These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Not another high sec miner thread.....Oh yes it is

Author
Dave stark
#281 - 2012-06-27 19:03:48 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:
yeah and then they do nothing about me being podded.

zero consequence for podding in what is still technically a high security zone.

Really? tell me more.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#282 - 2012-06-27 19:04:09 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:
yeah and then they do nothing about me being podded.

zero consequence for podding in what is still technically a high security zone.

It is high security, tank your hulk and concord will save you in ~7 seconds.

Play in low sec/null sec and the guy could have killed you in a noob ship and he still wouldn't have lost it.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Reech Yvormes
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#283 - 2012-06-27 19:05:42 UTC
unless they fly around in a pod.

then they can do whatever they like.

trade some stuff over from an alt? yeah, do their very best to grief the **** out of your newbies.
Dave stark
#284 - 2012-06-27 19:06:56 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:

trade some stuff over from an alt? yeah, do their very best to grief the **** out of your newbies.

you do understand this is a sandbox, so every one can do whatever they like, including you.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#285 - 2012-06-27 19:07:52 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:

Last I checked, pods can't shoot you.

Anyway, they still have issues unless they plan ahead. Which every pilot should do. Even those "safe" in HS.
Alaya Carrier
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#286 - 2012-06-27 19:08:16 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:

Could you please stop making miners look bad.

You have unsubbed, you could choose to vanish without all this teeth gnashing. You created 7 pages of your ranting, it's like a new record even for the quite bad GD.
Reech Yvormes
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#287 - 2012-06-27 19:10:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Reech Yvormes
im not a hulk miner and didnt plan on it. but while i have the attention of an actual miner id like to say thanks for making life hard on newbies who actually need to make easy isk instead of doing nothing but high sec mining. bringing unwanted attention to new players who actually need some high security.

i just happened to be mining at the time while in high sec.

yeah i should have planned on 0.5 sec being null sec.

and that a bunch of established players in the safety of their null sec corp arm chair would be pointing fingers because they nearly suffered like i did. but didnt.

cya guys.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#288 - 2012-06-27 19:19:34 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:
im not a hulk miner and didnt plan on it.

and that a bunch of established players in the safety of their null sec corp arm chair would be pointing fingers because they nearly suffered like i did. but didnt.

cya guys.

You weren't even in a hulk? OH NO THE HORROR OF LOSING A T1 SHIP.

As for your claim of us not losing anything, my last loss was last night. Cost me ~800m ISK, but hey that's low sec for you.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Dave stark
#289 - 2012-06-27 19:21:14 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:
im not a hulk miner and didnt plan on it. but while i have the attention of an actual miner id like to say thanks for making life hard on newbies who actually need to make easy isk instead of doing nothing but high sec mining. bringing unwanted attention to new players who actually need some high security.

cya guys.

oh please, we're in nullsec as you love to point out, we lose ships [worth more than your loss] regularly. that's how safe nullsec is.
Joe Hinken
Cetan Consortium
#290 - 2012-06-27 20:13:57 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:
but while i have the attention of an actual miner id like to say thanks for making life hard on newbies who actually need to make easy isk instead of doing nothing but high sec mining. bringing unwanted attention to new players who actually need some high security.

There's the door. Now get the **** out.

Brick Royl > bad timing the isk is deflating fatser then a baloon in a cactus shop

Andar Purvanen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#291 - 2012-06-27 20:26:05 UTC
Heavens to Betsy! Everyone in HiSec can be ganked provided the attacker is willing to pay the price. When the price is too steep they don't bother (unless enraged!).

Hulkageddon lowers the cost of HiSec ganking by providing isk/goods sufficient to offset the costs and/or providing an additional source of notoriety for gankers.

Being at risk is ok; being a desirable target is not. The flood of isk in this part of the galaxy has unbalanced the sandbox.

If CCP will not find a way to raise the cost of HiSec ganking, preferably to both the participants and the providers, then the galaxy will devolve into something akin to a NullSec gankfest as the non-gankers withdraw to other games.

Even PvPers don't really enjoy ganking as far as I know. They like a good fight.

Death does not deter.  I will mine until you surrender.

Pipa Porto
#292 - 2012-06-27 20:35:22 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:

cya guys.

You promised us that you were leaving. Why you goin' breakin' my heart?

You got ganked. That happens. Learn from the mistakes you made and move on.

I lost my first rack of implants about half an hour after I bought them. Saw this sweet courier contract that I could just afford the collateral on, and paid like 30m. It was only 14 jumps starting in Jita... (the vets know where this is going) ... and ending in EC-P8R.

