These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

New Patch Fps drop from 70 to 9

First post
Author
Vengeance Thirst
Sons Of Decebal
#1 - 2012-06-26 15:13:02 UTC
Dont know what you dudes did with last patch but my fps in warping mode (while warping) was 70 not its 9 and drops to 5 when i spin camera in direction of sun.

I also for first time ever had a issue with my computer CPU ussage while playing eve.I warped to a battle/engagement spot. it was 2 fleets of about 40 members each. When I landed my computer froze when loading grid. Pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete revealed cup usage witch it went from like 35% (usual) to 100% and i couldn't do anything. My mouse cursor was not moving or it was moving in slow motion. FPS was 1 or 0 (if i could call it fps). It lasted for a good 20-30 sec.

When It came back I was luck enpough not to be killed but the fps was lower than usual. (usual FPS dorin battlews si 20-30 not its like 5-10 if im lucky)

Other dudes told me they have similar issues.

For me at least this is very frustrating as I just upgraded video card about a month ago.

Please fix this before emo rage quit again for a year or more.

Ty.
Aiden Gillan
Der Schatten
#2 - 2012-06-26 16:12:26 UTC
Same here. Usually run 60 FPS no matter what is going on, post Inferno I started noticing drops, and now post 1.1 I'm capped at 30 FPS.
Pollychrest
Phantom Space
Space Madness.
#3 - 2012-06-26 16:17:12 UTC
Same exact thing here and I'm talking to people in alliance and a majority of them have the same issue.
Leriss Serenthius
CBC Interstellar
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-06-26 16:54:31 UTC
I'm not having such big issues, however I can notice the FPS dropped for me significally, something is not right.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#5 - 2012-06-26 16:57:28 UTC
Seems like everyone is having this problem. Jumping from system to system makes it even worse. Wonder how flooded CCP's Petition Inbox must be. The only thing that makes me a little more hopeful of this is the fact that even people with high-end rigs reporting the same thing and its severity means CCP is more likely to be working on fixing the problem before it chokes Eve to death.

At least I hope...hope is good, right?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

DRACOincarnation
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#6 - 2012-06-26 17:16:49 UTC  |  Edited by: DRACOincarnation
I have a similar issue, i.e. my FPS drop from 60 (Interval1, Window Mode 1440x900 resolution, laptop native resolution is 1920x1200) to like 5 to 10 when I do a gatejump/do warps. Before the last weekend, I have been dualboxing without any issues on medium settings/effects on. Now this occurs with a single client open, settings minimal, absolutely no effects.

My system is a Core2 Duo T9300 (2.5 GHz), 4 GB Ram, 2x Geforce 8700M GT (SLI config, up to date driver), Win7 Professional SP1, 64 Bit and about 100 GB free on the partition Eve is installed on (with about 'sufficient' 4GB free on the Win partition). Whole system is pretty clean, as I have reinstalled OS and drivers only about 2 weeks ago. Sometimes I think the whole system is slowed down when running eve client as well. Edit: Affects entire system definitely. One eve client, firefox with only eve forums open and teamspeak and my performance goes to *****.

Edit: Created a bug report (dxdiag attached).

"Wenn die Gesellschaft in Frieden und Freiheit leben will, dann braucht sie den Beitrag der Nachrichtendienste" W.S. "[...], dass die Deutschen Privatsphäre etwa so betrachten wie wir Amerikaner vielleicht Meinungs- oder Religionsfreiheit." M.H.

Taelo Sasen
Aetherdyne Consortium
#7 - 2012-06-26 18:39:04 UTC
The strangest thing happens to me, ever since Inferno hit, after about two hours my fps just drops to one frame per second. I'm not jumping between systems or anything, I'm just mining and warping back and forth between my station occasionally.
bassie12bf1
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#8 - 2012-06-26 18:46:56 UTC
General FPS definatly seems to have dropped quite a bit after monday's patch for me.
Damlone
Dead's Prostitutes
The Initiative.
#9 - 2012-06-26 19:30:58 UTC
CCP needs to fix this asap. It's not an option to log off in a fight and hope it resets.
Jon Joringer
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-06-26 20:51:13 UTC
I'm having the same problem. Before Monday's patch, I got a steady 50-60+ FPS in space. Now, FPS seems to be strangely capped* at a sluggish 25-30.

