These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Minmatar V3 on SISI.

First post First post
Author
Lili Lu
#101 - 2012-06-20 22:50:27 UTC
It seems whoever is directing the art department has something against the classic Minmatar wingy bits. Watch out Tempest, you're probably the worst offender in their eyes.

The Vaga is a Thukker Mix vessel. But apparently this Fin-icide is not limited to any particular manufacturer. I most miss the lack of shark fin shaped wingy bits on the Boundless Creation ships. Particularly the Hound. No dorsal fin makes me Sad

We have already lost the wonderful rich greens on Gallente ships, the wonderful gold on Amarr, black on Khanid, and bright red trim with Carthum Conglomerate. Next it appears is losing character on Minmatar ships.

Please stop this CCP and restore character to our ships.
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#102 - 2012-06-21 16:29:45 UTC
Lili Lu wrote:
It seems whoever is directing the art department has something against the classic Minmatar wingy bits. Watch out Tempest, you're probably the worst offender in their eyes.

The Vaga is a Thukker Mix vessel. But apparently this Fin-icide is not limited to any particular manufacturer. I most miss the lack of shark fin shaped wingy bits on the Boundless Creation ships. Particularly the Hound. No dorsal fin makes me Sad

We have already lost the wonderful rich greens on Gallente ships, the wonderful gold on Amarr, black on Khanid, and bright red trim with Carthum Conglomerate. Next it appears is losing character on Minmatar ships.

Please stop this CCP and restore character to our ships.

Khanid ships are still black.

The minmatar ships are likely due for a redesign soon, which is why they didn't bother putting in much more effort. Gal ships were never "rich" green except for the ghastly old creo-drone ships. The Old amarr wasn't gold, it was **** yellow and it looked terrible.

So, I disagree on much of this, but mainly wanted to put in the comment about some minnie ships needing to be remodeled.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2012-06-21 17:29:54 UTC
CCP Huskarl wrote:
Hey Rust lovers

I just wanted to let you know that I agree with those of you who think that the new Minmatar color looks too "tan" and not the nice deep rust tone that most of us like. We can however not fix this before Inferno 1.1

The color of the ships is done mostly in our engine .This give us more options and control over variations but it also tends make colors a little more monotone. We are aware of this and looking into ways to improve on it

Is this the same issue with the Amarr ships? Hope you guys have it as a high priority as there are a lot of upset people
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#104 - 2012-06-22 00:46:55 UTC
Am i the only one who things the new Amarr gold is a lot better on the eyes?

Maybe its a difference between monitors or something but i think they all look great.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Aldeb Haraz
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#105 - 2012-06-22 02:11:56 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

Maybe its a difference between monitors or something but i think they all look great.

I do like the new Amarr t1 look a lot more than the old ones, and a lot more than the bright, shiny yellow legion skins.

However, some of the t2 skins, specifically the Viziam models look really bland. For example, the sentinel looks almost identical to the t1 crucifier; it has lost all the differentiating features that made it a sentinel.
Nagarythe Tinurandir
Einheit X-6
Ushra'Khan
#106 - 2012-06-22 09:29:57 UTC
Aldeb Haraz wrote:
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

I do like the new Amarr t1 look a lot more than the old ones, and a lot more than the bright, shiny yellow legion skins.

However, some of the t2 skins, specifically the Viziam models look really bland. For example, the sentinel looks almost identical to the t1 crucifier; it has lost all the differentiating features that made it a sentinel.

on fan fest and in the video with the white board linked in a post above you can see that the crucifier/sentinel is due for a remake.
(concept arts from fan fest looked amazing). i guess thy just made the old one with low effort and focussed on the new one.
Jiji Hamin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2012-06-22 16:20:12 UTC
Garviel Tarrant wrote:

i agree that the new amarr look fantastic and these whiners need to quit it about them being too dark. they are gorgeous. that's not to say that everything is perfect. put wings on the vaga? definitely.
Goumeka Ghalvia
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2012-06-25 19:57:53 UTC
Vagabond's missing the wings. No more angry dragon, just an old snake that needs a new dental plan.
Green is gone. We miss the green. Green and rust was sexy. Jaguar, Cheetah and so many others!
Overall the style looks too clean, too polished and too cartoon-ish (Firetail is a prime example) for a race that flies ships built at a Junkyard.
Goodbye Minmatar, you formally sexy beasts.
Ottersmacker
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#109 - 2012-06-25 20:38:40 UTC
ah f-, i can't believe you've done this

i just locked an open door.. strange, yet symbolically compelling.

Krell Kroenen
The Devil's Shadow
#110 - 2012-06-25 23:14:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Krell Kroenen
Over all me and my corp mates on a whole feel that the majority of the changes are a downgrade. Roll Espeically the Vagabond losing it's ears and the T1 ships just look like tin toys painted with high enamal paint. Some of the T2's look decent but not worth the gutting of the others.
Sidious Lord
Doomheim
#111 - 2012-06-25 23:36:25 UTC
I think the new V3 Minnie ships are awesome. Especially the T2 versions, but also T1 ships. Good job, CCP! Cool Removing the lizard wings on the Vagabond was a mistake though.

Forever faithful to the Royal Amarr Institute

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#112 - 2012-06-26 02:05:48 UTC
"Overall the style looks too clean, too polished and too cartoon-ish (Firetail is a prime example) for a race that flies ships built at a Junkyard."

Rust_ish

HTFU in rust we trust they just look moar better ...t2 on the other hand is sad imho but that's another thread.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Jon Joringer
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2012-06-26 13:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jon Joringer
I'm split on the Minmatar V3 treatment. Some ships, like the Cyclone, Bellicose and Slasher look pretty great (though could still use a bit more of a red tint as opposed to the cardboard brown). However, other ships, like the Hurricane, Stabber and Breacher look awful -- they're entirely too bright and are too plain looking.

Other notes:

Thukker 'snow camo' look seems too caldari (perhaps that's because I'm basing this opinion off of my Cheetah which is already kind of caldari-esque blocky.

Seb tribe ships are just too dark for my taste.

Brutor tribe ships look fine.

Republic Fleet ships are a travesty. The old color scheme was great -- those dingy green and oranges. Now it's just dark and dull.
Ravcharas
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#114 - 2012-06-26 15:15:48 UTC
The Core Complexion line is, with the exception of windows, black on black with occasional dark grey highlights. Impossible to make out any structural detail.
Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2012-06-26 16:31:58 UTC
Zorba,

If you are still reading this, can you comment on the direction of the color changes that seem to be taking place?