These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Paradise

Author
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#1 - 2012-06-26 00:05:11 UTC
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-06-26 00:29:50 UTC
Except the ISD in paradise goes around closing the padlocks on things that should by rights be open.

Dodixie > Hek

Sidious Lord
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-06-26 00:34:52 UTC
So many bullcrap threads lately. I'm so glad we have moderators on these boards.

Do you guys have nothing better to do with your lives than spamming all over the EVE community?

ElQuirko, you have posted in every single one of these locked for spam threads. You do realize that you are revealing your immaturity and immense childishness to a large part of New Eden's population here?

Forever faithful to the Royal Amarr Institute

Malacath Azaria
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2012-06-26 00:37:34 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:
So many bullcrap threads lately. I'm so glad we have moderators on these boards.

Do you guys have nothing better to do with your lives than spamming all over the EVE community?

ElQuirko, you have posted in every single one of these locked for spam threads. You do realize that you are revealing your immaturity and immense childishness to a large part of New Eden's population here?

Poster clearly does not understand the reasons behind this movement, or has head buried in sand. Let us pray for this poor soul.
Sidious Lord
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-06-26 00:43:58 UTC
Malacath Azaria wrote:

Poster clearly does not understand the reasons behind this movement, or has head buried in sand. Let us pray for this poor soul.

Reasons are irrelevant. Being right about something doesn't justify childish whining and other obnoxious behavior. Besides, I actually happen to know the reason behind this "I'm a kindergarten brat"-movement, and it's a minor offense towards the EVE community compared to this stupidity some of you are participating in here.

Embarrassing indeed.

Malacath Azaria
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-06-26 00:45:23 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:
Malacath Azaria wrote:

Reasons are irrelevant. Being right about something doesn't justify childish whining and other obnoxious behavior. Besides, I actually happen to know the reason behind this "I'm a kindergarten brat"-movement, and it's a minor offense towards the EVE community compared to this stupidity some of you are participating in here.

Embarrassing indeed.

Please refrain from personal attacks on the forums, or you may be subjected to a Stenssoring.
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#7 - 2012-06-26 00:53:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Cloned S0ul
Sidious Lord wrote:
Malacath Azaria wrote:

Embarrassing indeed.

No difirence betwen childish or mature behavoiur while we posting, some theards are locked even they serious, so what to do ? people are desperate... In last month i see a lot decend and good therads with like few sites, and they locked just becuse some people start troling other or they move to offtopic themes, while OP and like 70% answers got still good quality and they serious. In some cases here no time to replay some good posts or discuss with somone becuse of lock.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#8 - 2012-06-26 00:56:36 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:
Malacath Azaria wrote:

Embarrassing indeed.

Personal attacks on other posters are against the forum rules.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Sidious Lord
Doomheim
#9 - 2012-06-26 01:06:30 UTC
Cloned S0ul wrote:
In last month i see a lot decend and good therads with like few sites, and they locked just becuse some people start troling other or they move to offtopic themes, while OP and like 70% answers got still good quality and they serious. In some cases here no time to replay some good posts or discuss with somone becuse of lock.

You have my full sympathy, and such events should not occur. And addressing it should indeed be done. If it's not allowed on a public forum, other channels must be utilized. However, opening pointless spam threads like Ruby Porto and ElQuirko seems to entertain themselves with, doesn't help in any way. If anything, it pisses off the moderators, which becomes even less tolerant and even more on the alert for threads that needs locking.

I'm part of the community too, and would rather have one thread too many locked than seeing a couple of immature whiners taking a stinky dump all over the community forums.

Sidious Lord
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-06-26 01:10:10 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

Indeed they are. Though I wouldn't take your word for it, as previous threads have shown your general lack of understanding of the forum rules. I do appreciate your genuine concern for me possibly getting banned, but I will by all likelihood confer with other sources concerning forum rules before I turn to you.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#11 - 2012-06-26 01:17:16 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Indeed they are. Though I wouldn't take your word for it, as previous threads have shown your general lack of understanding of the forum rules. I do appreciate your genuine concern for me possibly getting banned, but I will by all likelihood confer with other sources concerning forum rules before I turn to you.

The glorious struggle against censorship shall not end.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#12 - 2012-06-26 01:20:50 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:

Nice troll

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#13 - 2012-06-26 02:57:46 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:
I'm part of the community too, and would rather have one thread too many locked than seeing a couple of immature whiners taking a stinky dump all over the community forums.

From what I gather, one too many threads locked wasn't the issue. It seemed more like 200. There is a line somewhere between moderation and repression, and today it seems to have been toed at the very least.
Mons Pubis Giganticus
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-06-26 19:37:11 UTC
i hear they have cheeseburgers in paradise