These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

CCP: Upcomming mining barge buff; the underlaying problem

Author
Lulu Ormand
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-07-03 13:02:41 UTC
when this change will be applied anyway?

This week maybe Oo?
Frying Doom
#22 - 2012-07-03 13:36:53 UTC
Please Immediately send me 5 billion isk.

You appear to be speaking in GD without a valid tinfoil membership card.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Annabell Ood
Ood Mineral Resources Management
#23 - 2012-07-03 23:19:11 UTC
HmMmMMMmMmmM ... you state your narrow minded opinions as fact and then draw wild eyed conclusions without having done any research about the topic on which you speak.

You sir, have a bright future.... rock on
Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#24 - 2012-07-03 23:43:28 UTC
You know what would be cool? Biomassing a character would also remove any and all posts made by that character.

John Hancock

Soundwave Plays Diablo
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-07-03 23:45:23 UTC
I would have read every word,

if Tom Gerard had written it.
Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-07-03 23:48:52 UTC
lol @ another goon/test post alt staring another thread. Keep them locked up guys.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#27 - 2012-07-04 02:39:07 UTC
"Dev blob?"

That actually made me lol, so by all means, troll OP, please continue.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#28 - 2012-07-04 10:49:15 UTC
Tarryn Nightstorm wrote:
"Dev blob?"

That actually made me lol, so by all means, troll OP, please continue.

They have a prior history of fitting ships badly, so they need numbers to make up for it

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-07-04 11:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Hardcoreplaying != using alts.
It's hardcore to *not* rely on the help/usage of alts.
They are actually making things *more easy*, hence *not hardcore*.
pussnheels
Viziam
#30 - 2012-07-04 11:49:30 UTC
Only the other barges are getting a buff and not only in yield,
why ? to make the other more viable than they are today and give them a role again ,as far i know hulks even going to be nerfed in cargo space
You making presumptions about something nobody even has numbers for

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

TheGunslinger42
All Web Investigations
#31 - 2012-07-04 13:10:16 UTC
They should never have buffed the other barges as much as they did. A mining ship with as much EHP as a bs AND with more yield than they currently have (excluding the hulk)? Whats next, a l4 mission running ship with the EHP of a supercap?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#32 - 2012-07-04 13:16:23 UTC
TheGunslinger42 wrote:
They should never have buffed the other barges as much as they did. A mining ship with as much EHP as a bs AND with more yield than they currently have (excluding the hulk)? Whats next, a l4 mission running ship with the EHP of a supercap?
Nah. It'll have the EHP of a BS and relatively bad yield (maybe along the lines of a current non-maxed Covetor).

The way it's written, it seems that the baseline will be the Hulk, which will remain pretty much exactly the same as it is right now, only with an ore hold instead of a cargo hold. The rest will then be modified in relationship to this standard in terms of having increasing amounts of EHP and decreasing amounts of yield.
Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#33 - 2012-07-04 13:57:53 UTC
Hulkageddon has never had that much impact on mineral prices. A lot of the price increases this year came about through speculation in the ore/mineral market.

The dev blog does not specify large yield increases all along the exhumer line. It specifies improvement of the yield of the mining strips for all the ships to approach the efficiency of a hulk. I don't recall the amounts being specified.

Only the procurer and T2 version are getting a big tank. But their one slot for a strip miner will not give them the yield of a hulk.

When you have to write this many words to make a post, you don't really have a post. Good ideas don't take this long to explain.
Hikaru Kuroda
Extheria
#34 - 2012-07-04 16:02:35 UTC
Caldari Citizen20110707 wrote:
Simply buffing the HP on mining barges isnt rly a solution as they suppose to be mining barges, defenselss ships.

I disagree with that, because in a roleplaying context, mining barges should have strong defenses (shields) to protect against asteroids that collide with them.
Herr Hammer Draken
#35 - 2012-07-05 05:39:14 UTC
Really how can so many people misread CCP's proposed changes to mining barges? Like the OP for one.
Oh wait the same ones that fall for every scam in game. Ok carry on.

Herr Hammer Draken "The Amarr Prophet"

Dirk Culliford
Zero G Universal Enterprises
#36 - 2012-07-05 06:57:39 UTC
It's just as well they're producing a mining barge with a battleship tank for those of you too stupid to dodge gankers.

TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Never underestimate the ability of miners to totally ignore every stat except yield. I fully expect to see whine threads after the change that say 'i can't help noticing that the best yield, tank and hold are on different ships. Please merge them!'
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#37 - 2012-07-05 07:16:14 UTC
Dirk Culliford wrote:
It's just as well they're producing a mining barge with a battleship tank for those of you too stupid to dodge gankers.

TheGunslinger42 wrote:

Never underestimate the ability of miners to totally ignore every stat except yield. I fully expect to see whine threads after the change that say 'i can't help noticing that the best yield, tank and hold are on different ships. Please merge them!'

I will be amazed if there are less than twenty threads decrying this "savage nerf" to the mining profession when the changes go live. Stockpile popcorn now.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#38 - 2012-07-05 07:18:07 UTC
Dirk Culliford wrote:
I fully expect to see whine threads after the change that say 'i can't help noticing that the best yield, tank and hold are on different ships. Please merge them!'
After the change? It's already happening. Lol
InternetSpaceship
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-07-05 08:08:32 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
lol @ another goon/test post alt staring another thread. Keep them locked up guys.

Alts alts alts. What is it with this forum and the baseless assumption that everyone is posting on an alt?

Official Recruiter for GoonSwarm Corporation.

If you paid isk to get into GoonSwarm, you were probably scammed.  If you had the foresight to save the name of your scammer, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

Xhaiden Ora
Doomheim
#40 - 2012-07-05 08:10:36 UTC
Well, on the upside at least you managed to finish your post before the night nurse realised you slipped your restraints after lights out.
Previous page12