These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's with the casual Anti Semitism

First post
Author
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#161 - 2012-06-27 00:29:13 UTC
Rahmiro wrote:
What about Big Digger Nick? I mean, C'mon!

Two wrongs don't make a right.
Rahmiro
Rockets on the Battlefield
#162 - 2012-06-27 00:42:09 UTC
Rahmiro wrote:
What about Big Digger Nick? I mean, C'mon!

My bad I thought this thread was about general racism in eve.

I never seen these people in my life. I don't recognize them Your Honor

Bolow Santosi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#163 - 2012-06-27 00:58:23 UTC
David Toviyah wrote:
Then how can it be a race if no “Jewish ancestry” is needed to be considered one? Or are there religion-Jews and race-Jews Roll ?

Being Semitic isn't a prerequisite of practicing Judaism. Just like you don't have to be Arab to practice Islam.

So yes there's Religious jews and race jews. The "Being Jewish is a religion therefore not racist" line is just some garbage rhetoric people hide behind so they can deny being a racist.

Slash Overkill
Hyperbolic Galacticum
#164 - 2012-06-27 01:26:44 UTC
Bolow Santosi wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:
Then how can it be a race if no “Jewish ancestry” is needed to be considered one? Or are there religion-Jews and race-Jews Roll ?

Being Semitic isn't a prerequisite of practicing Judaism. Just like you don't have to be Arab to practice Islam.

So yes there's Religious jews and race jews. The "Being Jewish is a religion therefore not racist" line is just some garbage rhetoric people hide behind so they can deny being a racist.

Except that 'Jewish' is not technically a race.
Mars Theran
Foreign Interloper
#165 - 2012-06-27 01:43:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Mars Theran
Slash Overkill wrote:
Bolow Santosi wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:

Except that 'Jewish' is not technically a race.

Technically, that's incorrect but I doubt you'd find many people who could come to an agreement on that or where exactly they originated or even who the original Jewish people were, (history is a bit muddied on this subject, to very little surprise), and these days it refers more to a religious belief than an actual people.

edit: also, except for that thread the other day, I've never seen anything mentioned about them, but I've been on the forums more than online latley. I was under the impression that the chap who started that thread was actually one himself, and perhaps the others were too.

Tough call, but it was a cabal of them in reference, and he did seem to indicate as much in a later post with regard to himself anyway. No guarantee anything you read on the internet is true of course; most likely not more often than actually is.
zubzubzubzubzubzubzubzub
Kaijusan
Austro-Hungarian Empire
#166 - 2012-06-27 02:41:07 UTC
Jewish girls are hot.
Pix Severus
Empty You
#167 - 2012-06-27 02:43:36 UTC
Hello JIDF.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Morgorathi
Euaemon
#168 - 2012-06-27 02:49:48 UTC
Bolow Santosi wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:

Semites are just people who speak a language from the Semetic language family. Not a race.

I'm a semite, I speak arabic. Jews are people who descended from Judah IE not the Khazars or Ashkhenazi. Majority of jews today come from the Khazars or Ashkhenazi although to most people anyway they are interchangeable. They are Europeans not middle eastern.

When did Crime & Punishment become the mercenary employment board?

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#169 - 2012-06-27 03:10:05 UTC
Post above is ignorant of dna

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Morgorathi
Euaemon
#170 - 2012-06-27 03:12:29 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:

When you provide the DNA Evidence i will look into it, if it is accurate and from a reliable source i will accept.

Frying Doom
#171 - 2012-06-27 03:14:35 UTC
Honestly why would there be a need to bring up any race, sexism, religion or disability in the forums?

They are all used as slurs and add nothing at all to the context.

If the ISD want something to wet their teeth on it should be this.

Clean up the forums just remove any reference to race(excluding the in game races), sexism, religion(excluding the in game religions) or disability. We are talking about a space game with an Lore to it. Not the current biases and hatreds on earth atm.

If you want to argue a point do so but calling someone a racial stereotype or listing disabilities as insults do nothing to enhance the game. It just makes us all look like hate mongers, CCP included for allowing this crap to remain on their forums.

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#172 - 2012-06-27 03:18:10 UTC
Morgorathi wrote:
Bolow Santosi wrote:
David Toviyah wrote:

Semites are just people who speak a language from the Semetic language family. Not a race.

I'm a semite, I speak arabic. Jews are people who descended from Judah IE not the Khazars or Ashkhenazi. Majority of jews today come from the Khazars or Ashkhenazi although to most people anyway they are interchangeable. They are Europeans not middle eastern.

We studied jewish history in my world religion class a few weeks ago. It was pretty damn interesting. Jews as a people are actually pretty hardcore.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#173 - 2012-06-27 03:22:05 UTC
Morgorathi wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

When you provide the DNA Evidence i will look into it, if it is accurate and from a reliable source i will accept.

