These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Proposal] Viceroyalty

Author
Bo Kantrel
GETCO
#1 - 2011-10-07 04:35:42 UTC
Repost from the old forums.

Whater ever happened to the idea of Viceroyalty mentioned in the "On The Drawingboard"
section?

For those who don't remember, here is a brief recap.

Viceroyalty
Viceroyalties are systems in low security Empire space which are administered by a player Viceroy, on behalf of their corporation or alliance. They will allow you to both turn a better profit and defend your chosen system from pirates, and act as both a way to populate low-sec space and an easier first step on the road to 0.0.

Something that will change low-sec.

Would like to see this idea re-visited.
Goose99
#2 - 2011-10-07 04:55:10 UTC
Bo Kantrel wrote:
Repost from the old forums.

Whater ever happened to the idea of Viceroyalty mentioned in the "On The Drawingboard"
section?

For those who don't remember, here is a brief recap.

Viceroyalty
Viceroyalties are systems in low security Empire space which are administered by a player Viceroy, on behalf of their corporation or alliance. They will allow you to both turn a better profit and defend your chosen system from pirates, and act as both a way to populate low-sec space and an easier first step on the road to 0.0.

Something that will change low-sec.

Would like to see this idea re-visited.

Sov null alliances will stump them out for lulz
Lucius Arcturus
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#3 - 2011-10-07 18:18:04 UTC
Bo Kantrel wrote:

While I would like to see new, innovative content in lowsec, I'm not sure that making it more like null is the answer.
Dro Nee
#4 - 2011-10-08 02:30:28 UTC
Would make more sense in NPC 0.0 than lowsec
Laechyd Eldgorn
Avanto
Hole Control
#5 - 2011-10-08 07:14:49 UTC
there's no need for any kind of solar system control in low sec or npc 0.0
Adunh Slavy
#6 - 2011-10-09 07:22:42 UTC
Yes I would like to see this implemented.

Some particular details I'd like to see are,

Allow the Viceroyalty holder to shoot first in their systems - will not result in a global criminal flag or sec status hit. Except in cases where the target is a member of FW militia of the faction that controls the system.

0.0 Sov holders may not have any Viceroyalty, Viceroys may not have any 0.0 Sov

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt