These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Drake and Hurricane rebalancing.

Author
Ashera Yune
Doomheim
#1 - 2012-06-23 22:56:26 UTC
With how extremely common these ships are and how they obsolete many ships i believe these ships need to be readjusted.
Both the Drake and Hurricane are simply too good, they need must readjusted to make players use other ships.
The Myrmidon and Harbinger will remain as they are. They will retain their dronebays due to their racial philosophy.

Drake:
-removal of resistance bonus
-30% EHP reduction
-Removal of dronebay
-1 Midslot
+50% sig radius

Hurricane:
-30% EHP reduction
-Removal of Drone bay
-1 Midslot
+50% sig radius

This will bring the 2 battlecruisers on par with their fellow racial counterparts.

The Drake will be a long range missile ship while the Hurricane will be a gank support ship.

"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth."

Kahlil Gibran

Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-06-23 23:47:16 UTC
notsureifsrs
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#3 - 2012-06-23 23:56:59 UTC
Seems CCP decided to balance cruisers and battlecruisers next winter so, just wait a "little" bit.

Start dreamin about Brutixes able to fit full rack of 250's and actually do some dmg ot Deimos actually become a decent HAC.

I said start dreaming heh, don't push it too far Lol

brb

Belthazor4011
Battle BV Redux
#4 - 2012-06-24 00:04:20 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
notsureifsrs

Can’t be, the suggestions can only be a troll. Well its Saturday, maybe just drunk Lol

Either way I'll just add that I'll use my Myrm vs a Drake or Cane any time. The only one lacking a bit although I still like the ship is the Harby.

Also the Drake is already undergoing chances and will lose its resist bonus in a patch no too long from now. It will be replaced with an ROF bonus aka more DPS less tank.

Also a Drake and a Shield cane already have a signature of medium sized planet no need to add to that.

That and removal of drone bay makes them easy prey to frigs. It be a huge gimp that will make these ships almost useless in PVE and PVP.

And don’t even get me started about the midslot...

Seriously go to bed and sober up and apologize for your post in the morning when you are clear headed again.
Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#5 - 2012-06-24 00:40:39 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
notsureifsrs

+1
Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-06-24 00:41:49 UTC
OP is troll or massive nobrainer.

The "suggestions" are so out of whack, they dont even make sense.
Armeggeda iscariah
Ganja Labs
Exodus.
#7 - 2012-06-24 02:18:44 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Spitfire
Please keep it civil and refrain from personal attacks. Spitfire

Hail Satan.

Marcus Ichiro
IchiCorp
#8 - 2012-06-24 02:30:59 UTC
So the Hurricane is OP yet the Myrmidon isn't?

Oh wow.
Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-06-24 03:44:13 UTC
Marcus Ichiro wrote:

Oh wow.

Mryms are a hell of a lot easier to out run.

People get butthurt over the cane because its pretty farking fast, you used to need a HAC or cruiser to outrun them/keep one pinned down.

Now we have Tier 3s and don't have that issue.

People are still whining about canes? I rarely see them, Oracles, Naga and Tornadoes are usually the roaming hulls, with a side of drake army......as our main FC put it in a mail, "we fly drake yo".

I hate drakes lol
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-06-24 05:20:37 UTC
Onictus wrote:
Marcus Ichiro wrote:

Oh wow.

Mryms are a hell of a lot easier to out run.

People get butthurt over the cane because its pretty farking fast, you used to need a HAC or cruiser to outrun them/keep one pinned down.

Now we have Tier 3s and don't have that issue.

People are still whining about canes? I rarely see them, Oracles, Naga and Tornadoes are usually the roaming hulls, with a side of drake army......as our main FC put it in a mail, "we fly drake yo".

I hate drakes lol

But those are so nice, can't wait for that +5 resist to get removed and get a rof/speed missile instead. Now that will be a very good stuff Lol

brb

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-06-24 05:30:29 UTC
Belthazor4011 wrote:
That and removal of drone bay makes them easy prey to frigs. It be a huge gimp that will make these ships almost useless in PVE and PVP.

If you use missiles you don't need drones. Killing frigs in PVE just takes awhile but it works.
Cane with 425s track spider drones just fine with good skills. Again no need for drones for PVE.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#12 - 2012-06-24 05:56:46 UTC
Didn't we already have one of those "Nerf the Drake!" post this month?

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Mira Lynne
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-24 06:19:20 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Didn't we already have one of those "Nerf the Drake!" post this month?

Yeah, but not Today. You know what they say, 'One a day and CCP will do it to shut up the whiners'

[u]I, too, horse frogs.[/u] Support the Return of Realistic Module Icons! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=114818&find=unread

Constable Chang
#14 - 2012-06-24 08:46:44 UTC
Ashera Yune wrote:
With how extremely common these ships are and how they obsolete many ships i believe these ships need to be readjusted.
Both the Drake and Hurricane are simply too good, they need must readjusted to make players use other ships.
The Myrmidon and Harbinger will remain as they are. They will retain their dronebays due to their racial philosophy.

Myrm needs more bandwidth. As it is the Myrm has the same bandwidth as a cruiser. Either more bandwidth or more bonuses or some 'special' ability. Myrm just sucks and I don't see why anyone would use one. Can anyone call me out on this and tell me how I am wrong and Myrm is a great ship and doesn't need improvements?

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-06-24 11:07:55 UTC
Constable Chang wrote:

Myrm needs more bandwidth. As it is the Myrm has the same bandwidth as a cruiser. Either more bandwidth or more bonuses or some 'special' ability. Myrm just sucks and I don't see why anyone would use one. Can anyone call me out on this and tell me how I am wrong and Myrm is a great ship and doesn't need improvements?

If you want to give the myrm an extra "special" bonus, youl need to give the other BCs one aswell.

Youre just making it worse.
Alberik
Eusebius Corporation
#16 - 2012-06-24 11:11:04 UTC
isnt a -30% reduction a raise of 30%?
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#17 - 2012-06-24 11:20:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
This is so mind-shatteringly stupid, even by the "standards" of the "NURFTEHZOMGOPDAREK!!!111oneone!!" crowd, that it beggars words in three languages.

Gas thread, ban OP.

Next!

E:

And Polish is one of the world's best languages in which to curse, just so we're clear...Roll

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-06-24 11:26:21 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
If you want to give the myrm an extra "special" bonus, youl need to give the other BCs one aswell.

I'm all for tracking bonus for Harbinger!

Seriously, there's no need for Drake and Cane buff. Well, Drake gets buffed soon-ish but that's only good. All tank and no damage is just boring.
Yelena Fedorova
#19 - 2012-06-24 11:47:26 UTC
ಠ_ಠ
Constable Chang
#20 - 2012-06-24 11:49:36 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
Constable Chang wrote:

Youre just making it worse.

I was thinking of something like 'a few percent drone control range per BC level' or something like that. I'm not a game designer. Its just I try out fittings of Vexor and Myrm in EFT and I think "whats the point of a Myrms existance?"
123Next page