* I tried just setting everything to low until this is resolved, but I got the same FPS. Something isn't right.

I also noticed way increased fan noise and heat from my computer. I generally hardly ever hear my fan go above a quiet hum while playing.

Think I'll set a long skill and play something else until whatever is causing this apparently non-isolated problem is fixed.
Mei Z'Hong
Fractured Cirkle
#11 - 2012-06-26 21:20:51 UTC
Also having serious fps drop doing routine things. Would be great to actually hear from CCP that they acknowledge this issue and put something on log in screen. Spent a bit of time diagnosing if it was my hardware but after reading this it seems it is something to do with the game.
Devien Aya
Random Variable Ventures
#12 - 2012-06-27 00:05:41 UTC
+1 to this list.

Noticed this immediately after the patch yesterday. Where previously I was rock solid 60+ fps in everything except areas with lots of particle clouds (missions / complexes).

Now II can't get over 30 fps even in the best scenarios and in areas with heavy action or particles the fps is 15 or less.

Dieter Rams
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-27 00:21:12 UTC
Devien Aya wrote:
+1 to this list.

Noticed this immediately after the patch yesterday. Where previously I was rock solid 60+ fps in everything except areas with lots of particle clouds (missions / complexes).

Now II can't get over 30 fps even in the best scenarios and in areas with heavy action or particles the fps is 15 or less.

WHY CCP! WHY!?

/cries
Helix666
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-06-27 00:42:27 UTC
Having the same issue. Seems fine for maybe 10 mins then CPU usage skyrockets and Eve or any other programs begin to crawl.
Veldar Reku
Wu Xi Holdings
#15 - 2012-06-27 04:20:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Veldar Reku
nVidia 9400 GT (yes, old card)

After Incarna update, suddenly I had 30+ fps. Wow! After today's patch, 10 fps and when I warp to a POS, 3 fps CryCryCryCry

Is no one doing any QA on these patches anymore? Evil

Edit: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1540203#post1540203

Seems CCP is working on it!! Smile
Go0fBall
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-06-27 04:25:07 UTC
Same issue happening here, initially thought it was due to multi-boxing but it occurs on single client as well. Running on decent computer with plenty of RAM/GFX memory available. Corpies are complaining of similar issues, making gameplay almost impossible. Also lags out other applications running in background due to CPU usage spiking. CCP please let us know if you are aware of the issue and if you plan on fixing it. o/

Azrael Acid
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-06-27 06:29:40 UTC
It's flat out ridiculous. I know it's not an issue that was intended. However, it was a complete train wreck. NOTHING could be done in game. I haven't had the client lock up on me like this since '09. It was reminiscent of pre-tidi days in 1000 man super fleets. Only there where no fleets. And no tidi. Please CCP for the love of all that is space holy... fix this ASAP. I won't be playing until it's resolved.

P.S. Something I've been wanting to say for weeks, but was too lazy to do more than just whine to corpies about it.....

PLEASE DO SOMETHING about the horrid inventory system. Please. Just saying.
m4ster112
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#18 - 2012-06-27 18:10:30 UTC  |  Edited by: m4ster112
also having major fps issues was at 60 pre patch now stuck at 12-15
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-06-27 20:13:51 UTC
It seems to be a UI issue. If you hide the UI with the FPS window open the FPS window will still show.
I've done this and when I hide the UI I get a jump of about 20-30 FPS when in space. It doesn't seem to be tied to any particular UI window or to brackets, this only works if I hide the UI entirely with Ctrl+F9.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

m4ster112
Jump 2 Beacon
Deepwater Hooligans
#20 - 2012-06-27 22:50:20 UTC  |  Edited by: m4ster112
Trust me it dont help that much it seems to be an as soon as i undock its fine then i jump through a gate or undock again and BAM fps Destroyed.
12Next page