These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What if Disband of Brothers never happened?

Author
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#61 - 2012-04-18 15:15:21 UTC
Sellendis wrote:
Infiltration part is always funny.
If someone gives you their house keys, and you use them, is that infiltrating? No. Breaking and entering? Still no.

Not that i give a damn about BoB or GSF, but politics and campaigns at that time were interesting.

OTOH, what happened to SirMolle? RageQuit or got tired?


Ragequit after losing 5 Titans. He plays TOR now.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Sellendis
The Ares project
#62 - 2012-04-18 17:47:36 UTC
Would be a riot if goons got there to make his life (and new corp/whatever) hell again :)

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#63 - 2012-04-18 17:49:13 UTC
Sellendis wrote:
Would be a riot if goons got there to make his life (and new corp/whatever) hell again :)



The problem with that is TOR is an unironically terrible game. Eve is more fun.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Hrothgar Nilsson
#64 - 2012-06-24 03:54:16 UTC
Sellendis wrote:
Infiltration part is always funny.
If someone gives you their house keys, and you use them, is that infiltrating? No. Breaking and entering? Still no.

Not that i give a damn about BoB or GSF, but politics and campaigns at that time were interesting.

OTOH, what happened to SirMolle? RageQuit or got tired?

Well Evolution is still quite active (SirMolle's corp). They're currently active in Etherium Reach and bordering regions.

I think they're based out of low-sec POSes.

Yes, a necropost, and you're welcome.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#65 - 2012-06-24 04:06:50 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Degren wrote:
I have a feeling less people would be playing


Now this is an interesting response. Why would less people be playing?

Because of all the people that joined up because of the story of the disband? I know I probably wouldn't be playing if it weren't for that.


I think more would be cause perpetuum wouldnt exist

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#66 - 2012-06-24 04:38:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Degren wrote:
I have a feeling less assholes would be playing


Fixed.

E:

Eternum Praetorian wrote:
Most of us are so sick to death of null sec, goon(dot) and BOB(dot) that I think the mystique is gone forever. No one really gives a **** anymore TBFH.


And, ^^this.^^

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#67 - 2012-06-24 04:42:36 UTC
Talk about thread necromancy.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#68 - 2012-06-24 04:44:11 UTC
Something else would have killed them. Perhaps right now the big bad guys would be the NC or perhaps even the cesspool that was 2010 Venal would have infested a large part of spaceShocked
Jimmy Gunsmythe
Sebiestor Tribe
#69 - 2012-06-24 04:49:23 UTC
Ocih wrote:
It would look pretty much the same as does right now.

BoB was never a conquest Alliance. The stayed in Delve and were happy to be there. BoB was destroyed because of epeen envy. The people who took them apart didnt want what they had, they just didnt want them to have it.


BoB was a vision of the future of Eve. Boring, maintaining a status quo. Whatever is happening now, BoB more or less did it first. So essentially, it's like BoB is still around, just without the name.

John Hancock

Tri Vetra
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2012-06-24 04:56:17 UTC
haargoth was a bad poster but he was in the process of becoming better
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#71 - 2012-06-24 05:00:22 UTC
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Ocih wrote:
It would look pretty much the same as does right now.

BoB was never a conquest Alliance. The stayed in Delve and were happy to be there. BoB was destroyed because of epeen envy. The people who took them apart didnt want what they had, they just didnt want them to have it.


BoB was a vision of the future of Eve. Boring, maintaining a status quo. Whatever is happening now, BoB more or less did it first. So essentially, it's like BoB is still around, just without the name.


I have to assume, based on this post, that you have an idea for eve different from how it is now. Care to enlighten the class?

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#72 - 2012-06-24 05:18:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Antisocial Malkavian
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Ocih wrote:
It would look pretty much the same as does right now.

BoB was never a conquest Alliance. The stayed in Delve and were happy to be there. BoB was destroyed because of epeen envy. The people who took them apart didnt want what they had, they just didnt want them to have it.


BoB was a vision of the future of Eve. Boring, maintaining a status quo. Whatever is happening now, BoB more or less did it first. So essentially, it's like BoB is still around, just without the name.



