would not doubt that a few people have fillled out bug reports too but those take at least 1 month plus for even the simplest reply from my experience.
I personally didn't bother filling out a petition or bug report because the 1% difference is less then a drop in the bucket compared to the real issue of the probably 80% nerf the other changes created
Herr Ronin
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#114 - 2012-07-12 10:06:00 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
CCP Affinity wrote:

(snip)
Also, it's worth noting that we are rolling back the 10% reward reduction. This is not the same thing as increasing the current payout by 10%. eg: 1000 reduced by 10% = 900 which becomes the new payout amount - so 900 increased by 10% is 990

tl/dr the above is incorrect :

So CCP Affinity can you please comment on why Hi SEC Incursions now pay 10.395 million after the 'rollback' when pre Escalation they paid 10.5 million?
I've known a few people that filled out petitions that the GM replies where: Working as Intended. Yet obviously from what you said above it was not. I would not doubt that a few people have fillled out bug reports too but those take at least 1 month plus for even the simplest reply from my experience.
I personally didn't either filling out a petition or bug report because the 1% difference is less then a drop in the bucket compared to the real issue of the probably 80% nerf the other changes created

How interesting.

I'll Race You For A Amburhgear