Years later, I'm still here because that loss spurred me to learn about the game. Without loss, the game's meaningless.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Pipa Porto
#293 - 2012-06-27 20:38:32 UTC
Andar Purvanen wrote:
Heavens to Betsy! Everyone in HiSec can be ganked provided the attacker is willing to pay the price. When the price is too steep they don't bother (unless enraged!).

Hulkageddon lowers the cost of HiSec ganking by providing isk/goods sufficient to offset the costs and/or providing an additional source of notoriety for gankers.

Being at risk is ok; being a desirable target is not. The flood of isk in this part of the galaxy has unbalanced the sandbox.

If CCP will not find a way to raise the cost of HiSec ganking, preferably to both the participants and the providers, then the galaxy will devolve into something akin to a NullSec gankfest as the non-gankers withdraw to other games.

Even PvPers don't really enjoy ganking as far as I know. They like a good fight.

A properly tanked Hulk cannot be profitably suicide ganked (.5 space is breakeven, higher is a direct loss).

-RubyPorto

Nikolai Dostoyevski
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#294 - 2012-06-27 21:06:01 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
You just posted in GD that you mine afk on what appears to not be an alt.

This will not end well for you.

Mining afk does not mean what you think it means.

There is nothing improper about being mostly AFK while mining. 3 minute cycles = lotsa afk/looking at other window/playing with kids.
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#295 - 2012-06-27 21:11:04 UTC
Nikolai Dostoyevski wrote:
Eternal Error wrote:
You just posted in GD that you mine afk on what appears to not be an alt.

This will not end well for you.

Mining afk does not mean what you think it means.

There is nothing improper about being mostly AFK while mining. 3 minute cycles = lotsa afk/looking at other window/playing with kids.

That is exactly what he means. It won't end well. The guy is now a gank target.
Andar Purvanen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#296 - 2012-06-27 21:45:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Andar Purvanen
Pipa Porto wrote:
A properly tanked Hulk cannot be profitably suicide ganked (.5 space is breakeven, higher is a direct loss).

True, but its not just Hulks. Anyone who loses a Hulk to a mere ganker must be either afk or have had some sort of system problem. [edit]But is it still true if you are getting paid extra?[end edit]

Hulkageddon isn't just about ganking Hulks though. It also includes Macs, transports, etc.

Death does not deter.  I will mine until you surrender.

Pipa Porto
#297 - 2012-06-27 22:03:16 UTC
Andar Purvanen wrote:
Pipa Porto wrote:

True, but its not just Hulks. Anyone who loses a Hulk to a mere ganker must be either afk or have had some sort of system problem. [edit]But is it still true if you are getting paid extra?[end edit]

Hulkageddon isn't just about ganking Hulks though. It also includes Macs, transports, etc.

You were complaining about being a desirable target. Flying your ship in a way that makes it a desirable target is your choice because you can fly your ship in a way that doesn't make it a desirable target.

If you can fly a Mack, you can fly a Hulk. A Hulk can fit Ice Lasers just fine, Tank your Hulk and you'll mine ice without being a desirable target.
Transport ships don't qualify for the GSF bounties, so the rules of Isk tanking your transports remain the same as always.

Your job as a miner is to get the greatest quantity of Ore/Ice from the belt to the station safely that you can. If the ship with the best Belt->Cargo extraction rate keeps getting you shot, then pick another ship.

-RubyPorto

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#298 - 2012-06-27 22:22:22 UTC
It's all about the killboards. Why risk getting shot at when you have an entire area (High-sec) filled with players that don't shoot back? Suicide gankers are cowards that love the tears of their defenceless victims, and it's probably the most risk-free way to gain isk in the whole game. As long as your blowing something up thats gonna give you more than what you lose, you're laughing.

Is there any reason for low and null-sec anymore, where supposedly all the "PVP" is going down? Everyone should just go to high and focus on all these tasty, easy kills.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Pipa Porto
#299 - 2012-06-27 22:51:35 UTC
Reech Yvormes wrote:

cya guys.

Here's the deal, kid. And this is straight from CCP Soundwave's mouth about what EvE is. (He's the lead game designer for EvE)
Kristoffer Touborg wrote:

Welcome to EVE Online - Here's a rubix cube, go f--- yourself

-RubyPorto

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#300 - 2012-06-28 00:07:43 UTC
Well this rant got worse with time.

I would love to have seen this guy try to live in venal from 2006 to 2010.