These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inferno 1.1 issues thread

First post
Author
Hammer Crendraven
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#101 - 2012-06-25 22:10:18 UTC
Ken Kyoukan wrote:
Just a theory, for those with an fps drop, is your resource cache on, as this loads all the gfx into memory and holds them for the next use.

Now if you recall all minmatar sub caps and 2 other ships just got v3'd and tweaked. this means they have more graphical detail so whilst not having much larger file sizes they do take more gfx effort and memory to render.

Of the problems with missile lag i believe it's the same option as in trying to cache the missile trail particles, which it shouldn't.

Hopefully turning this off will help, give it a try and see if it helps.

it also looks like the networking has gone multi threaded, if so ccp should really add an option to tone it back.

Hmm my resource cache is on and I had 7 fps after this update.
I stepped down my texture quality to medium left resource cache on and my fps went back up to 60 fps.
So not quite sure how that resource cache works?
BleedingAngl
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2012-06-25 22:14:24 UTC  |  Edited by: BleedingAngl
still requesting an off button to the 'feature' - unified inventory

since the patch the unified inventory gone back to lagging when looting all and moving mass amounts of items between characters

Phiad Aurilen
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#103 - 2012-06-25 22:22:29 UTC
No issues with the GFX here, from what I've seen soo far it seems a bit more slick.

Just a thought as a techie. To all those with graphics/frame rate issues could you share the following info :-

1. What Graphics Card you have, include memory amount & driver version.
2. What resolution are you playing Eve at.
3. What CPU you have.
4. What operating system you're using.

With the above info included we can possibly spot a pattern as to who's having issues & why.

Myself I have :-

1. ATI HD4890 Black Edition. - 1gb - 12.4 Catalyst.
2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.
4. Win 7 64 bit Ultimate.
Hammer Crendraven
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2012-06-25 22:32:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hammer Crendraven
Phiad Aurilen wrote:
No issues with the GFX here, from what I've seen soo far it seems a bit more slick.

Just a thought as a techie. To all those with graphics/frame rate issues could you share the following info :-

3. What CPU you have.

With the above info included we can possibly spot a pattern as to who's having issues & why.

2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.

Curious are you experiencing longer load times for inventory windows? Or when opening the market window?
Or when looting wrecks when the inventory opens? Wondering if it is graphics related or not.

Because I did get my fps back up to 60 fps but still have delays when using inventory related stuff. And it does not show up on the fps monitor. My fps does not take a hit when I open these windows. But the delay is still there. And it was not before this patch.
Flittoff
Rum Rebels
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#105 - 2012-06-25 23:07:09 UTC
Ever since Inferno has been deployed I have been unable to get my Second Mac client to use a different set of preferences.
I follow the directions on this page http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Multiple_clients section 3.1 on how to duplicate the client and edit the preferences lines as suggested only to find the launcher does a rebuild with no download and changes them back to the original folder "eveonline". This occurs whether I try to use an existing prefs folder or a new one.

It's not really causing any great difficulty other than the clients don't remember the correct account name. Cry
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2012-06-25 23:07:17 UTC
Phiad Aurilen wrote:

3. What CPU you have.

2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.

Most if not all of this stuff is captured by the in-game bug reporting tool. Make sure to submit bug reports (it is really easy) so that CCP has this information.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

Mystical Martha
Tax Dodge Corp 000000000000
#107 - 2012-06-25 23:25:59 UTC
I'm seeing a pattern in the posts claiming performance issues - everyone claiming to be having problems mentions a pre-patch framerate of 60, suggesting that the interval setting may have something to do with the problem. I am not having any problems running multiple (2+) clients after patching - overall framerate is down perhaps 10-15% compared to prepatch, but all active clients are playable (and are all simultaneously in space), without changing any graphics settings (all clients are set to high detail, HDR and postprocessing off, low AA).

No, this isn't because I'm running some kind of godly gaming rig - my hardware's actually on the aging side. Running an Intel core 2 quad Q9450 on a P45 motherboard with ATI HD5850 video and 8GB DDR2 ram.

Anyone having problems, try setting "Present Interval" to "interval immediate" in the display & graphics options, and see if it solves the problem (or at least makes the game playable).
slasher99
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2012-06-25 23:37:12 UTC
Every time I open the launcher it trys to update and I get stuck at 34.1 percent with an exception thrown. It still lets me play so that's cool.

Exception during UpdaterModule.Update
Traceback (most recent call last):

Anyone else getting this? I submitted a bug report, still waiting on response.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#109 - 2012-06-25 23:38:27 UTC
Mystical Martha wrote:
I'm seeing a pattern in the posts claiming performance issues - everyone claiming to be having problems mentions a pre-patch framerate of 60, suggesting that the interval setting may have something to do with the problem. I am not having any problems running multiple (2+) clients after patching - overall framerate is down perhaps 10-15% compared to prepatch, but all active clients are playable (and are all simultaneously in space), without changing any graphics settings (all clients are set to high detail, HDR and postprocessing off, low AA).

No, this isn't because I'm running some kind of godly gaming rig - my hardware's actually on the aging side. Running an Intel core 2 quad Q9450 on a P45 motherboard with ATI HD5850 video and 8GB DDR2 ram.

Anyone having problems, try setting "Present Interval" to "interval immediate" in the display & graphics options, and see if it solves the problem (or at least makes the game playable).

No change.

Also no change whether I have resource cache enabled or disabled.

Also no change whether I have high graphics or low.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

nardaq
Orion Expeditions
#110 - 2012-06-25 23:50:42 UTC
I can tell u its not the hardware, its the client.

I've bought a GTX680 mid april witch had basically the same FPS on the ATI 4890 i had before.

