These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Highsec Dread

Author
ben7303 Shardani
Master-Baiters
#1 - 2012-07-03 23:12:28 UTC
I was thinking, I would like to see a high sec dreadnought. They would have to be vary care full about making it OP. I was thinking something like 2k DPS and 100k EHP while in siege. I think this would add a lot to high sec wars and might make them more fun. There might be a major draw back to this I have not thought of. Please let me know what everybody thinks.
Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#2 - 2012-07-03 23:16:21 UTC
Hi, I direct you to this google search to let your imagination run even wilder.
Ohh Yeah
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#3 - 2012-07-03 23:16:30 UTC
ben7303 Shardani wrote:
I was thinking, I would like to see a high sec dreadnought. They would have to be vary care full about making it OP. I was thinking something like 2k DPS and 100k EHP while in siege. I think this would add a lot to high sec wars and might make them more fun. There might be a major draw back to this I have not thought of. Please let me know what everybody thinks.

So a shield-tanked Vindicator?
Lucy Ferrr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-07-03 23:38:34 UTC
We already got dreads in the game. Just grow a pair and leave highsec and you can fly all the dreads you want.
Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#5 - 2012-07-03 23:49:45 UTC
Ohh Yeah wrote:
ben7303 Shardani wrote:

So a shield-tanked Vindicator?

beat me to it

ben7303 Shardani
Master-Baiters
#6 - 2012-07-04 00:03:44 UTC
Lucy Ferrr wrote:
We already got dreads in the game. Just grow a pair and leave highsec and you can fly all the dreads you want.

I do leave high sec. I just would like to see high sec wars become a more fun part of the game. A death Star POS would be way easier to take down, and the care bear tears will flow. It is just and ideal I would like to get feedback on. I would rather people who think they are better than everybody and think they have something to try to prove not post here.
Momoyo
Rivinshield Trading Inc.
#7 - 2012-07-04 00:13:18 UTC
Ive heard suggestions for a siege module for use on BS. I think thats an interesting Idea to spice up high sec PVP
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#8 - 2012-07-04 00:16:19 UTC
there's a supercap in Jita already
ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-07-04 00:16:54 UTC
I would say Vindicator but its already been done

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#10 - 2012-07-04 00:31:17 UTC
Killing hulks with a dreadnought, sounds delightful!

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#11 - 2012-07-04 00:39:41 UTC
ben7303 Shardani wrote:
Lucy Ferrr wrote:

I do leave high sec. I just would like to see high sec wars become a more fun part of the game. A death Star POS would be way easier to take down, and the care bear tears will flow. It is just and ideal I would like to get feedback on. I would rather people who think they are better than everybody and think they have something to try to prove not post here.
And the rest of us would probably prefer that terrible, terrible ideas be confined to the Features & Ideas subforum and not just shat out into GD like this.

I'll make you a deal - you post terrible ideas in the right place, and no one will mock them. You post terrible ideas in GD, expect to have negative feedback.

Love your idea, by the way.

Nope - wait - I got confused, it was terrible.
Grumpymunky
Monkey Steals The Peach
#12 - 2012-07-04 00:42:49 UTC
Highsec Dread = what a red-flashy criminal feels after pursuing their target one too many jumps?

Post with your monkey.

Thread locked due to lack of pants.

stoicfaux
#13 - 2012-07-04 00:45:19 UTC
ben7303 Shardani wrote:
I was thinking, I would like to see a high sec dreadnought.

If you were really thinking, you would ask yourself how *many* dreads do you want to see in high-sec?

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Benjamin Eastwood
#14 - 2012-07-04 01:27:21 UTC
You can get yourself some dreads if you go into the character creator and select the appropriate hairstyle. Wearable in all security levels of New Eden!

"Endless ISK, the sinews of war"

Plus 1
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-07-04 03:40:34 UTC
Lykouleon wrote:
Killing hulks with a dreadnought, sounds delightful!

Real men suicide gank with Citadel Torpedos.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#16 - 2012-07-04 03:44:56 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

If you were really thinking, you would ask yourself how *many* dreads do you want to see in high-sec?

Yeah the problem is that most people only have the imagination to see themselves as the lone dread pilot. They don't imagine being hot-dropped (cos there would be hi sec cynos too, right?) by hundreds of other high sec dreads just for tears.
MinefieldS
1 Sick Duck Standss on something
#17 - 2012-07-04 04:02:21 UTC
You're not Chribba
Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-07-04 04:14:55 UTC
Morganta wrote:

If there really is it should be removed from highsec. Supercaps were never allowed in highsec. You couldn't even build one back when capital ships were allowed in highsec. There probably is capital ship in Jita, but not supercap.
Messoroz
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#19 - 2012-07-04 04:29:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Messoroz
Increase docking aggression timers from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. There highsec wardecs are now more interesting.

Jorma Morkkis wrote:
Morganta wrote:

If there really is it should be removed from highsec. Supercaps were never allowed in highsec. You couldn't even build one back when capital ships were allowed in highsec. There probably is capital ship in Jita, but not supercap.

Actually when GMs do a :CCP:, they reimburse supercaps to highsec stations(where the pilot was docked). So it is possible for supers to be in highsec. They jsut aren't allowed to do anything(besides cyno out at owner's leisure) or be used for anything otherwise they face punishment and immediate removal.
Bobo Cindekela
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-07-04 05:22:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Bobo Cindekela
the problem wit your idea is that it would necessitate an equal improvement in POS defense, both EHP and cpu/grid to fit weaponry able to offset your power creep mini-dread.

my 2c

that there wasnt afaik improvements to pos after the release of rigs, the power creep has already happened to some degree

You are about to engage in an arguement with a forum alt,  this is your final warning.

12Next page