These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suggestion: Skill Pausing

Author
Sanku Kai
Legion of Hephaestus
Salt Mining Industrialists
#1 - 2012-06-17 23:09:30 UTC
Not sure how involved it would be, but...

When I try to train a skill and Eve reminds me that I have another character on this account training, it would be wonderful if that dialog box could include an option to pause the current training, and start this character.

Could this be possible?
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#2 - 2012-06-17 23:52:34 UTC
+10

Thank you for posting. Been thinking of this for years.
Great Idea.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2012-06-18 00:16:51 UTC
Features and ideas is over thataway

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Flakey Foont
#4 - 2012-06-18 04:45:39 UTC
+1
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-06-18 08:56:14 UTC
it's one of those simple, logical things that ccp will sadly never implement...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Pyrosomniac
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-06-18 11:28:00 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
it's one of those simple, logical things that ccp will sadly never implement...

Well we can't make Eve TOO easy now can we?
Skelee VI
C5 Flight
Fraternity.
#7 - 2012-06-18 14:54:27 UTC
Don't be ridiculous! Something totally useful. There are too busy effing up the inventory module!
Malamber
Venomous Cloud
Scorned Syndicate
#8 - 2012-06-18 20:48:59 UTC
+1, mainly because of the painful logging into an alt transition.
Johan Civire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-06-20 03:35:21 UTC
I hate when you switch char the client need to reboot first so the best way to skip waiting is to quit eve and relog back in or i need to wait 10 sec before i even see the login screen.
Rashmika Clavain
Revelation Space
#10 - 2012-06-20 10:01:32 UTC
isn't there a Dev team dedicated to simple UI changes like this? Or were they disbanded?
Kyle Ward
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-06-22 14:03:21 UTC
I endorse this product and or service.
And while were at it, stop making me pause training to plug in an implant or jump clone!
Game has no problem when I get podded with my +5's, why can't it be the same?

The Sandbox, you're playing it wrong!

Indalecia
#12 - 2012-06-22 14:18:50 UTC
We've all been waiting for this for years. Don't get too excited, I doubt CCP will ever make this happen.

https://o.smium.org/ — v0.13.5 — A browser-based fitting tool and loadout sharing platform

IIshira
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-23 20:35:52 UTC
I don't see this as useful because I'm of the belief that if you're going to train two characters use two accounts. By pausing training to train an alt you're just gimping your main.

Even if you're just going to make an alt for PI train him on a separate account then once you're done transfer the character to an existing account.

Of course this is just me. I say play the game the way it makes you happy!
Sidious Lord
Doomheim
#14 - 2012-06-23 20:56:28 UTC
IIshira wrote:
I don't see this as useful because I'm of the belief that if you're going to train two characters use two accounts. By pausing training to train an alt you're just gimping your main.

You seem to have missed the point of the thread. OP isn't asking for strategic advice concerning skill training schemes. He's simply asking for a more user friendly user interface. This is a "technical" issue, not a gameplay issue.

Forever faithful to the Royal Amarr Institute

IIshira
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-06-23 21:07:10 UTC
Sidious Lord wrote:
IIshira wrote:

You seem to have missed the point of the thread. OP isn't asking for strategic advice concerning skill training schemes. He's simply asking for a more user friendly user interface. This is a "technical" issue, not a gameplay issue.

I didn't miss the point. I just said why I thought the idea wasn't useful for myself and explained why.

Granted the OP did not specifically ask what people thought of the idea if you're going to post something on the forums people are going to say what they think of it. I swear that was the purpose of them. Cool
Johnny Frecko
Violence is the Answer
Wormhole Society
#16 - 2012-06-24 07:42:14 UTC
IIshira wrote:

Even if you're just going to make an alt for PI train him on a separate account then once you're done transfer the character to an existing account.

Of course this is just me. I say play the game the way it makes you happy!

wasting 1B isk into a new toon + transfer instead of wasting 3-4 weeks from your main seems a bit.. well, wrong.
unless ofcourse your main makes around 5-10B monthly.

but +20 for the idea posted here.