These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

My personal survey of CCP and EVE.

First post
Author
Musashi IV
Off-World Mining
#1 - 2012-06-28 10:38:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Musashi IV
1. Do you really think CCP cares about its customers other than thier monthly payment?

2. Carebears did you feel like CCP kicked you in the balls by allowing a corporation and its pirate thugs to circumvent high-sec game mechanics?

3. Did your computer hamster die while waiting for CCP to answer a petition?

4. How many generations of your hamsters died while waiting for CCP to fix bugs that are over 5 years old?

5. Do you really think CCP is going to upgrade or fix anything that does not make it more money?

6. How many of you really give a rats ass about DUST?

7. How many of you noticed the decline of players a month after thier 1/2 price activation for new players?

8. How many of you love being the guiney pigs for all of EVE so called upgrades?

Feel free to add questions that I may have missed.
VanDam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-06-28 10:39:21 UTC
What's a servey?
TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#3 - 2012-06-28 10:39:48 UTC
VanDam wrote:
What's a servey?

It's like a serve, but only serve-y.

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Musashi IV
Off-World Mining
#4 - 2012-06-28 10:42:34 UTC
VanDam wrote:
What's a servey?

My bad. 1 to many drinks!!!
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#5 - 2012-06-28 10:44:22 UTC
NOOO SO MUCH SAMPLE BIAS OH GOD THIS IS EVERYTHING MY STATISTICS PROFESSOR WARNED ME ABOUT

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#6 - 2012-06-28 10:56:10 UTC
1. Do you really think CCP cares about its customers other than thier monthly payment?

Yes, they love EVE.

2. Carebears did you feel like CCP kicked you in the balls by allowing a corporation and its pirate thugs to circumvent high-sec game mechanics?

Carebears don't have balls.

No, all my petitions have been handled promptly and professionally.

4. How many generations of your hamsters died while waiting for CCP to fix bugs that are over 5 years old?

I feed my hamsters so I can keep playing without interruptions.

5. Do you really think CCP is going to upgrade or fix anything that does not make it more money?

It's a company, why would they? In the end, all upgrades and fixes result in a better product, making them more money.

Many.

7. How many of you noticed the decline of players a month after thier 1/2 price activation for new players?

I don't pay attention to campaigns and their effect on players currently online, I focus on my own game.

8. How many of you love being the guiney pigs for all of EVE so called upgrades?

All software seems to be beta-tested by end users these days. As long as I don't write my own EVE, I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

****** survey, and it seems that you might have some issues with life.

Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#7 - 2012-06-28 11:00:58 UTC
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#8 - 2012-06-28 11:05:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobias Durandal

1. Aboslutely. Every interaction I've had with them has been positive and friendly. I also see them investing a lot of time into the game to keep us satistfied.

2. This is a loaded statement. First of all, they didn't circumvent mechanics. Those same mechanics have been here as long as I've been playing. What happened is individuals assumed the risk they took by attacking and did it anyways. Good on them.
If you're really that upset about it, recruit some security or pay some. It's not hard to make you an unappealing target when you've got gunboats watching your back.

3./4. I've always had them respond to me within one business day. They've always been helpful and friendly everytime. Perhaps the problem lays in your language and demands. Have you considered what you're asking of them may not be for the greater good? Such as adding restrictions that remove player choice from the game. It is also possible that they take time to get back to you because they are working out between them how best to handle a given situation. Just because they haven't instantly gotten back to you doesn't mean they don't care. It may be an indication of the opposite. They may be taking their time to give you the best solution possible.

5. I've seen a great many bugs and mechanics polished over the years. I've also seen them try out new ideas for functionality. If it doesn't work, they have shown a willingness to address and fix it. Once again, this goes back to language and expressing yourself. If you feel something could be better intergrated, perhaps give them an exact problem with it and how it is effecting functionality. For instance, the way inventories work now, the reason we're complaining about it, is that it is tedious to scroll between them in their current format. When before you could simply have two windows up. I personally feel the seperation of hangars again would be lovely.

6. I'm looking forward to it. I think it'll add a very interested mechanic to the game and can't wait to see it. I also feel the idea of it is extremely forward thinking and ambitious. Good on them.

7. There are more active players than there were in 2008. Honestly, once you've been playing for a while, do you really care that much that the activation cost less? You've already invested how much into the game financially, would it really have been that much of a dent for your cost?

8. Well, we can be like those people who see garage bands play. "Oh yeah? Well I saw that before it was cool."
Bruce Wie
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-06-28 11:15:38 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:

spot on bro

Your tinfoil hat is in the post.

Aruken Marr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-06-28 11:18:20 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:

I'm genuinely interested in which mechanics you're talking about.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#11 - 2012-06-28 11:31:23 UTC

I believe that 1) They care enough to spell THEIR correctly, and 2) enough to respond to their player base in these forums consistently.

How EXACTLY do they circumvent game mechanics? A game mechanic is a piece of code and is not right or wrong. It also can not be circumvented. Just because someone found a way to do something within the mechanics does not mean they cheated or got around the code - they just found a way to do it with the code as is. No - my balls are just fine.

1) I don't own hamsters. 2) Most petitions I submit, which is very few, are answered in no more than 24 hours.

