These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

SO think the alliance tourney will be rigged again?

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#21 - 2012-06-30 03:24:33 UTC
Of course it will be rigged. Otherwise it wouldn't be an EVE alliance tournament, would it?

The fun part is to see where the rigging occurs. P
No More Heroes
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#22 - 2012-06-30 03:25:29 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
Or will it actually be fair?

Well the cheaters are already banned so....

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#23 - 2012-06-30 03:47:43 UTC
Doesn't matter because it's not interesting either way.
Ron Maudieu
#24 - 2012-06-30 04:20:59 UTC
Rigged internet spaceship battle, so interesting. Roll
Russell Casey
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-06-30 04:52:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Russell Casey
Alliance Tourney=Pro Wrestling.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#26 - 2012-06-30 05:02:52 UTC
Soundwave Plays Diablo wrote:
Roll Sizzle Beef wrote:
Or will it actually be fair?

Nothing is fair. Fair is if things were balanced.

Oh yeah I forgot EVE isnt meant to be fair

my bad

If I didn't know any better I would think you are trying to say Eve is imbalanced.

Didnt Soundwave say it first tho?

lol

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#27 - 2012-06-30 05:06:23 UTC
Maybe

They may even be smart enough about it and *not* post everywhere they can about their great rigged victory.
Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2012-06-30 06:32:03 UTC
Patient 2428190 wrote:
Maybe

They may even be smart enough about it and *not* post everywhere they can about their great rigged victory.

I see what you did there.

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-06-30 06:57:23 UTC
I actually burned a PLEX last year to watch the tournament in HD. It being staged was a complete turn off for me. Not only will I pass on the PLEX for HD, I will not even bother tuning into what will most likely be another waste of time.
Komen
Capital Enrichment Services
#30 - 2012-06-30 07:04:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Komen
I'll be watching because my work shift starts at the same time the tourney does, and so long as I have no calls to answer, I can do what I like.

Also, unlike pro wrestling, I don't have to watch oiled muscle men in spandex grappling each other. I guess some might consider that a negative, though. To each their own.

Edit. Also that article on Kayfabe was horrific and fascinating reading. The metagame surrounding pro-wrestling all of a sudden seems quite fascinating. (still not watching oily men in leotards groping each other, though. Nope.)
Java'0
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-06-30 09:56:22 UTC
http://www.evenews24.com/2012/06/29/leak-test-alliance-sota-state-of-the-alliance-recording/ fast forward that to 31mins 15secs and test alliance admit it, although the whole recording is full of lies and decit to its members anyway

PL cheated in 3 alliance tourny's and still allowed in and none of the isk or ships taken off them

yes of course it will be rigged and fixed by PL/TESTGOONS
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#32 - 2012-06-30 10:45:43 UTC
I fully intend to swap somebody a "state issue raven" for their prize.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#33 - 2012-06-30 10:49:25 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
I actually burned a PLEX last year to watch the tournament in HD. It being staged was a complete turn off for me. Not only will I pass on the PLEX for HD, I will not even bother tuning into what will most likely be another waste of time.
Good news: there is no PLEX for HD.
IHaveCandyGetInTheVan69
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#34 - 2012-06-30 11:20:44 UTC
Its already rigged. Neither of last year's winners ever stood a chance of winning this time.

I love that most of the people complaining wouldn't have minded about last year's final as long as they made the fight look like a 'real' fight, shows how little most people know about the AT. As long as people give them a nice display of some spaceships blowing up they don't care what the underlying subtleties are.
McFukinPate
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-06-30 11:21:43 UTC
send me your isk I will return double the amount sent AND make sure the tournament outcome is not pre-determined. Any amount sent over 999 mil will also put you on a special do not kill in hisec list!
stoicfaux
#36 - 2012-06-30 12:04:35 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Is the pope jewish?

Jesus is Jewish. So the Pope is indirectly Jewish?

Also, the more relevant question is: how many alts does the Pope have? He's not called Teh Space Pope for nothing...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#37 - 2012-07-01 01:12:44 UTC
Alliance tournament =/= pro wrestling.

Because AT actually takes itself seriously, a good pro wrestling promotion doesn't.

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#38 - 2012-07-06 03:47:26 UTC
Komen wrote:

Edit. Also that article on Kayfabe was horrific and fascinating reading. The metagame surrounding pro-wrestling all of a sudden seems quite fascinating. (still not watching oily men in leotards groping each other, though. Nope.)

I like this one better
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-pro-wrestlers-are-best-actors-in-world/

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Komen
Capital Enrichment Services
#39 - 2012-07-09 15:44:35 UTC
Komen wrote:

I like this one better
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-pro-wrestlers-are-best-actors-in-world/

Good ol' Cracked.
Zyress
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#40 - 2012-07-09 17:25:42 UTC
Define fair and while you are at it define unfair. I've never paid much attention to these tournaments but I always assumed even numbers per side and the ability to bring whatever fleet you want to buy and fit. What could be unfair about that?
Previous page123Next page