These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Solution to the Gank Problem?

Author
Dede Kelmalu
Mythic Operations
#1 - 2012-06-28 19:17:15 UTC
How bout changing the mechanics to allowing players to open fire on negative status players without concord intervention. This would allow pirate hunters to in force high sec security when concord is eating doughnuts waiting for something to happen.
FireT
Venom Pointe Industries
#2 - 2012-06-28 19:37:21 UTC
Sounds good but you you might not be aware how easy it is to rat your standing back to decency. Unless you mean any negative standing starting with -0.01.
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#3 - 2012-06-28 20:35:14 UTC
You can already shoot anyone with -5.0 or lower security status. I fail to see what the issue here is.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#4 - 2012-06-29 00:41:06 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
You can already shoot anyone with -5.0 or lower security status. I fail to see what the issue here is.
This.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Norrin Ellis
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-06-29 00:52:28 UTC
Ganking will be mitigated only when enough players are willing to work together to punch the gankers in the face hard enough that it hurts their wallets and limits their ability to continue these operations.

Good luck with that.
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#6 - 2012-06-29 01:11:50 UTC
I remember seeing someone from CCP say that suicide ganking should be more difficult, some months back. Then, a few months later, they went and added the ganker's wet dream: tier 3 battlecrusiers. Who knows what they really think.

I seriously think they should just make it impossible to aggress on other players in 0.8 and above, with the probable exception of wardecs. Let the noobs, the carebears and the owners of rare ships have somewhere safe to fly. It won't hurt the rest of us any. It might actually help us in the long run.

Do not run. We are your friends.

Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#7 - 2012-06-29 01:13:10 UTC
Norrin Ellis wrote:
Ganking will be mitigated only when enough players are willing to work together to punch the gankers in the face hard enough that it hurts their wallets and limits their ability to continue these operations.

Good luck with that.

You could have said that in one word. "Never"

Of course it's much more interesting all written out like that.

Colonel Xaven
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-06-29 08:37:35 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:

This.

www.facebook.com/RazorAlliance

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#9 - 2012-06-29 10:17:37 UTC
Tyranis Marcus wrote:
I seriously think they should just make it impossible to aggress on other players in 0.8 and above, with the probable exception of wardecs. Let the noobs, the carebears and the owners of rare ships have somewhere safe to fly. It won't hurt the rest of us any. It might actually help us in the long run.

No.

If all you want to do is fly you can already do that literally everywhere. But if you start mining or missioning or hauling or even (sitting in a station with your thumb in your ass) trading you are able to affect every other player in the game who is being shot at. You can not affect other people and then not allow them to have an affect on you. Period.

To sum up: No.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Xhaiden Ora
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-06-29 10:31:55 UTC
High sec ganking is only really mitigated by the intelligence of the target.

Thus, ganking is currently operating like natural selection.
Nikk Narrel
Moonlit Bonsai
#11 - 2012-06-29 14:05:19 UTC
Dede Kelmalu wrote:
How bout changing the mechanics to allowing players to open fire on negative status players without concord intervention. This would allow pirate hunters to in force high sec security when concord is eating doughnuts waiting for something to happen.

You inspired me with an idea.

I won't jack your thread, but I am acknowledging you as inspiration.
L0rdF1end
Boondocks Industrial
Intaki-Business Logistics Union
#12 - 2012-06-29 15:21:52 UTC
Leave the game mechanics alone.
People only get ganked because they are stupid/arragant. (im not talking about miner ganks with that statement although mining in hulkageddon and then moaning about being ganked)...shut up and learn how to play eve.

If you do not want to be ganked do not carry valuables in a flimsy ass ship.

End of.
Quin Yi
Minds of Murderers
OnlyHoles
#13 - 2012-06-29 15:51:10 UTC
This is a terrible idea, it would allow ALOT more ganking seeing as there are people who dip into lowsec pvp as a pastime and result with slightly negative sec status. These pilots then go back to industrial stuff or whatever and find that people can kill their haulers, but without concord intervention just because they wanted to introduce their newest recruit to lowsec pvp.
And after you established this and kicked a good half of all the pilots out of highsec, you'd still get ganked by some goon with 5.0 sec status.

That is all
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#14 - 2012-06-29 19:34:55 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Tyranis Marcus wrote:

No.

If all you want to do is fly you can already do that literally everywhere. But if you start mining or missioning or hauling or even (sitting in a station with your thumb in your ass) trading you are able to affect every other player in the game who is being shot at. You can not affect other people and then not allow them to have an affect on you. Period.

To sum up: No.

You do realize you contradicted yourself. If I can sit in highsec and have an effect on other players by mining or missioning or hauling or trading, then they can do the same to me.

Mors Sanctitatis
Death of Virtue
#15 - 2012-06-30 03:23:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Rontea
ShahFluffers wrote:

Removed too harsh statements ISD Rontea