These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

If the Vaga is getting frills back...

First post
Author
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#1 - 2012-07-02 16:53:23 UTC
From twitter:

Quote:
Tomorrow in CCP patchnotes: "The vaga has had its frill restored, and now requires more minerals as a result."

Give us back the navy comet's "Police Cruiser" paintjob! I haven't been able to cruise the stars playing "Bad boys" out of the windows for far too long.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Onictus
DaTaFuqer
#2 - 2012-07-02 17:41:39 UTC
+1

I miss the old comet skin.
Seismic Stan
Freebooted Junkworks
#3 - 2012-07-02 17:52:27 UTC
Yeah, I agree.

I fitted mine out as an emergency service response vehicle just because of that light. It could do everything - shield, armour and hull repairs. I was making a good living doing roadside recovery, but then they took my light away and I just get stuck in traffic all the time now. I loved that little emergency responder, but now it's just a ship.

For what its worth, I'm considering going on that Thukk You Frill Me protest march on 15th July in Jita. Maybe we can get our flashy blue light back.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
Point Blank Alliance
#4 - 2012-07-02 17:53:51 UTC
Give an Eve player a finger, and he'll take the whole hand.

Give an Eve player the finger, and he'll ***** and moan about change on the forums all day long.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2012-07-02 18:05:20 UTC
Citation needed Roll

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Roll Sizzle Beef
Space Mutiny
#6 - 2012-07-02 18:11:01 UTC
These spaceship pilots really get into a tizzy about their ships cosmetics. Its like they want to play dress-up or something.
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-07-02 18:18:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Jada Maroo
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

You guys (players, not CCP) should really be thankful CCP is more or less saying "Hell no we're not touching that thing again" because it probably means it's very high on the list for a total remake. CCP said in the test forum that they aren't fussing too much with ships due for a replacement. That's why the Tempest kind of has a half-assed V3.

The Stabber hull is terribly out of date and is a poor very 3D model by today's standards.
Luba Cibre
Global Song Setup
#8 - 2012-07-02 18:42:23 UTC
I WANT MY ANTENNAS ON THE CURSE BACK!

"Nothing essential happens in the absence of noise." 

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#9 - 2012-07-02 18:48:36 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

so rumor threads are ok again?

I has a confused
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-07-02 18:48:51 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

You guys (players, not CCP) should really be thankful CCP is more or less saying "Hell no we're not touching that thing again" because it probably means it's very high on the list for a total remake. CCP said in the test forum that they aren't fussing too much with ships due for a replacement. That's why the Tempest kind of has a half-assed V3.

The Stabber hull is terribly out of date and is a poor very 3D model by today's standards.

Maybe if they hadn't tried to fix what wasn't broken... Straight

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ottersmacker
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#11 - 2012-07-02 19:11:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Ottersmacker
give me wingy bits, antennas, paintjobs etc or give me death

seriously it's like removing the shaft part of the thorax

i just locked an open door.. strange, yet symbolically compelling.

KrakizBad
Section 8.
#12 - 2012-07-02 19:12:59 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

Boooooooooooooooooooo
Alara IonStorm
#13 - 2012-07-02 19:14:15 UTC
Ottersmacker wrote:

They can do both and put wingies and antenna all over your brightly colored coffin.

Problem solved.
Ottersmacker
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#14 - 2012-07-02 19:16:42 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Ottersmacker wrote:

They can do both and put wingies and antenna all over your brightly colored coffin.

Problem solved.

in b4 T'Amber actually shops this

i just locked an open door.. strange, yet symbolically compelling.

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#15 - 2012-07-02 19:19:30 UTC
i no understand why we have character avatar editor, when we really need spaceship model editor...

ccp why you no understand?
Krell Kroenen
The Devil's Shadow
#16 - 2012-07-02 20:32:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Krell Kroenen
Jada Maroo wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

So they aren't going to fuss much with ships they are going to replace in some unknown future time frame. But they haven't said which ones. Sure we can guess and hope that they will improve the models. (And do a better job than what they did with the Raven). But why take the time and trouble to take off the Vaga's ears if they are going to replace it soon?

That doesn't make a lot sense, or really any sense really. On one hand I would like some clear answers from CCP about their intent. But on the other I don't think it would make everyone happy. In fact it may even be a benefit for them to leave us in the dark holding on to a thread of hope that they will fix what they have broken.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#17 - 2012-07-02 20:36:33 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

Pretty please can the Vaga have its ears back, and the Fleet Issue Tempest needs its square solar wings back too. Thanks Big smile

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#18 - 2012-07-02 20:44:32 UTC
Morganta wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

I has a confused

Nope but I'm not Community. Just wanted to let everyone know that this was nonsense until it gets eventually locked.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#19 - 2012-07-02 20:44:41 UTC
I'll be honest, all I want in this game is a big bad ass Borg cube.

No but seriously, that would be awesome.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
Point Blank Alliance
#20 - 2012-07-02 20:51:54 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Morganta wrote:
CCP Goliath wrote:
Citation needed Roll

I has a confused

Nope but I'm not Community. Just wanted to let everyone know that this was nonsense until it gets eventually locked.

I wish CCP devs would officially declare more things nonsense... I'm half tempted to just make a vanity forum alt just for the purpose of going around and shouting "THIS IS BULLSHIIIIIIIT" in all bad threads.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

12Next page