These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mayor slowdown with multiple clients. [Fix'd on SiSi]

First post
Author
H3ndrix
Commonwealth Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#121 - 2012-06-29 02:41:41 UTC
also looks like a nasty memory leak, was monitoring task manager processes with one client logged in started at around 650kk and crept up to over 1gb memory used and still rising even when idle docked in station Ugh
Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
The Legends In The Game
#122 - 2012-06-29 03:34:37 UTC
It is fixed for me aswell. Thanks.
Ninjas InTheNight
Doomheim
#123 - 2012-06-29 11:24:10 UTC
Big improvement for me with inferno 1.15, won't say as far as it's completely fixed but it's miles better than it was, very playable.
Tarselis
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#124 - 2012-06-29 11:42:56 UTC
Confirm framerate going back to normal values, thank you!
Ninjas InTheNight
Doomheim
#125 - 2012-06-29 11:53:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Ninjas InTheNight
Fixed for me though it's odd that my 670 GTX gives less fps than 460 GTX.
CCP Zulu
C C P
C C P Alliance
#126 - 2012-06-29 11:53:52 UTC
Great to hear the issue is fixed for at least some people. We suspect there are still cases of slowdown out there in the wild so we'd appreciate continued reporting of those happening to help us track down the issue.
CCP Solomon
C C P
C C P Alliance
#127 - 2012-06-29 11:54:44 UTC
We have deployed one fix to TQ today to address the ongoing rendering performance issues players are experiencing. Based on our testing on Singularity, many players have experienced improvements but this is not a conclusive fix and we are continuing to investigate.

If you are still having performance problems after today's patch, please tell us about it here. Alternatively you can submit a bug report through the in-game bug reporting tool (F12), this will capture useful diagnostic information about your system.

CCP Solomon | Technical Producer | EVE Online @RoryAbbott

Rethyl
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#128 - 2012-06-29 11:55:27 UTC
Still completely unplayable for me. I get 60 FPS just fine as long as I stay in space in one system. I can shoot at people or rats and everything is peachy.

However, any of the following will drop me to about 2 or 3 FPS, roughly 50% of the time: jumping through to another system, or docking, or undocking, or opening the star map, or opening the market window.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#129 - 2012-06-29 11:57:58 UTC
Rethyl wrote:
Still completely unplayable for me. I get 60 FPS just fine as long as I stay in space in one system. I can shoot at people or rats and everything is peachy.

However, any of the following will drop me to about 2 or 3 FPS, roughly 50% of the time: jumping through to another system, or docking, or undocking, or opening the star map, or opening the market window.

Bug Report Number?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Rethyl
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#130 - 2012-06-29 12:28:48 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Bug Report Number?

Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
The Legends In The Game
#131 - 2012-06-29 12:29:56 UTC
Thats right its getting really playable, but there might be still something that is slowing down on framerate. Maybe still something with the new UI , especially the Unified Inventory. But we are getting really close to the original playability.
Amarr Mistress
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#132 - 2012-06-29 12:30:26 UTC
For the most part frame rates are back where they belong, but I still get total collapse of frames for a short time when dragging ore form cargo to jetcan for example:

See: http://clip2net.com/s/24Mjw

Also when new ore appears in the cargohold the frame rate drop to 1/3s for a second. Meaning Instancing one single icon seems to consume a LOT of resources.
Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
The Legends In The Game
#133 - 2012-06-29 12:42:39 UTC
Ah I found out that the problem with the automaticlly turning on anti-aliasing is still there on Tranquility.. yeh that should be really repaired. I see really the shapes of the objects as it is turned on medium if not high. But there is still major slowdown when working with the Unified Invetory.. Turning the UI off is also making the framerates go faster.
Amarr Mistress
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#134 - 2012-06-29 12:55:47 UTC
Here a more detailed picture: http://clip2net.com/s/24MuA

The first 4 dips are form me just left clicking an item in a floating jet can. It is important to notice that only on the mouse release does a the dip occur!

The next deeper dips are from me dragging the item across the same jet-can and releasing it where i picked it up.

And the double dip (even deeper) is form me dragging while there was also ore popping up in my cargo hold due to a harvester cycle ending.
Amarr Mistress
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#135 - 2012-06-29 13:10:46 UTC
One more observation:

The most horrific slowdown occurs when you drag an item (a stack of ore in my case) continually over multiple stocks of other items (what naturally occurs when dragging something)

See: http://clip2net.com/s/24MLH

Here I picked up the lower veldspar stack and dragged it over the top row of ore stacks several times!
Graifazig
Extraordinary Douchebags
#136 - 2012-06-29 13:14:55 UTC
Interface related performance issues seem to have been resolved for me on the current TQ build. But anti aliasing still sets itself to high on session changes from time to time.
It's not much of a performance issue for me most of the time, but I'd like to keep the control over my client.
Dray Cil
Sapphire Dragon Industries
#137 - 2012-06-29 13:58:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Dray Cil
Well, I thought 1.15 fixed things for me, but after mining for an hour and making a jump...BAM, both clients dropped to 5 FPS and stays there. (From average 60 FPS). However, If I sit in station for 10 minutes or so, the lag finally stops or fixes itself. Very odd.

Dray

PS. What system does Mayor slowdown govern? Big smileBlink

o.O

malalepa
TheDarkLegion Inc
#138 - 2012-06-29 14:02:13 UTC
I did bug report it!. Patch fixed UI rendering problems for me, but this AA randomly turning ON and OFF is doing same thing to fps as did UI rendering, dropping it to bare playable levels. It seems that AA can not be turned off, only way is to re log clients.

Hope it helps a bit.
m4ster112
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#139 - 2012-06-29 14:04:02 UTC
downloaded new patch after Dt and still the same situation, fps is high then a session change drops it to 12-15 fps.
Droidyk
Maniacal Miners INC
The Legends In The Game
#140 - 2012-06-29 14:44:50 UTC
Yeh it seems, most of these problems are caused when you are jumping continuously.. well even one jump is enough actually. But the anti-aliasing makes the framerates go down pretty badly for me.