These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Navy Apoc Level 4's

Author
Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#1 - 2012-06-26 19:52:18 UTC
Navy Apoc

Armor Kinetic Hardner II
Armor Kinetic Hardner II
Armor Thermic Hardner II
Armor Thermic Hardner II
Imperial Navy Large Armor Repair
Imperial Navy Large Armor Repair
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Stable running everything.
673 DPS with my skills. (no imps)
405 Defence.

31km with multies
72km with scorch

The goal is to pull the entire room and pretty much take the pain. Anything i can improve upon? I would prefer to stay with mega pulses for the OMGLASERS factor. -Looks alot cooler than beams.

I know it is grossly over tanked but as i said its primary job is to pull everything and afk.

Bill Serkoff2
Tachyon Technology
#2 - 2012-06-26 19:59:11 UTC
That is incredibly inefficient. If you want to afk, get a damn Domi; otherwise, don't disgrace this beautiful ship with your shitfit.

[Apocalypse Navy Issue, Mishun]
Imperial Navy Capacitor Power Relay
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Armor Thermic Hardener II
Armor EM Hardener II
Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Imperial Navy Large Armor Repairer

Shadow Serpentis Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script
Shadow Serpentis Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Mega Pulse Laser II, Multifrequency L

Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

"The Cyclone and the Drake are two ships which will basically never be good for shield tanking, primarily because they have almost no lowslots in addition to shield tanking bonuses. " -Iam Widdershins

Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#3 - 2012-06-26 20:16:56 UTC
Bill Serkoff2 wrote:
That is incredibly inefficient. If you want to afk, get a damn Domi; otherwise, don't disgrace this beautiful ship with your shitfit.

And this is why i never bother asking in the ship forums for input because 90% of the posters can stick to what is stated.

I never asked for your opinion on its ability to execute the mission with utmost performance. -i even stated above i knew it wasnt. If i wanted performance rushing lvl4's id use a mach. Im looking for AFK tanking on this ship because its what i want to fly and entertain myself with. What i did ask is, would it accomplish its goal of being an afk tank. But understanding must be hard now a days..
Bill Serkoff2
Tachyon Technology
#4 - 2012-06-26 20:21:01 UTC
If you want an afk tank, then get a Domi. It does the job better and cheaper.
Fack.

"The Cyclone and the Drake are two ships which will basically never be good for shield tanking, primarily because they have almost no lowslots in addition to shield tanking bonuses. " -Iam Widdershins

Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#5 - 2012-06-26 20:22:25 UTC
Bill Serkoff2 wrote:
If you want an afk tank, then get a Domi. It does the job better and cheaper.
Fack.

-once again not sticking to what is asked.

I dont want a domi, i want this ship.

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#6 - 2012-06-26 20:33:16 UTC
Warlord Cybrid wrote:

What are you asking? You know what "afk" means in this context; we don't. It certainly won't complete missions afk because it requires user interaction to shoot things.

If it gets the job done for you, fine. I'm unsure what kind of input you need/want. The obvious is already on offer: that the NApoc is a terrible afk boat. But since you're using it that way anyhow, what else do you need it to do exactly?
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#7 - 2012-06-26 20:38:55 UTC
Warlord Cybrid wrote:

I know it is grossly over tanked but as i said its primary job is to pull everything and afk.

You need something autonomous to AFK-kill. Drones would only offer that capability, otherwise you're actively managing your targets and kills and not really 'pulling it all and AFKing'.

The Domi is unique in that it is a drone boat that would cater to this specific style.

Any boat relying on guns to DPS down a mass-aggro is going to contradict the style you are wanting to use. You'll end up coming back to a screen absent of a Navy Apoc. You'd do better in a 'geddon / 'baddon for a tanker if you want Amarr / Lasers.

You'd still have to actively manage your target cycles, though.
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-06-26 20:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: IIshira
Warlord Cybrid wrote:
Bill Serkoff2 wrote:

And this is why i never bother asking in the ship forums for input because 90% of the posters can stick to what is stated.

I never asked for your opinion on its ability to execute the mission with utmost performance. -i even stated above i knew it wasnt. If i wanted performance rushing lvl4's id use a mach. Im looking for AFK tanking on this ship because its what i want to fly and entertain myself with. What i did ask is, would it accomplish its goal of being an afk tank. But understanding must be hard now a days..

You will quickly realize that this form is full of people trying to start a fight. The best thing to do is ignore them.

It looks fine for a over tanked fit. You could use faction heatsinks for a bit more DPS but if you're just being the tank in a fleet it wouldn't be worth it.

Lastly I will say this is incredibly inefficient when it comes to DPS but if you're happy then go with it.
Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#9 - 2012-06-26 20:45:44 UTC
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Warlord Cybrid wrote:

What are you asking? You know what "afk" means in this context; we don't. It certainly won't complete missions afk because it requires user interaction to shoot things.

