These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

miners killing miners

Author
Cough Suppressant
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-07-01 01:12:45 UTC
I log on today to do a wee bit of mining.
I go over my check list making sure my hulk is up to snuff.
I check local.

Something out of the ordinary catches my attention.
There is not enough people in local.
Ok, normally on a saturday I see 15 to 20 people.
Today there is only 5, including myself.

I can say normally because I live in this system and have spent many an hour chipping away happily at the local belts. I have gotten to know most of the locals, the habits of the miners and the never-leave-stationers.

I do notice 3 new arrivals to this system, and the system is quiet.
Soooo, I check my local information.
All Same corp - check
I check my good friend google.
Google leads me to my new best friend, the killboards.

Low and behold, there they are. With lots and lots of hulk kills. Recent ones at that.

So now, I'm thinkin to myself, no mining for me today.

After some thought I figured I have 2 options:

A: Go and see what the wife and kids are doing, spend the day with them.

or

B: See whats going on with my new neighbors

Being the carebear I am, and since my wife and kids scare me more then getting ganked, I' jump into my cloaky scout ship.

This is the part that really really tripped me out..

All 3 of these hulk smashing new neighbors of mine, WAS MINING!!!

These guys were not only mining, they was doing the bot shuffle.

That was this morning, early AM. and guess what, this evening they are still at it. Me, the most i can mine in one session is 6 hours doing the station shuffle.

So it made a little bit of sense why the system was empty.

I guess in a day or two, I'll have to hire someone to clean my system up, after all being a carebear, you don't expect me to do it.

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#2 - 2012-07-01 01:16:26 UTC
Just an aggressive removal of local competition for resources. Nothing to see here.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Infinitio Krystallos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-07-01 01:20:35 UTC
This is just posting stupidity.

Mine anyway. Mine in another system next door. Big F'ing deal

I see no problem except a Forum Troll.
Arkturus McFadden
Anukar
#4 - 2012-07-01 01:22:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Arkturus McFadden
Looks like the real purpose of hulk ganking has been exposed. SmileRoll

Not surprised though, that high sec gankers would do that. It actually makes a lot of sense.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#5 - 2012-07-01 01:24:31 UTC
Cough Suppressant wrote:
I check local.

I can say normally because I live in this system and have spent many an hour chipping away happily at the local belts. I have gotten to know most of the locals, the habits of the miners and the never-leave-stationers.

All Same corp - check

Low and behold, there they are. With lots and lots of hulk kills. Recent ones at that.

or

Being the carebear I am, and since my wife and kids scare me more then getting ganked, I' jump into my cloaky scout ship.

That was this morning, early AM. and guess what, this evening they are still at it. Me, the most i can mine in one session is 6 hours doing the station shuffle.

I guess in a day or two, I'll have to hire someone to clean my system up, after all being a carebear, you don't expect me to do it.

There is a report bot button for a reason: so you dont have to bore us to death with long winded uninteresting threads.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-07-01 02:03:55 UTC
Contact me and ill clean them up for the low low price of 30m a hulk, unless you live in Minmatar or Gallente space

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

ashley Eoner
#7 - 2012-07-01 02:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: ashley Eoner
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Cough Suppressant wrote:
I check local.

All Same corp - check

or

There is a report bot button for a reason: so you dont have to bore us to death with long winded uninteresting threads.
Well you cannot blame the OP when someone is mentally slow enough that they cannot read a thread quickly or at least realize fairly quickly that the thread bores them and move on.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#8 - 2012-07-01 02:12:09 UTC
Its a great way to get rid of bots as well as competition. Youll scare away the timid ones. Every time I start mining in a new system its a matter of getting to know the locals and the gankers that haunt the area. Often its the miners that turn into the gankers though I must admit most DO use alts rather than their mining mains, cuz thats just ASKING for trouble if you ask me.