Still hamsterless

I think they upgrade stuff to make the game more fun. CCP Soundwave has a long ass thread out there asking for player input on little things that could be done to the game. But to the point of your question, CCP is a business - It's entire existence is inherently design to make money. These people are Sci-Fi Space Game enthusiasts who are making money. Greatest job in the world. At least until some ungrateful douchebag creates a survey to invalidate their efforts.

I do not own a PS3 and will not purchase one for the sake of Dust. If they had not allowed Sony to strongarm them into this exclusivity and were able to release it on the 360 I would buy it just to check it out.

I don't give a **** about what other people are doing with their free time. If they found something else to do rather than play Eve, that's great. If they stayed here and are still playing great. It effects my game and for that matter any other activity I engage in not one iota.

Which upgrade, specifically, are you referring to?

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#12 - 2012-06-28 11:33:12 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:

I believe that 1) They care enough to spell THEIR correctly, and 2) enough to respond to their player base in these forums consistently.

How EXACTLY do they circumvent game mechanics? A game mechanic is a piece of code and is not right or wrong. It also can not be circumvented. Just because someone found a way to do something within the mechanics does not mean they cheated or got around the code - they just found a way to do it with the code as is. No - my balls are just fine.

1) I don't own hamsters. 2) Most petitions I submit, which is very few, are answered in no more than 24 hours.

Still hamsterless

I think they upgrade stuff to make the game more fun. CCP Soundwave has a long ass thread out there asking for player input on little things that could be done to the game. But to the point of your question, CCP is a business - It's entire existence is inherently design to make money. These people are Sci-Fi Space Game enthusiasts who are making money. Greatest job in the world. At least until some ungrateful douchebag creates a survey to invalidate their efforts.

I do not own a PS3 and will not purchase one for the sake of Dust. If they had not allowed Sony to strongarm them into this exclusivity and were able to release it on the 360 I would buy it just to check it out.

I don't give a **** about what other people are doing with their free time. If they found something else to do rather than play Eve, that's great. If they stayed here and are still playing great. It effects my game and for that matter any other activity I engage in not one iota.

Which upgrade, specifically, are you referring to?

I actually think part of the x-box thing is an inflexibility with their servers. That's just speculation on my part though.
Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#13 - 2012-06-28 11:34:26 UTC
Hell, to add to 2.

I have an industrial, I have for years. I still feel the same despite that. If someone found a way within the mechanics assuming the risk to themselves to take me out, I applaud them.
Alissa Solette
Emergency Exit
#14 - 2012-06-28 11:49:51 UTC
Aruken Marr wrote:
Musashi IV wrote:

It's a stealth whine about carebear noobs getting popped in their 500 EHP haulers stuffed full of their entire worldly possessions. Or carebear noobs getting popped in their afk-mining ships that they used all their ISK to buy.
Gun Gal
Dark Club
#15 - 2012-06-28 11:58:29 UTC
I don't know what's worse, a survey from a nobody, or the fact that so many people think their opinion matters enough to respond.

You either play the game, or don't.
Rengerel en Distel
#16 - 2012-06-28 11:59:05 UTC
Alissa Solette wrote:
Aruken Marr wrote:
Musashi IV wrote:

It's a stealth whine about carebear noobs getting popped in their 500 EHP haulers stuffed full of their entire worldly possessions. Or carebear noobs getting popped in their afk-mining ships that they used all their ISK to buy.

Pretty sure it's a whine about neutral orcas hauling ships for their -10 sec status pirates. But as he admits to drinking, who really knows the mind of a drunk?

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#17 - 2012-06-28 12:02:32 UTC
Gun Gal wrote:
I don't know what's worse, a survey from a nobody, or the fact that so many people think their opinion matters enough to respond.

You either play the game, or don't.

I don't play the game.
Yolanta Geezenstack
GWA Corp
#18 - 2012-06-28 12:05:52 UTC
1. Yes.
2. Not sure I am a carebear, but if so: No.
3. Only did 1 petition so far, so not a reliable basis, but regarding this 1 petition: No.
4. Only joined few weaks ago: No answer possible.
5. Yes.
6. Haven't spoken with anyone about DUST, so: No answer possible.
7. Haven't spoken with anyone about possible decline of players: No answer possible.
8. Haven't spoken with anyone about being a guiney pig: No answer possible.

Hope I was helpful to your survey.
Gerald Taric
NEO DYNAMICS
#19 - 2012-06-28 12:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Gerald Taric

Yes.

No, i still feel good playing in HighSec as proud carebear Bear

No, he's still happy.

None. My Character is just somewhat over 16 months old.

Counter-question: Do you think, CCP is a charity organisation?

I dont know how many. I personally are not interested in DUST. I have limited spare time. I can't seriously play multible MMOGs.

Again, i don't know how many. I did not.. I just see the general tendency which shows a growing amout of players over the years of exitence of EVE.

AGAIN; i don't know, how many. Stop asking this way. And im not a guinea pig.

I personaly love, that CPP is caring and patching. I played an MMORPG in the past, where you had to wait moooooooooooooooooooooooooonths for any patch!

oh, sure:

Are you able to ask neutral verbalized survey question? Roll
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#20 - 2012-06-28 12:29:33 UTC
Musashi IV wrote:
VanDam wrote:
What's a servey?
My bad. 1 to many drinks!!!
That's at least 5 too few.
123Next page