These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mayor slowdown with multiple clients. [Fix'd on SiSi]

First post
Author
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#141 - 2012-06-29 15:16:44 UTC
CCP Solomon wrote:
We have deployed one fix to TQ today to address the ongoing rendering performance issues players are experiencing. Based on our testing on Singularity, many players have experienced improvements but this is not a conclusive fix and we are continuing to investigate.

If you are still having performance problems after today's patch, please tell us about it here. Alternatively you can submit a bug report through the in-game bug reporting tool (F12), this will capture useful diagnostic information about your system.

Tested both Sisi and TQ: Inferno 1.1.5 by sitting outside Jita 4-4 and looking at a "Jita cam" type view. Sisi: 20 fps, TQ: 30 fps (45 with interval immediate). And on TQ there are ships flying about. So TQ with 1.1.5 is much better than Sisi. That same test gave me 13 fps with Inferno 1.1.3.

Sitting at a POS is also greatly improved, 20 fps vs some painfully low value I did not record with 1.1.3.

Graphics settings: Performance + shader and texture to medium.

OSX10.7.4

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Dominik Miethling
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#142 - 2012-06-29 15:53:09 UTC
The problem with the FPS-drop to 5-10 seems to be gone. However the overall performance is still not even close to what it was before. Funnily i have the feeling, it was even better before, as long as you don't have the FPS-drop.
I made a bug-report and hopefully this will get fixed.
CCP Solomon
C C P
C C P Alliance
#143 - 2012-06-29 16:33:22 UTC
Based on the feedback in this thread, we've discovered another issue where non-cached icon rendering is causing FPS drops on device reset (docking/undocking, jumping, alt-tabbing, resizing and toggling windowed/full screen).

We are working on a fix.

CCP Solomon | Technical Producer | EVE Online @RoryAbbott

GreenSeed
#144 - 2012-06-29 16:56:26 UTC
looking forward to testing it on sisi
m4ster112
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#145 - 2012-06-29 17:40:13 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:

more wanting it to get to tranquility asap :P
Cartaphilius
Brotherhood of Sleep
#146 - 2012-06-29 19:07:42 UTC
m4ster112 wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:

more wanting it to get to tranquility asap :P

Agreed. Your focus, CCP, should be to get this fix on TQ ASA*******P
Dray Cil
Sapphire Dragon Industries
#147 - 2012-06-29 21:25:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Dray Cil
Yeah, I've reached my tolerance limit. Not playing with more than 1 client until this gets fixed. I am continually dropping to ~5 FPS now, especially when travelling/jumping. Slows my ENTIRE computer down too, not just the frame rate in-game.

I've even had the clients go non-responsive for about a minute at a time. "Not Responding" Never happened until 1.1 patch.

Dray

o.O

GreenSeed
#148 - 2012-06-29 21:29:04 UTC
I’m hoping next patch fixes it; otherwise the tears from the alliance tournament people will be unbearable.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#149 - 2012-06-29 21:57:57 UTC
I'm also having a lot of problems with the grid sometimes failing to load after jumping through a stargate with lots of others (50+ ships). I have to relog to fix this problem.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

nardaq
Orion Expeditions
#150 - 2012-06-29 22:25:51 UTC
I'm getting 30fps(single client) when I'm in grid with a tower and a ton of mods, when i warp out its back to normal (bug ID 139931)
Also i not getting a steady FPS when I'm in warp. Its fluctuating around 50-60 fps.

Lenier Chenal
Offensive Upholder
#151 - 2012-06-30 00:46:03 UTC
Still can't dual box without massive issues. I used to quad box ( dual PvP, dual indy at the same time) before this.
Jack Malus
Priest Kings
#152 - 2012-06-30 03:52:01 UTC
Today's patch made things more playable but it still drops to 3-5 FPS after awhile and stays there. Latest slowdown happened after I opened the map.
Hatincat
Perkone
Caldari State
#153 - 2012-06-30 04:23:31 UTC
Day 4 of ~5 FPS. Absolutely awful. Slows my whole PC down too. Disappointed that something as serious as this wasn't picked up in testing and is taking so long to isolate. very depressing.

Submitted a bug report, but still haven't seen anything related to compensation for effectively being unable to play.
Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
The Legends In The Game
#154 - 2012-06-30 11:05:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Droidyk
Yeh I am starting to think it has really something to do with the new UI.. otherwise UI looks fine and works good besides that one big problem. Not want to mention the anti-aliasing problem but it is still there .. it is still turning on when jumping or when leaving stations.
l0rd carlos
the king asked me to guard the mountain
#155 - 2012-06-30 11:44:41 UTC
Just tested again in TQ:
1 Client Docket in Jita
1 Client flying in space.

Both startet frm the same installation dir.
Both have over 60 FPS.

jita char undocket, everthing is peachy.
Jita char docket, BOOOOOM. 5 fps, even non eve stuff like winamp does not work smooth anymore.
The 5 fps stays until i close the jita char.

Youtube Channel about Micro and Small scale PvP with commentary: Fleet Commentary by l0rd carlos

Marl Ginnishi
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#156 - 2012-06-30 11:56:34 UTC
Same here. The AA problem is still there and keeping me from flying safely. Sad

What I find strange is that the graphics look like AA set to high but the nvidia-settings program claims that AA is off. And forcing overrides in the nvidia-settings changes nothing. (Of course this might be just me running eve with wine under linux)
Amarr Mistress
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#157 - 2012-06-30 13:10:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarr Mistress
l0rd carlos wrote:
Just tested again in TQ:
1 Client Docket in Jita
1 Client flying in space.

Both startet frm the same installation dir.
Both have over 60 FPS.

jita char undocket, everthing is peachy.
Jita char docket, BOOOOOM. 5 fps, even non eve stuff like winamp does not work smooth anymore.
The 5 fps stays until i close the jita char.

Interesting, to you happen to also run the client in Fixed Window mode?

OMG. It just hit me!

Can it be that these session changes force the use of the primary display adapter?

Because on some systems and with multiple clients that would be total FPS destroying while on other it wouldn't make a difference at all! If the issue exist(ed) with AA, why not with this particular setting as well?

My own setup is 2 x ATI Radeon HD 6970 (2GB VRAM each), with each card running two clients, running with three monitors. One card handles two monitors and the other one. The monitors are big and I got to push a lot of pixels, even when calculated per card!

Now I remember from when I first tried to make this work, it was important that I select the right graphics card in each client in order to not have to send all screen output over PCI-Express (and main memory?) to the other card in order for it to be displayable.

Before Full screen window mode, even dragging part of one clients output off the screen to be displayed on another would drastically drop frame rates. I wouldn't be surprised at all many of the issues originating in this corner.

Another thing is the unsound resource use when dragging things around, maybe that forces countless redraws or some computation tat chokes stuff, with as a result dropping FPS. Have a look at that too, but I begin to feel thats a separate issue altogether.

Please inform us when you checked this avenue CCP! It is just one more concrete thing to test!
m4ster112
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#158 - 2012-06-30 16:19:53 UTC
Any Update on the situation ccp?
Nova Soldier
State War Academy
Caldari State
#159 - 2012-06-30 18:07:07 UTC
Same thing happens to me either i dock/undock or just jump by a gate i get a drop in fps from 60 fps to 6-7 fps.
Pollychrest
Phantom Space
Space Madness.
#160 - 2012-06-30 19:14:00 UTC
Whatever worked for me a few days ago is gone after the second most recent patch. I'm back down to 10FPS until i remove the UI and i bump up to 30. Subscription runs out in 9 days, hope it's fixed by then Sad