Id just go buy and insure a retriever or procurer without a tank and go mine right beside them for hours on end, be an ass or make waves and noise and see if you can get them to gank you in your cheap insured ship. Then go get yourself a gank ship yourself and wait till theyre mining in their hulks and employ your free kill rights upon them. Dont forget to bring a salvager with you. Profit. Kill right farming at its best.Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Sam Ruger
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-07-01 02:53:37 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Its a great way to get rid of bots as well as competition. Youll scare away the timid ones. Twisted

There are timid bots?

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#10 - 2012-07-01 03:05:21 UTC
Sam Ruger wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Its a great way to get rid of bots as well as competition. Youll scare away the timid ones. Twisted

There are timid bots?

Yes. Some warp away right away and others stick around until after they get shot at a few times and THEN they warp away.Big smile

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-07-01 03:21:34 UTC
ACE McFACE wrote:
Contact me and ill clean them up for the low low price of 30m a hulk, unless you live in Minmatar or Gallente space

Im not joking about this btw

Cough Suppressant
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-07-01 04:33:32 UTC
@ Simikittyigiveafck

"There is a report bot button for a reason: so you dont have to bore us to death with long winded uninteresting threads."

i used old fashioned quotes, so your reading comprehension doesn't get all fubar.

Where's this button at?

@ Ace
dude, im deep in minmatar, at Frealidur

@ Eternus
spent all my sp on industry related skills, sorry. I have to bail when rats show up.

and for anyone who cares, we going on 15 hours straight mining. 3 different ships, 3 diffferent belts, all warp to same and dock, undock, blah fkin blah blah..

this is bullshit, and you tards who defend this

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#13 - 2012-07-01 05:01:05 UTC
The strong will cull the weak. This is the natural order.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Graic Gabtar
The Lemon Party
#14 - 2012-07-01 10:12:00 UTC
Eliminating competition?

Game working as expected?
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-07-01 10:33:04 UTC
@Op

It's a normal behaviour from other miners, and a lot of mining/industrial corps have their own ganker alts or ganker contacts to kill other miners either because you refuse to join their corp and be their slave (mining/selling them mineral for the lowest price in the market they sell then at highest price to low/null buyers)

Just spot those, get some friends and wardec them, gank them even at isk loss, not only you will disrupt their activity but you'll make them not respect their contract with null buyers/whatever buyer (yep those often work under contract of some determinate amounts, you disrupt this they loose a lot more than a simple mining barge)

Normal tactic, just tank your hulk or gank them until they leave the place.

brb

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2012-07-01 11:47:05 UTC
Cough Suppressant wrote:

@ Ace
dude, im deep in minmatar, at Frealidur

Damn

Alara IonStorm
#17 - 2012-07-01 12:19:38 UTC
They are ganking people then Mining..

Gotta love Miners in this game. The people who are killing them are sitting around in nearly defenseless ships and can be attacked on the victims terms. They could fly right back in a Cruiser and kill them all easy as cake. Dozen victims with a watch list and locator agents and god help them if they have or then one guy per kill.

Yet they don't.
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#18 - 2012-07-01 13:47:38 UTC
Infinitio Krystallos wrote:

Nononono. What YOU have posted is posting stupidity and terrible trolling. The OP is simply trying to inform us of botting/warring neighbours. Please, learn to post before you 'toast.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Infinitio Krystallos
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2012-07-01 13:56:58 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
Infinitio Krystallos wrote:

Nononono. What YOU have posted is posting stupidity and terrible trolling. The OP is simply trying to inform us of botting/warring neighbours. Please, learn to post before you 'toast.

Wasn't it Gertrude Stein who said "A Troll is a Troll is a troll is...."
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#20 - 2012-07-01 14:07:49 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
They are ganking people then Mining..

Gotta love Miners in this game. The people who are killing them are sitting around in nearly defenseless ships and can be attacked on the victims terms. They could fly right back in a Cruiser and kill them all easy as cake. Dozen victims with a watch list and locator agents and god help them if they have or then one guy per kill.

Yet they don't.

Sad fact is they wouldn´t even try to kill those Hulks if they were bright flashy......

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

12Next page