These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

About this new ancillary Shield Boosters

Author
Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-06-28 02:40:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Kilabi
For god sake, when are you going to fix this CCP?
They are clearly overpowered.
Im surprised that no one created a topic about it before...
Also, even atm the mechanic is ****** up, why would people using bigger charges while lowest do the same?
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2 - 2012-06-28 02:44:12 UTC
Kilabi wrote:

I am betting that if they did it would be in the ships and fittings topic. Roll

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Kilabi
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-06-28 02:45:42 UTC
Well they are not, just looked...
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#4 - 2012-06-28 02:50:52 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
Well they are not, just looked...

You could be a trend setter by putting this concern in the appropriate topic. Did you have any particular feedback or is it just, "Shield Booster with Cap Booster is OP - FIX IT NOW!!"

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Moonasha
Orcses and Goblinz
#5 - 2012-06-28 03:19:59 UTC
I agree they should reduce the number of charges loaded, but the mechanic itself is rather new and interesting.
VanDam
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-06-28 12:42:34 UTC
Took out a raven yesterday that had two of them fitted and he went down like a sack of...exotic dancers?

Just wait for the 60 second reload and BOOM. Why he decided to run both at the same time instead of saving the 2nd for when the first was reloading is beyond me, but in any case it's the same as cap injectors. YOU GONNA RUN OUTTA CHARGE AT SUM POINT BOYO! Keep shooting until boom?

I'd be grateful for enlightenment if I'm missing something.
Rhatar Khurin
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-06-28 12:54:16 UTC
It's rather fun flying a merlin with 3 of the beasts attached to it..
Gary Goat
XDC-UK
#8 - 2012-06-28 13:01:16 UTC
If they limited them to 1 per ship they'd be fine imo. The problem is that the reload time can be negated by fitting 2 or more.
Dave stark
#9 - 2012-06-28 13:03:46 UTC
Gary Goat wrote:
If they limited them to 1 per ship they'd be fine imo. The problem is that the reload time can be negated by fitting 2 or more.

but surely them having to take up another slot is the compensation for the "reduction" in recharge time.
Gary Goat
XDC-UK
#10 - 2012-06-28 13:28:02 UTC
Dave stark wrote:

but surely them having to take up another slot is the compensation for the "reduction" in recharge time.

Well an extra slot is a pretty small price to pay for the advantage of having a capless tank. Especially considering how many of the smaller charges you can fit in a ships hold.
forestwho
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-06-28 14:00:45 UTC
Gary Goat wrote:
Dave stark wrote:

Well an extra slot is a pretty small price to pay for the advantage of having a capless tank.

hmm no not realy
Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2012-06-28 14:17:17 UTC
Ancillary fits are ridiculously easy to kill if you go about it the right way.

protips for the pants-on-head ********
1) They have almost no buffer
2) They gonna run out of boosters eventually
3) They can solo-tank your gang, but solo tankers don't do well vs ECM.

There should be a rather awesome pic here

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-06-28 14:22:30 UTC
VanDam wrote:
Took out a raven yesterday that had two of them fitted and he went down like a sack of...exotic dancers?

Just wait for the 60 second reload and BOOM. Why he decided to run both at the same time instead of saving the 2nd for when the first was reloading is beyond me, but in any case it's the same as cap injectors. YOU GONNA RUN OUTTA CHARGE AT SUM POINT BOYO! Keep shooting until boom?

The men is pointing that this stuff works with smaller charges exactly like with bigger ones. Not the fact someone can't use his brains to use one at time.

To make it simpler for you, the amount of rep is the same either you put 200 Cap Boost charges or 800, there's no point on fitting 800's when with 200's you can make the thing run longer and rep same amount par cycle.

brb

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#14 - 2012-06-28 14:50:35 UTC
Kilabi wrote:
Also, even atm the mechanic is ****** up, why would people using bigger charges while lowest do the same?

Can you quantify how overpowered they are compared to buffer/logi tanking? I don't think that anyone could, with a straight face, deny that active tanking is horribly underpowered compared to buffered.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#15 - 2012-06-28 15:25:06 UTC
I would prefer some maths to back up your whinny OMFWTFCCP post.

Compare it to officer and deadspace SB THEN lets have a constructive discussion.

Nuff said

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#16 - 2012-06-28 15:29:06 UTC
I kind of like them. I think they are just about right, as they make active shield boosted ships usable, where before only buffer tanked was.

I can't wait for the armor version of the module.
Flakey Foont
#17 - 2012-06-28 15:32:45 UTC
Overpowered post=butthurt post
Signal11th
#18 - 2012-06-28 15:32:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
VanDam wrote:

The men is pointing that this stuff works with smaller charges exactly like with bigger ones. Not the fact someone can't use his brains to use one at time.

To make it simpler for you, the amount of rep is the same either you put 200 Cap Boost charges or 800, there's no point on fitting 800's when with 200's you can make the thing run longer and rep same amount par cycle.

So everyone now knows to fit 200's, problem fixed.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#19 - 2012-06-28 15:37:52 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
VanDam wrote:

Why is this a problem?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Pinstar Colton
Sweet Asteroid Acres
#20 - 2012-06-28 16:25:43 UTC
Presumably that the size of your charge should factor into your choice. Of course nobody is going to use 800s if 200s boost for the same amount and you can fit more of them...but if they changed it to where 400s and 800s gave 2x/4x the boost but could hold all the fewer charges, the decision of what size charge to use becomes more dynamic. Bigger bursts of shield rep in exchange for fewer cycles per reload, or more, smaller reps that can be sustained longer before needing a reload.

In the cat-and-mouse game that is low sec, there is no shame in learning to be a better mouse.

123Next pageLast page