These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Why do people keep doing this?

Author
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#1 - 2011-10-07 18:13:35 UTC
Our beloved griefsmith Shai'Hulud enjoys sitting on the warp-in to Jita 4-4. It's a good place to sit, relax, and watch people. Busy little people, milling to and fro. People on the last leg of their long, arduous journey; people laden heavy with trade goods and sundry needful things, eager to empty their holds onto the busiest market in New Eden.

Imagine being this poor chap. We're not sure where he came from, or where he was bringing those 50 PLEX from. But imagine it... you've traveled for so long, braved the suicide gankers on Peri/Jita gate, managed to warp to the station unnoticed... and then... scant milliseconds before you dock to safety... there we are.

Thanks for all the game time, CeoBer!
Shai 'Hulud
#2 - 2011-10-07 18:21:48 UTC
With this influx of free game time, all corps may want to suspend recruiting activities indefinitely. GHSC sleeps no more...

The most useful slaves are those that believe themselves to be free

Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-10-07 18:22:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Drake Draconis
That poor chap must be the most ******** idiot I've seen yet.

Fortiantely the plex survived...someone walked off with a ####ton of ISK/Subscription tmie. Lol

Nice job indeed...wonder if he managed to salvage those plexes succesfully.Pirate

EDIT: Looks like they did. Truely a marvelous culling of foolishness!

EPIC WIN chaps... EPIC WIN!

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

Homo Erectus
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#4 - 2011-10-07 18:31:12 UTC
I WAS THERE
Homo Erectus
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#5 - 2011-10-07 18:31:25 UTC
IT WAS REAL
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#6 - 2011-10-07 18:33:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Great to see you're "back" Ist - you seemed to drop off the race of the earth after your life as a drone.

Why do people do this? Complete inexperience. There's not a chance in hell he would have done that if he was aware of all the things that could go wrong on the way.

Generally they see the game, want to play, but realise this "training skills" and "earning ISK" thing isn't for them, and try to force a shortcut. Even if they don't lose it in a hilarious loss like this, they lose the valuable new player experience somewhat. I've seen a few people who buy ISK(PLEX) in bulk, and I've not seen one that has lasted 6months in the game.

EDIT: tell me you popped wood though, when you saw they had gone ahead and dropped?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Kumq uat
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-07 18:49:05 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Great to see you're "back" Ist - you seemed to drop off the race of the earth after your life as a drone.

Why do people do this? Complete inexperience. There's not a chance in hell he would have done that if he was aware of all the things that could go wrong on the way.

Generally they see the game, want to play, but realise this "training skills" and "earning ISK" thing isn't for them, and try to force a shortcut. Even if they don't lose it in a hilarious loss like this, they lose the valuable new player experience somewhat. I've seen a few people who buy ISK(PLEX) in bulk, and I've not seen one that has lasted 6months in the game.

EDIT: tell me you popped wood though, when you saw they had gone ahead and dropped?

If I recall the term he used in IRC was screamed like a little girl.
Barakkus
#8 - 2011-10-07 18:58:11 UTC
omfg they dropped!!! ******* win!!!!

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

The Mittani
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2011-10-07 19:00:28 UTC
**** and i was just ganking in a thrasher in jita for the first time yesterday, too

come to fanfest this year istvaan we simply must get stupidly drunk together in public

~hi~

battlefar galactica
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2011-10-07 19:06:11 UTC
Not API verified! Source: Manual post

sigh...
Kitty McKitty
In Praise Of Shadows
#11 - 2011-10-07 20:47:04 UTC
battlefar galactica wrote:
Not API verified! Source: Manual post

sigh...

It's GH-SC son, you can trust them with your Granny.

Haviing your portrait painted here helps INTAKI Disabled Children ♥

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#12 - 2011-10-07 21:07:11 UTC
As for what they'll DO to your granny, that's a completely different topic.

If real, nicely done.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2011-10-07 21:20:13 UTC
Yeah, if I was going to get 50 PLEX to sell at Jita I'd buy them while docked there. If for some reason I'd need to transport 50 PLEX (I don't see a reason, I been playing Eve a little longer than a week) I'd do it one at a time in a very well tanked Impel.

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#14 - 2011-10-07 21:55:36 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Ah, I love this game far too much to quit forever. I might take breaks to preserve what's left of my sanity, but I'll be here as long as the server's up.

Khanh'rhh wrote:

It wasn't my kill, it was Shai's. I'm just doing PR like usual. That said, I did pop a boner-by-proxy. A vicarious boner if you will.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2011-10-07 22:28:19 UTC
Istvaan Shogaatsu wrote:

It wasn't my kill, it was Shai's. I'm just doing PR like usual. That said, I did pop a boner-by-proxy. A vicarious boner if you will.

I'm not sure I'd appreciate someone stealing my boner Straight

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Ashley Sky
Silent Scourge
#16 - 2011-10-08 03:23:16 UTC
Winning EVE by point and click. All too easy. HWAHAHAHAAHAa.
Jovan Geldon
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2011-10-08 03:42:46 UTC
The Mittani wrote:
**** and i was just ganking in a thrasher in jita for the first time yesterday, too

come to fanfest this year istvaan we simply must get stupidly drunk together in public

It'd be a nice step up from Tyrrax Thork's "But *I'M* the CEO of GHSC, waaaaah" episode last year, that's for sure
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#18 - 2011-10-08 03:48:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Nathan Jameson
Compared to this, the 74 Plexes in a Kestrel guy seems halfways competent. At least he was in a fast-moving frigate.

http://www.wormholes.info

Mohr Cowbell
KarmaFleet University
#19 - 2011-10-08 05:52:58 UTC
I'm relieved, because I had something else in mind when I saw this thread topic.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2011-10-08 06:06:30 UTC
Mohr Cowbell wrote:
I'm relieved, because I had something else in mind when I saw this thread topic.

Please tell us!

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

123Next pageLast page