These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Humanity

Author
Viktor Fyretracker
Emminent Terraforming
#21 - 2012-06-29 05:29:46 UTC
David Forge wrote:
Esna Pitoojee wrote:
With a handful of exceptions, the stats of celestial objects are largely nonsensical and pseudo-randomly generated.

I'd not read to far into it.

The numbers given for object ages and sizes seem to have been made up with little regard for accuracy. One day they might fix it but for now it's best to ignore them. If we try to make them make sense we will find ourselves dealing with more than a few contradictions and scientific impossibilities. Remember, they only recently got the stargates to point in the right direction. Give them time. ;)

we likely should not bring up that no system in the game is binary either. and yet the lore-o-matic states that Stargates require binary systems.

However Yay for handwave, How I would do it is simply state that Stargates have their own gravity well generator making no need for a second star. And this is also how our ships can lock their warp drives onto a stargate.

EVE is like swimming on a beach in shark infested waters,  There is however a catch...  The EVE Beach you also have to wonder which fellow swimmer will try and eat you before the sharks.

Dark Drifter
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#22 - 2012-06-29 09:06:09 UTC
Qvar Dar'Zanar wrote:
I don't think you got the Big Bang Theory rigth...

as you said its a theory. and as such is subject to change in the future. it ca not be proven (or dis proven for that matter) that our reality consists of any number of separably contained universes, and that it is possible for a WH to bridge the immense gaps between them.

there is plenty of SIFi related gaff to support this:

-quantam leep
-various startreck episodes.
-1000 of books (fiction)
-stargate (to some extent)

and now eve also. after all its a si-fi game and can paint a picture of its game world however it sees fit
David Forge
GameOn Inc.
#23 - 2012-06-29 16:32:42 UTC
The entire contents of the Universe is the result of the Big Bang, there were not multiple Big Bangs at different times resulting in different areas or pockets of space with varying ages.
Dark Drifter
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#24 - 2012-06-30 11:52:29 UTC
David Forge wrote:
The entire contents of the Universe is the result of the Big Bang, there were not multiple Big Bangs at different times resulting in different areas or pockets of space with varying ages.

prove it... sorry to be blunt but being unable to see "the edge" of our universe means that we can not be shore as to weather or not there are multiples of this instance occurring.

what i mean to say there is the possibility of our universe only stretching to a suntan distance beyond our visual range is vary likely and out there could also have an edge. and beyond that edge is nothingness. thus the possibility of a similar instance of the "BIG BANG" could occurre and this different universe is close enough to universe TERRA to enable a link (WH) to form

still if it could be proven either way we would not be having this debate
Qvar Dar'Zanar
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-06-30 12:38:58 UTC
Well... That's a possibility, and one i've never thought about, on top of it.
The Chronophage
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2012-06-30 16:41:47 UTC
The God of Eve created the universe in 6 hours 10000 years ago, but he made the universe LOOK like it was billions of years old to confuse and inspire us all.

Nashuar Attor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2012-07-01 05:56:41 UTC
Dark Drifter wrote:
[quote=Qvar Dar'Zanar][quote=Dark Drifter]

the age of our universe is 14.6 billion years, this is the accepted age of our star cluster, originating at inception "the BIG BANG"
NEW EDEN exists in a wholly separate star cluster, created by its own big bang and as such is far older than we can fathom

This is the generally accpeted universal age, but some of the other astronomers I work with believe the universes to be as old as 30-33 billion years. They tend to be the older guys, but there is science and math behind that conclusion (don't ask me what, I've never been interested enough to ask properly).

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.

Arkturus McFadden
Anukar
#28 - 2012-07-01 13:39:06 UTC
Obviously the Pimebeka Star is god. Sorry Amarr.

Previous page12