These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

To CCP - Womens Executor Coat Red/Gold mess-up

First post
Author
assel
#1 - 2012-06-27 00:56:45 UTC
Dear CCP,

thank you for implementing a previously rare and valuable item into the NeX store and throwing it away for 500 Aurum.

The Womens Executor Coat Red/Gold was initially a bonus to the Russian Collector's Edition.
As far as I remember unique ships and items from collectors editions and special boxed releases of the game were always exclusive and therefore a sure investment in Eve Online.

Considering this fact I have been stockpiling 8 of these coats as a slow growing investment for the future. Until Sunday each of these coats was worth ober 350 million ISK.

Now you implement them for for 500 Aurum and thus dropping the price to 50 million each.

CCP, you just screwed every collector and investor of limited issue items.

You cost me 2.4 billion ISK, just by not checking which items were already available in Eve and how their market value was pre-patch.

That must have been the greatest slap in the face I have ever received in Eve Online.

I do await a statement from CCP regarding this matter!

Trolled by CCP. Thanks for throwing away collectible clothing items for 500 Aurum.

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#2 - 2012-06-27 00:59:31 UTC
I'm pretty sure these were on SiSi at the current price...you could have foreseen this.

The Drake is a Lie

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#3 - 2012-06-27 00:59:52 UTC
**** happens.
assel
#4 - 2012-06-27 01:02:44 UTC
I just checked the market a little more.

Apperently the Ishukone Special edition shirt is also sold for 500 Aurum.

That one went for 2 billion ISK apiece til Sunday!

I own one of these. Now they are sold for 38 million ISK.

So you cost me over 4.3 billion ISK in investments in a single patch.

Are you serious CCP?

Why do you troll us that much?

Trolled by CCP. Thanks for throwing away collectible clothing items for 500 Aurum.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#5 - 2012-06-27 01:04:13 UTC
assel wrote:

Are you serious CCP?

Its almost as bad as the sorts of losses that happen on a daily basis in nullsec!

Seriously, quit your goddamn whining and deal with it.
ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-06-27 01:05:29 UTC
assel wrote:

Are you serious CCP?

Like an above poster said, you could have checked on sisi.

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Opodiphthera Eucalypti Lepdoptera
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-06-27 01:08:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Opodiphthera Eucalypti Lepdoptera
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=125622&find=unread
Those digital clothes will be all wet with tears.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#8 - 2012-06-27 01:09:06 UTC
Welcome to the cut-throat word of internet spaceship game apparel.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Pipa Porto
#9 - 2012-06-27 01:12:15 UTC
assel wrote:

As far as I remember unique ships and items from collectors editions and special boxed releases of the game were always exclusive and therefore a sure investment in Eve Online.

The Zephyr (and many other special items) says Hi.

If you hear the words "sure investment" in EvE, get ready to lose money.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

assel
#10 - 2012-06-27 01:14:54 UTC
Im not whining, I am complaining.

I do understand lots of people, espacially from nullsec alliances, have little love for the NeX store, clothing or anything else in that regard.

But my point is not about that. Its about collectible items in Eve. How would PL feel if their tournament ships were sold for 500 Aurums in the NeX store or the Quafe Mark IV or any other item in Eve that got its high value from the rarity it has, because it was released in limited time offers or very special (often expasive) deals?

There are some people in this game that just suffer from CCP not checking closely what they are doing.

Might be 0.0 alliances loose well over 4 billion a day in fights, but for once they now what they are up to when they pick a fight, for me as a single player over 4 billion loss, just because someone at CCP didnt check or care is a massive blow.

Just realize, that 10 months of gametime.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#11 - 2012-06-27 01:18:58 UTC
You purchased those items through a transaction that involved an existing currency in the world outside of Eve,
If people are spending Aura in the NeX store for this stuff - guess what kind of transaction is actually taking place?

In truth you are upset that you lost money on an investment - don't worry it happens all the time.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#12 - 2012-06-27 01:20:09 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
I'm pretty sure these were on SiSi at the current price...you could have foreseen this.

!
wait dmc is still active... hi this is 5-j saying hello mad pact foreverz bro

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Ariel Marquette
Doomheim
#13 - 2012-06-27 01:21:58 UTC
CCP produced some limited edition items that were coveted by a large portion of the playerbase. The items, unfortunately, were only in the hands of the few who bought boxed versions of the game in specific countries or had a mountain of RL cash to go to Fanfest.

At a certain demand point, it makes great financial sense for CCP to inject these items into the game at a reasonable AUR price. Every PLEX in the game was a $20 addition to CCP's bottom line. Whether the jackets / shirts / widgets cost 500 AUR or 2,000 AUR is largely irrelevant, as most people that want the vest have probably expended all of the free AUR they received for EVE is Real promotions. Therefore, to get the paltry 500 AUR necessary to buy this item, a $20 PLEX must be converted and thus removed from the game.

Now, each of these $20 PLEXes removed to create a small pile of AUR is no longer available for the space-rich folks who want to pay for their multiple accounts entirely with ISK. This means the price of PLEX will steadily rise, creating an incentive for more people to pay the $20 to inject more PLEX into the game to meet the demand.

