These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Active Ship now Green... pretteah!

First post
Author
Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#1 - 2012-06-28 15:53:24 UTC
Active Ship now green in ship hangar... is this new? Or is it old and I just noticed now?

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-06-28 15:58:33 UTC
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#3 - 2012-06-28 15:59:01 UTC
New. See Patchnotes for Inferno 1.1
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#4 - 2012-06-28 16:00:06 UTC
Yes, this was added in the most recent patch to make it easier to pick your ship out of the line up of other ships you've got. Very handy if your ship tab scrolls to accommodate all the ships in your hangar.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Drunk Driver
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-06-28 16:05:02 UTC

I like this feature.

Big smile

Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#6 - 2012-06-28 16:11:26 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
Yes, this was added in the most recent patch to make it easier to pick your ship out of the line up of other ships you've got. Very handy if your ship tab scrolls to accommodate all the ships in your hangar.

It is a good idea, but the color sense is wrong, it is litterally the brightest color on the screen most of the time.

The green needs to be knocked back.

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Phugoid
Absolute Order XL
Absolute Honor
#7 - 2012-06-28 16:15:18 UTC
Good thing it's not red! Roll

Flugzeugführer

Shameless Avenger
Can Preachers of Kador
#8 - 2012-06-28 16:45:48 UTC
Or it could be a rainbow.... rainbow background.... with ponies!

"This is the Ninja. He will scan you down; he will salvage your wrecks and there shall be no aggro"

Pipa Porto
#9 - 2012-06-28 16:55:48 UTC

Interestingly, if you dock with a Pod, it shows up as a newbie ship with the green background while the real free newbie ship sits right next to it with the standard grey background.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#10 - 2012-06-28 17:05:45 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:

Interestingly, if you dock with a Pod, it shows up as a newbie ship with the green background while the real free newbie ship sits right next to it with the standard grey background.

I don't know about anyone elses window but my active ship is always at the top of the list. I don't need it to be green if it's already at the top. What?

Maybe color code different classes of ship, i.e. frig, cruisers, BS, indy etc.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Dark Assassin15
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-06-28 19:34:03 UTC
Shameless Avenger wrote:

+1, i want ponies.

[img]http://www.invokemethod.com/repo/failedsig.png[/img]

Regnag Leppod
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-06-28 19:53:29 UTC
The green clearly shows CCP's preferential treatment of the Gallente.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#13 - 2012-06-28 20:14:36 UTC
This is good. Also good that the active ship is still in hangar and not removed like before.

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#14 - 2012-06-28 20:31:03 UTC
This is one of those nice touches they added this week. Probably even less noticed but also nice is the 1024 x 1024 portraits. It also now creates a new file for each image saved instead of rewriting over the old one. This is nice for those of us who have a personal gallery of pictures of other pilots. This week's patch was pretty solid with the main complaints I've seen revolving around the recycling of items in the NEX shop which is being addressed. I am happy to wait an extra week if it means a smoother update.
Pipa Porto
#15 - 2012-06-28 20:44:41 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

I don't know about anyone elses window but my active ship is always at the top of the list. I don't need it to be green if it's already at the top. What?

What I mean is that the top left green backgrounded "active ship" icon is a Velator, while the thing spinning is a pod and next to the green velator is the actual velator Pend gave me, and if I undock, I undock in a pod.

-RubyPorto

oldbutfeelingyoung
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-06-28 20:49:32 UTC
Shameless Avenger wrote:

i don,t know what you are using,just give it to me ,i want to see ponies also

R.S.I2014

PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#17 - 2012-06-28 22:03:14 UTC
Wish I could change the color :(
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#18 - 2012-06-28 22:12:23 UTC
Pipa Porto wrote:

What I mean is that the top left green backgrounded "active ship" icon is a Velator, while the thing spinning is a pod and next to the green velator is the actual velator Pend gave me, and if I undock, I undock in a pod.[/quote]

I'm sorry Ruby I don't follow.

What I am saying is that if I am in my Drake, the Drake is at the top of the tree and it is green. If I jump into my Hawk, it goes to the top of the tree and turns green. If it is already at the top of my tree why does it matter that it's green to indicate it's my active ship?

Maybe I need to have another look at it and see what the hell is going on.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Pipa Porto
#19 - 2012-06-28 22:26:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

What I mean is that the top left green backgrounded "active ship" icon is a Velator, while the thing spinning is a pod and next to the green velator is the actual velator Pend gave me, and if I undock, I undock in a pod.

I'm sorry Ruby I don't follow.

What I am saying is that if I am in my Drake, the Drake is at the top of the tree and it is green. If I jump into my Hawk, it goes to the top of the tree and turns green. If it is already at the top of my tree why does it matter that it's green to indicate it's my active ship?

Maybe I need to have another look at it and see what the hell is going on.

I think we're talking at cross purposes.

I'm not talking about the usefulness of the background, just something weird I noticed when doing some ganking where docking in a station in a Pod will have your ship window showing 2 Velators next to each other instead of 1 Velator and 1 Pod.

(I'll bug report it next time I'm in game on that toon).

EDIT: BBCode quotes are a pain if they get garbled, and so easy to get garbled.

-RubyPorto

Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#20 - 2012-06-28 23:21:48 UTC

Brilliant, why wasn't this thought of 9 years ago. I wonder how many ship losses I can petition because there was not a green border around my current ship, and I undocked with the wrong ship. Blink

John Hancock

12Next page