Buld 365966 on April 26 fixed the FPS and also the high CPU/kernel load
60 FPS on each client u bring to front, no problemo Big smile

Buld 390556 from today's patch it got reversed again whatever it was. I really hope a DEV can look into this because i don't want to play in 20fps again
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#111 - 2012-06-25 23:51:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Screen goes black

- undock
- click overview item (planet, etc)
- open map view
- close map view
- click overview item
- repeat.......

OR

undock, click a few overview items -- jump through a gate....

Background screen will go black

This is a sev 1 for me, game is unplayable like this. bug 139534
Spar Jamlamin
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#112 - 2012-06-25 23:57:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Spar Jamlamin
Absolutely horrendous FPS drops and lag at a POS with tons of modules and ships or also at a customs office (only two places I can test).

Here's my FPS graph when warping out of a POS, which seems to go back to normal mid-warp or floating in EMTPY space.

http://cl.ly/Hdbi

FPS graph floating inside POS with FPS issues, then hitting escape for the settings menu. I can literally spike the FPS by hitting escape.

http://cl.ly/HdJJ

Edit: Multiple clients drops FPS by 50%. So instead of 9 I get 3-4 FPS. Amazing how everything was fine a day ago.
GreenSeed
#113 - 2012-06-26 00:48:07 UTC
Phiad Aurilen wrote:

3. What CPU you have.

2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.

it has been already stated multiple times already, the framerate does not come with and increased load on the VGA, so the drop is due to some other process the client is running on the CPU. be it sound, some script, or whatever.

if anything increases load on the VGA, most people runnig mutiple clients will notice right away. thats not whats happening here, as ppl with only one client are also having the same problem.
Mr Kidd
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2012-06-26 01:26:11 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
Phiad Aurilen wrote:

3. What CPU you have.

2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.

it has been already stated multiple times already, the framerate does not come with and increased load on the VGA, so the drop is due to some other process the client is running on the CPU. be it sound, some script, or whatever.

if anything increases load on the VGA, most people runnig mutiple clients will notice right away. thats not whats happening here, as ppl with only one client are also having the same problem.

Confirmed, Eve is completely utilizing available cycles on one core of my system.

The slowdown is due to bottlenecking at the CPU, not the GPU.

Don't ban me, bro!

Hammer Crendraven
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2012-06-26 01:42:05 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
Phiad Aurilen wrote:

3. What CPU you have.

2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.

Confirmed, Eve is completely utilizing available cycles on one core of my system.

The slowdown is due to bottlenecking at the CPU, not the GPU.

Ok and yet when I step down texture quality from high to medium this load goes away. For me anyway.
So now we have it isolated to an area of the program. Something in the high textures causes it.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#116 - 2012-06-26 01:53:53 UTC
Hammer Crendraven wrote:
Ok and yet when I step down texture quality from high to medium this load goes away. For me anyway.
So now we have it isolated to an area of the program. Something in the high textures causes it.

No. I get this issue regardless of graphics settings.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Spar Jamlamin
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#117 - 2012-06-26 02:51:13 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Hammer Crendraven wrote:

No. I get this issue regardless of graphics settings.

Confirmed, graphics settings do nothing. The only thing that's helped very moderately is turning EVERYTHING off in brackets and overview. Which is absolutely ridiculous and still unplayable.
Hammer Crendraven
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-06-26 03:01:25 UTC
You guys have a much different problem than I do.
Spar Jamlamin
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#119 - 2012-06-26 03:31:38 UTC
If it's a CPU issue then of course a single client would feel the pain. 2 clients would be even worse, which is EXACTLY what I'm experiencing. If I can't run two clients I'm closing both accounts... it's pretty simple. The client is broken.

GreenSeed wrote:
Phiad Aurilen wrote:

3. What CPU you have.

2. 1600x1200.
3. AMD P2 X4 965 @ 4gHz.

Null Interface
Saints Among Sinners
#120 - 2012-06-26 03:48:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Null Interface
I see that CCP has cracked the the deep and enigmatic mysteries of Win 7 Pro 64-bit and finally got the launcher to do more than just max one core while (politely) munching all of 1MB of RAM. Prior, I just ran ExeFile.exe directly and repair.exe every time a patch came out. Curiously, prior to inferno and the launcher, I had no issues with the client.

Patch was successfully installed with the repair tool. Launched exefile, client said version OK, logged in and got so far as to preparing bulk data when it insta-crashed to desktop. Re-ran repair tool - indicated client OK. Launched exefile, same deal. Decided to open the launcher to discover that it works, it took about 5 minutes to verify the client, re-launch, failed. Re-opened client, reset cache, re-launched, same error. Re-launched client, reset all settings, same problem.

Dekstop: Win 7 pro 64 / i5 750 2.67GHZ / 4GB RAM / Radeon 5800

I've got the bandwidth to re-download the client, but that's an inconvenience I'd rather not have to deal with since I doubt it's going to really solve the problem.

Curiously - save for the massive performance disparity - the client updates itself so much better on my netbook (Win 7 home / Atom D525 / 2GB RAM/Nvidia ION). Not that the netbook is good for much beyond logging in for skill queue updates.

EDIT 1: Re-naming the folder then re-installing did nothing What?. Since I can't download an installer directly, I'm munching another ~5GB to snag the client again after doing a formal uninstall then superstitious reboot, will probably not have any more time to putz with it since even at 5.10 MB/s it takes time to download + time to unpack/install...

EDIT 2: The superstitious uninstall/reboot dance had no effect. Running the launcher in safe mode had no effect. Not sure where to find the app logs ... nothing too interesting/exciting in the launcher logs. Out of time tonight, really disappointed with whatever the hell that CCP changed with Inferno 1.0 that broke the client for me.