If it gets the job done for you, fine. I'm unsure what kind of input you need/want. The obvious is already on offer: that the NApoc is a terrible afk boat. But since you're using it that way anyhow, what else do you need it to do exactly?

You are a credit to the human race and i congratulate you. If i wasnt bald in game i would tip my hat to you sir/maam.

AFK = away from keyboard, as in i can just turn on the tank walk away and be fine knowing that the whole room can't kill me. The goal is to have it AFK tank so my friends can enjoy themselves plinking away at the enemy ships with their frigs / cruisers n all that good stuff. -The goal here is fun and i am supplying it to my friends in the form of a tank. They just want to mess around and play the game for what it is, a game.
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#10 - 2012-06-26 20:50:21 UTC
Warlord Cybrid wrote:
Zhilia Mann wrote:
Warlord Cybrid wrote:

You are a credit to the human race and i congratulate you. If i wasnt bald in game i would tip my hat to you sir/maam.

AFK = away from keyboard, as in i can just turn on the tank walk away and be fine knowing that the whole room can't kill me. The goal is to have it AFK tank so my friends can enjoy themselves plinking away at the enemy ships with their frigs / cruisers n all that good stuff. -The goal here is fun and i am supplying it to my friends in the form of a tank. They just want to mess around and play the game for what it is, a game.

If you're out to fit a Navy Apoc to hold the room while everyone else does the kills, then I would say ditch the DPS mods. No heat-sinks required, invest in a dual-rep, perhaps? Your guns will deactivate on their own when their primary targets die and you leave to AFK-land. Perhaps 2 type-specific hardeners, 2 EANMs, a DCU, and dual-rep reliant on your Cap Rechargers to keep them running so you don't get gibbed by a sudden spike in damage coming in.
Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#11 - 2012-06-26 21:02:27 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:
If you're out to fit a Navy Apoc to hold the room while everyone else does the kills, then I would say ditch the DPS mods. No heat-sinks required, invest in a dual-rep, perhaps? Your guns will deactivate on their own when their primary targets die and you leave to AFK-land. Perhaps 2 type-specific hardeners, 2 EANMs, a DCU, and dual-rep reliant on your Cap Rechargers to keep them running so you don't get gibbed by a sudden spike in damage coming in.

yup. thats why i went dual rep tank.

The guns are just there for pretty lights. Something to be visually stimulating during TV commercial breaks.

With the setup i linked above i can run the dual reps / the guns / and everything with cap to spare. Only reason i even mounted the heatsinks and guns is because my friends are rather new and anything they can't pop on their own ill go ahead and give them a hand / pull aggro etc... But over all my job is to be an intergallactic space brick.
CorInaXeraL
The Dresdeneers
#12 - 2012-06-26 21:10:34 UTC
Warlord Cybrid wrote:
CorInaXeraL wrote:

The guns are just there for pretty lights. Something to be visually stimulating during TV commercial breaks.

With the setup i linked above i can run the dual reps / the guns / and everything with cap to spare. Only reason i even mounted the heatsinks and guns is because my friends are rather new and anything they can't pop on their own ill go ahead and give them a hand / pull aggro etc... But over all my job is to be an intergallactic space brick.

For backup you won't need the heatsinks. They'll die on their own. Your primary worry shouldn't be DPS at all. The guns will work fine enough with your squaddies plinking away, your worry should be on not getting popped, which means pushing tank through the roof. The Apoc is not gifted with much in the way of tanking bonuses, like the abbadon and 'geddon, so I'd scrap the two sinks to help bolster your EHP. Soak up shots and let the other guys figure out how best to swiftly kill things. Perhaps drop a few cannons for some remote-reppers to give them a leg up if they need it due to loss of aggro.

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-26 21:20:39 UTC
CorInaXeraL wrote:
Warlord Cybrid wrote:
CorInaXeraL wrote:

For backup you won't need the heatsinks. They'll die on their own. Your primary worry shouldn't be DPS at all. The guns will work fine enough with your squaddies plinking away, your worry should be on not getting popped, which means pushing tank through the roof. The Apoc is not gifted with much in the way of tanking bonuses, like the abbadon and 'geddon, so I'd scrap the two sinks to help bolster your EHP. Soak up shots and let the other guys figure out how best to swiftly kill things. Perhaps drop a few cannons for some remote-reppers to give them a leg up if they need it due to loss of aggro.

The decision to remove or keep the heatsinks should be determined if your current tank is capable of tanking full room aggro or not. High slot reppers would be nice but you would have to maintain a close distance.
Venus O'Neil
Ars ex Discordia
#14 - 2012-06-26 21:20:48 UTC
I'd probably get a domi. Straight
Warlord Cybrid
No Fuhks Given
#15 - 2012-06-26 21:33:01 UTC
Venus O'Neil wrote:
I'd probably get a domi. Straight

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

-Its grossly over tanked so yeah it can easily tank the whole room no prob.