These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Is CCP Prepared?

First post
Author
BrianOfNazerath
A Business Corporation
#1 - 2012-06-29 19:14:49 UTC
I am wondering, with the 40 alliances and 50,000 characters that are now poring into delve and the huge fights that should ensue.

Is CCP prepared for the stress it will have on their systems?

Will Time Dilation be up to the task?

I guess we will have to wait and see
Ohh Yeah
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#2 - 2012-06-29 19:15:46 UTC
When Nulli doesn't undock, combat serverload isn't really an issue.
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-06-29 19:16:00 UTC
I tried telling CCP Veritas so hopefully he looked at the systems in Delve with lots of stress put on their CPU and reinforced them but vOv maybe he didn't.

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2012-06-29 19:29:53 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
I tried telling CCP Veritas so hopefully he looked at the systems in Delve with lots of stress put on their CPU and reinforced them but vOv maybe he didn't.

Did you fill out the form?
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#5 - 2012-06-29 19:36:52 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
Fix Lag wrote:

Did you fill out the form?

well there's a catch...
catch 22
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#6 - 2012-06-29 19:46:03 UTC
BrianOfNazerath wrote:
I am wondering, with the northern and southern blue list alliances and the 3000 characters along with another 2000 alts that are now poring into delve and the huge fights that won't really ensue.

Is CCP prepared for the stress it will have on their systems?

Will Time Dilation be up to the task?

I guess we will have to wait and see

Fixed that for you

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-06-29 20:23:15 UTC
CCP Veritas will not fix it, how do you want the men to loot/salvage if you guys don't get DC?

He's a business man !

brb

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-06-29 20:26:00 UTC
At one time you could tell CCP what was going to happen so they could set a up reinforced node.

Not sure if you can do that anymore/

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#9 - 2012-06-29 21:26:37 UTC
CCP? Prepared? NEVAH!!Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#10 - 2012-06-29 21:32:05 UTC
Sounds like the perfect oportunity to try out a fleet equiped with the new "Targeting Breaker" thingamagig module... or as I like to call it the "Nya Nya" module.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-06-29 21:40:11 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Sounds like the perfect oportunity to try out a fleet equiped with the new "Targeting Breaker" thingamagig module... or as I like to call it the "Nya Nya" module.

Hi. I'm your friendly neighborhood logistics pilot. Thanks for broadcasting you need shields. Unfortunately because you're a moron you fitted that Target Breaker device to your ship and now I can't help you.

Thanks for coming on the fleet tonight and don't even bother asking for reimbursement.
Arca Shimaya
CONCORD Research
#12 - 2012-06-29 21:44:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Arca Shimaya
If only this exact thread already existed.
Oh look!

Obvious existing thread link
Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-06-29 22:00:37 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:

I don't think that module can help you against eight hundred 1400mm shells hitting your ship simultaneously. Especially in a high lag, Tidi'd situation.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#14 - 2012-06-29 22:07:44 UTC
BrianOfNazerath wrote:
I am wondering, with the 40 alliances and 50,000 characters that are now poring into delve and the huge fights that should ensue. Is CCP prepared for the stress it will have on their systems? Will Time Dilation be up to the task?
Yes.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Rats
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-06-29 22:09:43 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
BrianOfNazerath wrote:
I am wondering, with the 40 alliances and 50,000 characters that are now poring into delve and the huge fights that should ensue. Is CCP prepared for the stress it will have on their systems? Will Time Dilation be up to the task?
Yes.

There goes a man of many words P

Tal

I Fought the Law, and the Law Won... Talon Silverhawk

Rer Eirikr
The Scope
#16 - 2012-06-29 22:12:00 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Yes.

Bold Words. Cool
Speaker4 theDead
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#17 - 2012-06-29 22:14:36 UTC
Rats wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
BrianOfNazerath wrote:
Yes.

There goes a man of many words P

Tal

Of course he would say that....

But at 100% Tidi each battle may take days to complete....Cool

Tarsus Zateki
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2012-06-29 22:15:02 UTC
Tidi really does work. Its really annoying sometimes but it works perfectly. I'm glad we'll be able to show Delve's current squatters just what having multiple 10% systems across a region can be like.

You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.

Speaker4 theDead
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2012-06-29 23:14:05 UTC
Tarsus Zateki wrote:
Tidi really does work. Its really annoying sometimes but it works perfectly. I'm glad we'll be able to show Delve's current squatters just what having multiple 10% systems across a region can be like.

Then why are you kids and your multitude of alts whining about it so much?

Spurty
#20 - 2012-06-29 23:22:27 UTC
So much hype

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

123Next pageLast page