These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

HI-SEC PIRACY: what kills indys in one shot?

Author
w3Asl3
House of Trifault
#1 - 2012-06-23 19:10:54 UTC
hello,
im looking for your best ideas on a ship and load out that kills industrials in one shot.

right now im starting out with a thrasher and arty.

as my skill level increases im hoping to hit industrials.

thanx
TEABO BAGGINS
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-06-23 19:22:47 UTC
w3Asl3 wrote:
hello,
im looking for your best ideas on a ship and load out that kills industrials in one shot.

thanx

i vote tornado
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-06-23 19:26:26 UTC
For alpha (one volley), arty tornado is pretty much the only way to go.
w3Asl3
House of Trifault
#4 - 2012-06-23 20:39:06 UTC  |  Edited by: w3Asl3
i just salvaged a tornado with 1400's in it. killed a mammoth in one shot.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-06-24 00:22:02 UTC
Depends on the indy, a well tanked Impel is taking any damage you can dish out with a smile. Otherwise Arty Tornado Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#6 - 2012-06-24 08:22:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
If you really want to one-shot ships, here is a suggestion: skip industrials.

I recall a suicide gank from some time ago where a fellow with a arty BS (or it might have been a BC like a Hurricane - not sure) one-shotted a Tengu that was pulling up on a station while low in armor or nearly into structure.

This had to be over a year ago.

It's because of that one time that whenever I go to a station with my Federation Navy Comet low in its primary tank (armor), I don't hesitate to get docked up fast lest someone will show up here bragging about their faction-frigate-with-rookie-ship kill at my expense. Oops

Think about it.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Sleepy The Dwarf
Space Wizards.
Tactical Narcotics Team
#7 - 2012-06-24 20:02:06 UTC
a nado or bs can one shot a tengu if its hardners are off and ganker is good at his job. as far as t1 haulers nado does job everytime. but you need to be set right proper range and transversal is what makes an arty shooter effective learn to scan fast and react fast. and you will get some good kills. if you do go for tengues bring a mate 2 nados just incase to insure a good kill and those sweet bil isk drops
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-06-24 22:32:22 UTC
Sleepy The Dwarf wrote:
a nado or bs can one shot a tengu if its hardners are off and ganker is good at his job. as far as t1 haulers nado does job everytime. but you need to be set right proper range and transversal is what makes an arty shooter effective learn to scan fast and react fast. and you will get some good kills. if you do go for tengues bring a mate 2 nados just incase to insure a good kill and those sweet bil isk drops

Tracking enhancers work wonders for that too

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Drunein
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2012-06-24 22:51:33 UTC
w3Asl3 wrote:
hello,

thanx

Time's up son. Go back to WoW.
w3Asl3
House of Trifault
#10 - 2012-06-25 02:45:17 UTC  |  Edited by: w3Asl3
Time's up son. Go back to WoW. [/quote]

first off i aint your son.

second point i aint never played wow. (have you?)

third point time aint up til the fat lady sings and i got my hearing aids out....

sides that ive been puzzling on the arty and the movement that sleepy was talking about. i tried my thrasher on some test ships, noobs and shuttles and i could alpha them when standing still, but when i actually hit a shuttle moving fast different ball game. i find it a challenge to be in a position to keep ships heading to gate in optimal range. i figured out positioning on that part. i also was focused on max damage using gyros and collision accels. now my new ship has two collision accels and two tracking enhancers. im using 250 tech 1 arties, but im wondering if it would be better to use 280's instead. btw, i appreciate all the input and thanks.

p.s. players sure get nasty and insulted when u scan them. i think they feel violated. lol
Drunein
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#11 - 2012-06-25 03:26:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Drunein
w3Asl3 wrote:
Drunein wrote:
Time's up son. Go back to WoW.

first off i aint your son.

second point i aint never played wow. (have you?)

third point time aint up til the fat lady sings and i got my hearing aids out....

sides that ive been puzzling on the arty and the movement that sleepy was talking about. i tried my thrasher on some test ships, noobs and shuttles and i could alpha them when standing still, but when i actually hit a shuttle moving fast different ball game. i find it a challenge to be in a position to keep ships heading to gate in optimal range. i figured out positioning on that part. i also was focused on max damage using gyros and collision accels. now my new ship has two collision accels and two tracking enhancers. im using 250 tech 1 arties, but im wondering if it would be better to use 280's instead. btw, i appreciate all the input and thanks.

p.s. players sure get nasty and insulted when u scan them. i think they feel violated. lol

I was going to read this, but my IQ dropped 10 points when I noticed your inability to quote.

However - I took the extra second to fix it for you.
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-06-25 04:11:26 UTC
The bigger the gun the higher the alpha damage but the slower the tracking speed.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-06-25 13:50:44 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
If you really want to one-shot ships, here is a suggestion: skip industrials.

I recall a suicide gank from some time ago where a fellow with a arty BS (or it might have been a BC like a Hurricane - not sure) one-shotted a Tengu that was pulling up on a station while low in armor or nearly into structure.

This had to be over a year ago.

It's because of that one time that whenever I go to a station with my Federation Navy Comet low in its primary tank (armor), I don't hesitate to get docked up fast lest someone will show up here bragging about their faction-frigate-with-rookie-ship kill at my expense. Oops

Think about it.

That sounds fun.

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

Tastes Like Lobster
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-06-25 18:13:44 UTC
Drunein wrote:

I was going to read this, but my IQ dropped 10 points when I noticed your inability to quote.

Impossible. You can't have a negative IQ.

Jones Bones
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#15 - 2012-06-25 18:45:59 UTC
Use Tornado. Find a pipe system (only 2 gates) between two major trade hubs. Set yourself up at your optimal directly "behind" the gate, opposite the target's out gate. When they initiate warp to the next gate they'll have low transversal from you which typically leads to full damage hits.
Betrinna Cantis
#16 - 2012-06-25 20:40:58 UTC
w3Asl3 wrote:
hello,

thanx

CONCORD

Alts have been changed to protect the Innocent. You may have mistaken me for someone who cares.....

w3Asl3
House of Trifault
#17 - 2012-06-26 18:33:31 UTC
thanks for all the good ideas. now its time to experiment. dangerous flying everyone.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2012-06-26 20:58:39 UTC
No need to oneshot an industrial, really ... -.-

... you can use autocannons too!

*badatish*

w3Asl3
House of Trifault
#19 - 2012-06-27 22:41:10 UTC  |  Edited by: w3Asl3
Jones Bones wrote:
Use Tornado. Find a pipe system (only 2 gates) between two major trade hubs. Set yourself up at your optimal directly "behind" the gate, opposite the target's out gate. When they initiate warp to the next gate they'll have low transversal from you which typically leads to full damage hits.

thanks for the advice jones...got my first kill today by being behind the ship. appreciate it. using thrasher right now still training for tornado.
Janus Varg
Smoke Jaguars
#20 - 2012-06-28 02:39:49 UTC
I've never bothered suicide ganking but... why industrials? Do people really carry around small items with huge pricetags in those, or are you okay with fetching a huge load of cargo with an industrial of your own?

I would have figured small quick ships would be more likely to carry ideal items, besides mission ships which are actually fit out with the stuff you want to grab. Guess it would be easy enough to figure out with a scanner and an hour in Jita though. Save a bit of money if there did turn out to be plenty of valuables in tiny ships...
12Next page