These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A good and profitable cause

Author
Madush Jibro
Vherokior Royal Court
#1 - 2012-06-27 20:25:10 UTC
Hello Miss/Mister I am Madush Jibro Minmatar prince of the Vherokior royal court, I am on a tour in the caldari state trying to raise awareness of the plight of the minmatar space when my space Yacht was seized by corrupt Caldari officals in league with the tyranical amarr state!

It is currently in impound of the Lai Dai ship yarD in Nonni. I have found a guard there who is sympathetic to my plight but his greed is greater than his love for the minmatar free state!

I need 500 million isk to pay bribes to get my space Yatch out oF impound once back in Minmatar Space I wiLL be able too access my accounts and repay your kindness five fold, all I need is 500 Million ISKs to get my Ship.

Please Wire this isk to my loyal man servant Hadrian Attor who will ensure that these funds reach me and not corrupt Caldari officals!
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#2 - 2012-06-27 21:01:40 UTC
I didn't know the vherokior had a royal family..

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Madush Jibro
Vherokior Royal Court
#3 - 2012-06-27 21:58:43 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
I didn't know the vherokior had a royal family..

It is a very old and well respect roryal court, that can trace it's roots back to when the eve gate collapsed.
Malcolm Khross
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-06-27 23:20:49 UTC
Pah!

If you're going to attempt a scam, at least try to make it believable.

~Malcolm Khross

Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#5 - 2012-06-27 23:38:23 UTC
Malcolm Khross wrote:
Pah!

Send me 50 million Isk and I'll double it in an hour.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Raziphan Rebular
Path of Dooppa
#6 - 2012-06-28 15:17:29 UTC
Seems pretty legit I recall reading about this royal court in the wiki on the minmatar state.
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#7 - 2012-06-28 15:18:44 UTC
I, too, believe this person.

I am just not giving them any ISK because I see no reason to help the Vherokior Royal Family get a ship out of impound.
Silas Vitalia
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-06-28 16:00:22 UTC
Seems legit.

Sabik now, Sabik forever

N'maro Makari
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#9 - 2012-06-28 16:59:09 UTC
Madush Jibro wrote:
Hello Miss/Mister I am Madush Jibro Minmatar prince of the Vherokior royal court, I am on a tour in the caldari state trying to raise awareness of the plight of the minmatar space when my space Yacht was seized by corrupt Caldari officals in league with the tyranical amarr state!

It is currently in impound of the Lai Dai ship yarD in Nonni. I have found a guard there who is sympathetic to my plight but his greed is greater than his love for the minmatar free state!

I need 500 million isk to pay bribes to get my space Yatch out oF impound once back in Minmatar Space I wiLL be able too access my accounts and repay your kindness five fold, all I need is 500 Million ISKs to get my Ship.

Please Wire this isk to my loyal man servant Hadrian Attor who will ensure that these funds reach me and not corrupt Caldari officals!

I'm tempted to give you money for making such a monumental ass out of yourself. But then the sheer idiocy of this keeps that in check.

**Vherokior **

Ava Starfire
Khushakor Clan
#10 - 2012-06-28 17:10:08 UTC
I require a gesture of goodwill, to prove you are indeed royalty.

A descendant from the Vherokior Royal Family should be able to send me a paltry 100m to prove that they are, in fact, royalty.

I will return this amount plus the isk required to pay the impound fees.

Ava

"There is no strength in numbers; have no such misconception." -Jayka Vofur, "Warfare in the North"

Benjamin Eastwood
#11 - 2012-07-07 05:15:48 UTC
As you have not responded to my communications thus far, I must make contact with you here. As the deadline fast approaches you still have yet to make an appointment with my department to work out the permit required for your tour of Caldari space.

We are willing to forgive your failure to file the proper Regal Registry and Declaration paperwork. But we cannot abide by the way you flaunted our previous request to pay 100 Million ISK in full when you first entered Caldari State space as a means to settle the matter "up front".

However, as the head of my department, I have some leeway in settling the matter, and can offer the return of your ship for 150 Million ISK and the name of the guard at the Lai Dai Facility who offered your ship back for the 500 million ISK. Please remit all payments directly to myself so that I can process them as quickly as possible.

With haste, please acknowledge the reciept of these communications.

Sincerly,

Benjamin C. Eastwood
Office of Intergalactic Permits, Caldari Provisions Division

"Endless ISK, the sinews of war"

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#12 - 2012-07-07 06:08:59 UTC
I'm curious to learn exactly what kind of vessel it is that would justify such an amount ... and what possessed you to fly it into State territory during a period of war. I mean really ... what did you expect? A free hamper?

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Diablo Ex
Nocturne Holdings
#13 - 2012-07-07 12:09:23 UTC
I have it on good authority from my patron in the Emperor's Family that his vessel was simply mistaken for wreckage, and was deemed a navigation hazard. It has since been salvaged and reprocessed, and the crew have been re patronized to suitable holders.

Diablo Ex Machina - "I'm not here to fix your problem"

The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-07-07 12:33:52 UTC
Diablo Ex wrote:
I have it on good authority from my patron in the Emperor's Family that his vessel was simply mistaken for wreckage, and was deemed a navigation hazard. It has since been salvaged and reprocessed, and the crew have been re patronized to suitable holders.

Hahahahaha

A fitting end for the prince of wreckage.
Tessa Scyne
Shadowknight Securities
#15 - 2012-07-07 14:19:36 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
Malcolm Khross wrote:
Pah!

Send me 50 million Isk and I'll double it in an hour.

Contract that, fair lady, and you've a deal.

CEO, **SHADOWKNIGHT**securites ||  "Your Light in the Darkness."

William Nimitz
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-07-12 02:09:38 UTC
Madush Jibro wrote:
I am on a tour in the caldari state trying to raise awareness of the plight of the minmatar space when my space Yacht was seized by corrupt Caldari officals in league with the tyranical amarr state! blah blah blah... I need 500 million isk to pay bribes to get my space Yatch out oF impound once back in Minmatar Space I wiLL be able too access my accounts and repay your kindness five fold, all I need is 500 Million ISKs to get my Ship.

Unfortunately this scam is quite common, except usually it's someone who claims to represent the Khanid kingdom who's on a "diplomatic" mission and either the Sukuuvestaa or Kaalakiota corporations specificly that impound the ship, which in itself should raise a red flag considering that the seizure of foreign vessels falls under the jurisdiction of the Caldari Navy. I suspect, as standard protocol, Mr. Jibro has already been logged in the Caldari Navy's criminal database and said information will be passed on to the various corporate police divisions.

I've always found it a bit disheartening that such sophomoric con attempts are so common within the State, but I suppose such is to be expected in a place with socioeconomic conditions such as those found in and around the Forge region. Roll

It is a symptom of madness that thoughts become uncontrollably disjointed. This can be encouraged.