From what I learned a lot of the jews in Diaspora are like that because of how many times they've been scattered around the world by the empires that conquered them in their history. So they are likely descended from middle eastern jews.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#174 - 2012-06-27 03:24:10 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
Morgorathi wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

quote in regards to ashkanazi jews being descendant from Khazars from Lewis, Bernard. Semites and Anti-Semites, W.W. Norton and Company, 1999, ISBN 0-393-31839-7, p. 48.:

Quote:
This theory… is supported by no evidence whatsoever. It has long since been abandoned by all serious scholars in the field, including those in Arab countries, where the Khazar theory is little used except in occasional political polemics

more over dna:

Quote:
A 1999 study by Hammer et al., published in the Proceedings of the United States National Academy of Sciences compared the Y chromosomes of Ashkenazi, Roman, North African, Kurdish, Near Eastern, Yemenite, and Ethiopian Jews with 16 non-Jewish groups from similar geographic locations. It found that "Despite their long-term residence in different countries and isolation from one another, most Jewish populations were not significantly different from one another at the genetic level... The results support the hypothesis that the paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population, and suggest that most Jewish communities have remained relatively isolated from neighboring non-Jewish communities during and after the Diaspora."[85] According to Nicholas Wade "The results accord with Jewish history and tradition and refute theories like those holding that Jewish communities consist mostly of converts from other faiths, or that they are descended from the Khazars, a medieval Turkish tribe that adopted Judaism."[86]
A 2010 study on Jewish ancestry by Atzmon et al. says "Two major groups were identified by principal component, phylogenetic, and identity by descent (IBD) analysis: Middle Eastern Jews and European/Syrian Jews. The IBD segment sharing and the proximity of European Jews to each other and to southern European populations suggested similar origins for European Jewry and refuted large-scale genetic contributions of Central and Eastern European and Slavic populations to the formation of Ashkenazi Jewry."[54]
Concerning male-line ancestry, several Y-DNA studies have tested the hypothesis of Khazar ancestry amongst Ashkenazim.[87][88][89] In these studies Haplogroup R1a chromosomes (sometimes called Eu 19) have been identified as potential evidence of one line of Eastern European ancestry amongst Ashkenazim, which could possibly be Khazar. One concluded that "neither the NRY haplogroup composition of the majority of Ashkenazi Jews nor the microsatellite haplotype composition of the R1a1 haplogroup within Ashkenazi Levites is consistent with a major Khazar or other European origin"[88] and another that "if the R-M17 chromosomes in Ashkenazi Jews do indeed represent the vestiges of the mysterious Khazars then, according to our data, this contribution was limited to either a single founder or a few closely related men, and does not exceed ~ 12% of the present-day Ashkenazim

edit dont get me started on arab dna and its links to mongolians... if you argue dna origin you belong in the steppes of china...

Morgorathi
Euaemon
#175 - 2012-06-27 03:32:22 UTC
Quote:
A 1999 study by Hammer et al., published in the Proceedings of the United States National Academy of Sciences compared the Y chromosomes of Ashkenazi, Roman, North African, Kurdish, Near Eastern, Yemenite, and Ethiopian Jews with 16 non-Jewish groups from similar geographic locations. It found that "Despite their long-term residence in different countries and isolation from one another, most Jewish populations were not significantly different from one another at the genetic level... The results support the hypothesis that the paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population, and suggest that most Jewish communities have remained relatively isolated from neighboring non-Jewish communities during and after the Diaspora."

Jewish descent is Matrilineal not Patrilineal. It may show that the males are of middle eastern and jewish descent but their children are not.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#176 - 2012-06-27 03:38:48 UTC
Morgorathi wrote:
Quote:
A 1999 study by Hammer et al., published in the Proceedings of the United States National Academy of Sciences compared the Y chromosomes of Ashkenazi, Roman, North African, Kurdish, Near Eastern, Yemenite, and Ethiopian Jews with 16 non-Jewish groups from similar geographic locations. It found that "Despite their long-term residence in different countries and isolation from one another, most Jewish populations were not significantly different from one another at the genetic level... The results support the hypothesis that the paternal gene pools of Jewish communities from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East descended from a common Middle Eastern ancestral population, and suggest that most Jewish communities have remained relatively isolated from neighboring non-Jewish communities during and after the Diaspora."

Jewish descent is Matrilineal not Patrilineal. It may show that the males are of middle eastern and jewish descent but their children are not.

oh fkcu i have to now bring in mitochondrial just to shut you up?