Yeah cause Goons are so incredibly different lol

Lapine Davion wrote:
Jimmy Gunsmythe wrote:
Ocih wrote:
It would look pretty much the same as does right now.

BoB was never a conquest Alliance. The stayed in Delve and were happy to be there. BoB was destroyed because of epeen envy. The people who took them apart didnt want what they had, they just didnt want them to have it.


BoB was a vision of the future of Eve. Boring, maintaining a status quo. Whatever is happening now, BoB more or less did it first. So essentially, it's like BoB is still around, just without the name.


I have to assume, based on this post, that you have an idea for eve different from how it is now. Care to enlighten the class?


How about people KILLING ppl.
that destruction engine ppl are always talking about when theyre rationalizing ganking highsec miners.

Or Burn Jita
Or Hulkageddon

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#73 - 2012-06-24 05:30:07 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
I have to assume, based on this post, that you have an idea for eve different from how it is now. Care to enlighten the class?

He has a dream.

"There are no goons."
"The goons 0.0 dream is over."

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Jonni Favorite
Red Slice Enterprise
#74 - 2012-06-24 05:31:53 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
What do you forum people think the current nullsec politik would be like if Band of Brothers had never been disbanded?

We have CFC Blink


Must. Read. Poasts. Slowly.
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#75 - 2012-06-24 05:36:18 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Sellendis wrote:
Infiltration part is always funny.
If someone gives you their house keys, and you use them, is that infiltrating? No. Breaking and entering? Still no.

Not that i give a damn about BoB or GSF, but politics and campaigns at that time were interesting.

OTOH, what happened to SirMolle? RageQuit or got tired?


Ragequit after losing 5 Titans. He plays TOR now.


Man, I wouldnt wish that fate on anyone

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Hrothgar Nilsson
#76 - 2012-06-24 06:48:38 UTC
I bet SirMolle is a quadrillionaire. Five Titans was probably pocket change to him.
Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2012-06-24 07:38:40 UTC
Didn't you know that BOB was over taken by the GOONs in disguise only to re emerge at a later date to throw people off? simple minded GOONs out maneuvered
Bluddwolf
Heimatar Military Industries
#78 - 2012-06-24 11:05:46 UTC
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:
If BoB was never disbanded?
Speculation: After the Sov Bill incident Goons would have been attacked, rolled out of nullsec, and fail cascaded.
They would have come back of course because they are like herpes that way....annoying, permanent, and disgusting, but you learn to deal with it.

TEST would probably never have gotten off the ground and failed after a few months of wanting to be like big brother Goonie but not quite making it.

The NC would still be rulling the north.

PL would own space.

There would be 4 sides of New Eden instead of 3. North, East, South, and West.

But since this is all just speculation I could be waaayyyy off base.



You forgot to mention, at least 2 CCP employees might still have a job. The whole BOB controversy was less to do with the exploits they were using, but that CCP employees were actively helping them do it.

EVE Online Fan ... Looking for "End Game" since 2006 ... Happily, I still havn't found it

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#79 - 2012-06-24 11:08:28 UTC
Bluddwolf wrote:
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:
If BoB was never disbanded?
Speculation: After the Sov Bill incident Goons would have been attacked, rolled out of nullsec, and fail cascaded.
They would have come back of course because they are like herpes that way....annoying, permanent, and disgusting, but you learn to deal with it.

TEST would probably never have gotten off the ground and failed after a few months of wanting to be like big brother Goonie but not quite making it.

The NC would still be rulling the north.

PL would own space.

There would be 4 sides of New Eden instead of 3. North, East, South, and West.

But since this is all just speculation I could be waaayyyy off base.



You forgot to mention, at least 2 CCP employees might still have a job. The whole BOB controversy was less to do with the exploits they were using, but that CCP employees were actively helping them do it.



Did CCP made negawallets and took assets for this? Lol

brb

Mons Pubis Giganticus
Doomheim
#80 - 2012-06-26 04:10:12 UTC
what if there's no heaven? only sky above?