So, the best investment here was in producing limited edition items with the full intention of making them readily available if the demand was significant. CCP will likely make a tidy profit on the extra PLEX sales. In the process, they've created some tears from folks like the OP who wanted to fleece the plebes for outrageous sums of ISK. As everyone knows that EVE runs on tears--and the tears of the elite offer better mileage than the tears of the masses--I'd say this was a good idea on all fronts.
assel
#14 - 2012-06-27 01:37:18 UTC
Yeah might be every once in a while people lose (happy now?) tremendous sums of ISK, and not seldom because of stupid behaviour (like shipping 20 plex in a shuttle), but thats quite a different matter.

Its about rare and collectible items in Eve.

I dont have a russian collectors edition handy, but I bet somewhere on the box they advertise the Executor Coat Red/Gold as a special collectors edition item, maybe even saying "only available with this box". Someone who got that please check for me whats exactly on the box.

Same goes for the 13x Plex Ishukone Special Edition.

It even says special edition in its name. Now they sell it for 500 Aurum. Thats really very "special".

Nyreanya
Serenity Labs
#15 - 2012-06-27 01:38:11 UTC
Ariel Marquette wrote:
As everyone knows that EVE runs on tears--and the tears of the elite offer better mileage than the tears of the masses.

+1 just for this sentence.

[/sarcasm]

Pipa Porto
#16 - 2012-06-27 01:42:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Pipa Porto
assel wrote:
Yeah might be every once in a while people lose (happy now?) tremendous sums of ISK, and not seldom because of stupid behaviour (like shipping 20 plex in a shuttle), but thats quite a different matter.

Its about rare and collectible items in Eve.

I dont have a russian collectors edition handy, but I bet somewhere on the box they advertise the Executor Coat Red/Gold as a special collectors edition item, maybe even saying "only available with this box". Someone who got that please check for me whats exactly on the box.

Same goes for the 13x Plex Ishukone Special Edition.

It even says special edition in its name. Now they sell it for 500 Aurum. Thats really very "special".

You got the collector's edition item. You got use of it. Exactly as advertised.

Unless the box said "Will never be available ever again," your whine is up a creek.

EvE: Everyone vs Everyone

-RubyPorto

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#17 - 2012-06-27 01:54:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Xercodo wrote:

Nope. I've checked Sisi multiple times before patch. There were only 2 items in NeX on Sisi before patch - as I remember these were male pants + *male* red/gold coat. That's why there were multiple buy orders for 150-300mil on TQ right after downrtime - nobody expected CCP may screw up that badly by introducint "collector" item into NeX for cheap. People who expected this (like me =) ) made billions during few seconds after DT selling freshly purchased coats to old 150-300mil buying orders. Same for ishukone shirt.

For me (15 years in MMOs + real clothing shops / retail experience) it is clear CCP doesn't have any experience and clues about avatars, NeX, retail, micro-transactions, etc. I expect more screw ups during their experiments - like 500AUR cheap left/gold monocles for example.
Celeste Taylor
Ruby Dynasty
#18 - 2012-06-27 03:52:14 UTC
As mentioned on the similar threads, I don't think people should buy something that is obviously not worth (in their eyes) the ISK value of an object. I think the new NEX items are a great deal, and are being sold for less ISK right now than they are worth to me. The old NEX items (not counting the monocle) were/are being sold for easily what I think they are worth in ISK. The Quafe shirts and R/G Executor were a bit harder purchase decisions and I only bought them after getting most of the other NEX items. I don't regret paying 400m for the Executor since it is roughly what I was willing to pay for the item which is still cheaper than if I trade ISK->PLEX->AUR to buy a Navy Sterling at retail NEX prices. I personally think it is nice that others can afford what was previously available to only a few of us in the past, I wouldn't mind if the rest of my NEX collection were to be rereleased with prices that are more reasonable. I suppose people shouldn't invest in something that they consider is overpriced or not worth the current ISK value in their personal opinion.

Look at an item and consider if you really think it is worth the price, or if you are only buying it because there are not that many in existence, or because CCP and other players (through AUR and inflated ISK prices) say it is valuable. Don't buy something just because others say it is expensive and rare.

This reminds me of all the Sims (or Civ) expansions I spent so much money on back in the day, which I think was eventually included in a complete edition.
stoicfaux
#19 - 2012-06-27 06:44:29 UTC
assel wrote:
a sure investment

"All investments involve different degrees of risk. You should be aware of your risk tolerance level and financial situations at all times. Furthermore, you should read all transaction confirmations, monthly, and year-end statements. Read any and all prospectuses carefully before making any investment decisions. You are free at all times to accept or reject all investment recommendations made by the Foo, Inc. All products sold by Foo, Inc. are subject to market risk and may result in the entire loss to the client's investment. (For example: market conditions may result in the depletion of your equity.) Please understand that any losses are attributed to market forces beyond the control or prediction of Foo, Inc. As you know, a recommendation, which you are free to accept or reject, is not a guarantee for the successful performance of an investment and we are expressly prohibited from guaranteeing against losses arising from market conditions."

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Tobias Durandal
Wasted Prophets
#20 - 2012-06-27 06:51:48 UTC
See, what you really shoulda done here, is been like, "Yeah? Well, I had those shirts before they were cool."

That'd show everyone how awesome you were.
123Next page