These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

LvL 4's in a macharial

Author
drdxie
#21 - 2012-06-26 18:31:21 UTC
IIshira wrote:
A Golem is designed for torpedo launchers... Using cruise missle launchers on a Golem is fail.

If you want to use cruise missle launchers fly a CNR.

The problem is even with long range torps you only get 40km so to apply that damage is not easy. The other marauders with long range ammo can easily hit out at 60km. To be honest if I didn't need BS5 for capitals I would not have trained for a caldari marauder.
The golem needs a another low slot and a new low slot module to increase missile range, or a bonus to torp flight time or velocity. My 2 isk worth anyway

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

DooDoo Gum
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2012-06-26 21:36:17 UTC
drdxie wrote:
DooDoo Gum wrote:
drdxie wrote:
mmmmm So bored again.. what to do next Lol

hrmm.... perhaps redo your testing... esp if your results point to your tengu taking out battleships faster than your golem

I too was very surprised. The golem does better volley damage but the rate of fire on the Tengu gave it the edge and won by getting its last volley in first. Did it several times to confirm, hence I think the CNR will do better withe the extra 100ish dps it gets with the similar fit.

im still surprised... please tell me you are using dual painters on the golem
drdxie
#23 - 2012-06-27 00:35:22 UTC
DooDoo Gum wrote:
drdxie wrote:
DooDoo Gum wrote:
drdxie wrote:
mmmmm So bored again.. what to do next Lol

hrmm.... perhaps redo your testing... esp if your results point to your tengu taking out battleships faster than your golem

I too was very surprised. The golem does better volley damage but the rate of fire on the Tengu gave it the edge and won by getting its last volley in first. Did it several times to confirm, hence I think the CNR will do better withe the extra 100ish dps it gets with the similar fit.

im still surprised... please tell me you are using dual painters on the golem

Yep, sure was. But it was with cruise missiles.. not sure if you noticed that Blink

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#24 - 2012-06-27 03:00:13 UTC
drdxie wrote:
The problem is even with long range torps you only get 40km so to apply that damage is not easy. The other marauders with long range ammo can easily hit out at 60km. To be honest if I didn't need BS5 for capitals I would not have trained for a caldari marauder.
The golem needs a another low slot and a new low slot module to increase missile range, or a bonus to torp flight time or velocity. My 2 isk worth anyway

fit 2x missile velocity rigs and get a 5% missile velocity implant, faction missiles go about 42km, and javs will hit out to 62ish km.

its a nice ship for some missions, but pretty awful at a bunch more. my alt is pretty much all caldari trained, have to have a golem and a cnr in the same station (although lately I've mostly just been using a tengu on him)

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#25 - 2012-06-27 03:10:36 UTC
drdxie wrote:
IIshira wrote:
A Golem is designed for torpedo launchers... Using cruise missle launchers on a Golem is fail.

If you want to use cruise missle launchers fly a CNR.

The Golem will hit out to 60 km as well. Are you using T1 launchers?
Previous page12