ok here goes.... read the entire thing please first

Quote:
Before 2006, geneticists largely attributed the genesis of most of the world's Jewish populations, including Ashkenazi Jews, to founding effects by males who migrated from the Middle East and "by the women from each local population whom they took as wives and converted to Judaism." In line with this model of origin, David Goldstein, now of Duke University, reported in 2002 that, unlike male lineages, the female lineages in Ashkenazi Jewish communities "did not seem to be Middle Eastern", and that each community had its own genetic pattern and even that "in some cases the mitochondrial DNA was closely related to that of the host community." In his view this suggested "that Jewish men had arrived from the Middle East, taken wives from the host population and converted them to Judaism, after which there was no further intermarriage with non-Jews."[46]
However, a 2006 study by Behar et al.,[1] based on high-resolution analysis of haplogroup K(mtDNA), suggested that about 40% of the current Ashkenazi population is descended matrilineally from just four women, or "founder lineages", that were "likely from a Hebrew/Levantine mtDNA pool" originating in the Middle East in the 1st and 2nd centuries CE. Although Haplogroup K is common throughout western Eurasia, "the observed global pattern of distribution renders very unlikely the possibility that the four aforementioned founder lineages entered the Ashkenazi mtDNA pool via gene flow from a European host population:
"..Both the extent and location of the maternal ancestral deme from which the Ashkenazi Jewry arose remain obscure. Here, using complete sequences of the maternally inherited mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), we show that close to one-half of Ashkenazi Jews, estimated at 8,000,000 people, can be traced back to only four women carrying distinct mtDNAs that are virtually absent in other populations, with the important exception of low frequencies among non-Ashkenazi Jews. We conclude that four founding mtDNAs, likely of Near Eastern ancestry, underwent major expansion(s) in Europe within the past millennium.."[1][46]
In addition, Behar et al. have suggested that the rest of Ashkenazi mtDNA is originated from ~150 women, most of those likely of Middle Eastern origin.[1] However, other studies by Behar indicate that this mtDNA is different from other Jewish populations found outside of Europe, leaving the possibility of a separate origin or even a European origin a distinct possibility

Pesky LaRue
Mercatoris
#177 - 2012-06-27 03:39:21 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Adeleda Adoudel wrote:
Only time I see Jew used is when people are whoring isk. Its not in an offensive way. Just hanging onto old stereotypes.

The irony in this post is palpable.

This. where is notsureifserious.jpg when we need it :|
Morgorathi
Euaemon
#178 - 2012-06-27 03:47:28 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Morgorathi wrote:
Quote:

oh fkcu i have to now bring in mitochondrial just to shut you up?

ok here goes.... read the entire thing please first

Quote:
Before 2006, geneticists largely attributed the genesis of most of the world's Jewish populations, including Ashkenazi Jews, to founding effects by males who migrated from the Middle East and "by the women from each local population whom they took as wives and converted to Judaism." In line with this model of origin, David Goldstein, now of Duke University, reported in 2002 that, unlike male lineages, the female lineages in Ashkenazi Jewish communities "did not seem to be Middle Eastern", and that each community had its own genetic pattern and even that "in some cases the mitochondrial DNA was closely related to that of the host community." In his view this suggested "that Jewish men had arrived from the Middle East, taken wives from the host population and converted them to Judaism, after which there was no further intermarriage with non-Jews."[46]
However, a 2006 study by Behar et al.,[1] based on high-resolution analysis of haplogroup K(mtDNA), suggested that about 40% of the current Ashkenazi population is descended matrilineally from just four women, or "founder lineages", that were "likely from a Hebrew/Levantine mtDNA pool" originating in the Middle East in the 1st and 2nd centuries CE. Although Haplogroup K is common throughout western Eurasia, "the observed global pattern of distribution renders very unlikely the possibility that the four aforementioned founder lineages entered the Ashkenazi mtDNA pool via gene flow from a European host population:
"..Both the extent and location of the maternal ancestral deme from which the Ashkenazi Jewry arose remain obscure. Here, using complete sequences of the maternally inherited mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA), we show that close to one-half of Ashkenazi Jews, estimated at 8,000,000 people, can be traced back to only four women carrying distinct mtDNAs that are virtually absent in other populations, with the important exception of low frequencies among non-Ashkenazi Jews. We conclude that four founding mtDNAs, likely of Near Eastern ancestry, underwent major expansion(s) in Europe within the past millennium.."[1][46]
In addition, Behar et al. have suggested that the rest of Ashkenazi mtDNA is originated from ~150 women, most of those likely of Middle Eastern origin.[1] However, other studies by Behar indicate that this mtDNA is different from other Jewish populations found outside of Europe, leaving the possibility of a separate origin or even a European origin a distinct possibility

Can you get me a non-jewish study?

Not that i doubt its credibility but its like asking the nazis about the heritage of the aryan people. "ARYANS ARE PURE BLOODED ARYANS. NO INTERMIXING. WE ARE PURE. NEVER INTERMIXED"

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#179 - 2012-06-27 03:51:35 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
Morgorathi wrote:

Not that i doubt its credibility but its like asking the ***** about the heritage of the aryan people. "ARYANS ARE PURE BLOODED ARYANS. NO INTERMIXING. WE ARE PURE. NEVER INTERMIXED"

right when you have no reasonable response time to take out the straw man argument eh?

come to think about it the
Quote:
United States National Academy of Sciences
is clearly a jewish study

Morgorathi
Euaemon
#180 - 2012-06-27 03:54:05 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Morgorathi wrote:

Not that i doubt its credibility but its like asking the ***** about the heritage of the aryan people. "ARYANS ARE PURE BLOODED ARYANS. NO INTERMIXING. WE ARE PURE. NEVER INTERMIXED"

right when you have no reasonable response time to take out the straw man argument eh?

No. I'm saying when you ask a nazi about the heritage of his people he will tell you its pure aryan. there is no compromise to that and you get nowhere.

Can you find a non-jewish study that corroborates what you are saying?