These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inferno 1.1 delayed now over 1 week..

First post
Author
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2012-06-23 16:02:48 UTC
Varesk wrote:
this is from the link to the patch notes.

"EVE Online: Inferno 1.1 to be deployed on Monday, June 25
reported by CCP Navigator | 2012-06-22T03:27:00Z

We will deploy Inferno 1.1 during an extended downtime on Monday, June 25. Downtime will begin at 11:00 UTC and is expected to be completed by 12:00 UTC. This release will bring players Minmatar V3 on all sub capital ship models,iteration to Factional Warfare and War Declarations,a new Drake model, further work on the Unified Inventory and much more. Full details can be found in our patch notes and feature pages.

We had hoped to deploy the release during this week, however, our quality assurance discovered a number of issues which we did not wish to deploy with. As such, we delayed the release in order to bring you a more polished product. We are sorry for this delay and hope you all enjoy the content released next week."

The funny part is highlighted.
Please elaborate.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#42 - 2012-06-23 16:03:10 UTC
Sarah Schneider wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:
The patch has been delayed for over one week now if you include after this weekend.
What? What? This is interesting math you apply there. Smile

I suggest you read the official news. Inferno 1.1 will eventually become delayed for 6 days, which is less than one week.
I don't see the desync fix on the patchnotes :'(
What "the desync fix"?

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Vicata Heth
Sensible People
Sigma Grindset
#43 - 2012-06-23 16:13:38 UTC
I too think a delayed, but stable patch, is better than a rushed, unstable patch. Now if we could just convince CCP to keep this type of quality up, instead of bitching about delayed releases.
Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-06-23 16:33:44 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Varesk wrote:

We will deploy Inferno 1.1 during an extended downtime on Monday, June 25. Downtime will begin at 11:00 UTC and is expected to be completed by 12:00 UTC. This release will bring players Minmatar V3 on all sub capital ship models,iteration to Factional Warfare and War Declarations,a new Drake model, further work on the Unified Inventory and much more. Full details can be found in our patch notes and feature pages.

We had hoped to deploy the release during this week, however, our quality assurance discovered a number of issues which we did not wish to deploy with. As such, we delayed the release in order to bring you a more polished product. We are sorry for this delay and hope you all enjoy the content released next week."

Please elaborate.

FW, New UI, (insert new feature that was full of bugs and didnt work correctly on release here) or the many other things that "passed" QA before you released it on TQ.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#45 - 2012-06-23 16:40:10 UTC
Varesk wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Varesk wrote:

Please elaborate.
FW, New UI, (insert new feature that was full of bugs and didnt work correctly on release here) or the many other things that "passed" QA before you released it on TQ.
And how is it funny when we find and fix issues before being released to TQ?

Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#46 - 2012-06-23 16:45:19 UTC
Will bugs 139028 and 138958 get fixed before it its TQ?

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Newbie Ned
Real Nice And Laidback Corporation
#47 - 2012-06-23 16:45:23 UTC
/me pulls up chair and opens a beer - this could get entertaining.

Explorer I suggest you stop using common sense and logic, together with light banter and degrade straight into flame rage. Either way you can't win. Eve forum whores aren't generally a reasonable crowd.

Smile
Hakaru Ishiwara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-06-23 16:46:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakaru Ishiwara
CCP Explorer wrote:
Varesk wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Varesk wrote:

Please elaborate.
And how is it funny when we find and fix issues before being released to TQ?

At the risk of making an assumption, I believe that the OP meant to use the word "ironic" instead of "funny."

Used in context, the ironic part of QA putting a hold on the Inferno 1.1 code and asset migration to Tranquility is that most every other patch w/in recent EVE history has been released regardless of the perceived quality, the show-stopping bugs and challenged designs that have been documented in great detail by your customers on Sisi.

I hope that clarifies things.

Ninja Edit: This is a positive and most welcome change in behavior, by the way.

+++++++ I have never shed a tear for a fellow EVE player until now. Mark “Seleene” Heard's Blog Honoring Sean "Vile Rat" Smith.

CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#49 - 2012-06-23 17:07:22 UTC
Newbie Ned wrote:

Explorer I suggest you stop using common sense and logic, together with light banter and degrade straight into flame rage. Either way you can't win. Eve forum whores aren't generally a reasonable crowd.

Smile
I decided to go straight for drowning my sorrows...

Camus Napoléon Rare Old Cognac with Lindt Chilli Dark Chocolate and the beer is chilling for the evening. Big smile

Xarti
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#50 - 2012-06-23 17:29:16 UTC
Will this patch remove the boot.ini file? Twisted
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#51 - 2012-06-23 18:04:59 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Newbie Ned wrote:

Smile
I decided to go straight for drowning my sorrows...

Camus Napoléon Rare Old Cognac with Lindt Chilli Dark Chocolate and the beer is chilling for the evening. Big smile

you know i found brandy is really really good ice cold?

true story... i once by accident put a bottle of vimmy vsop in the freezer and left it there for a week... i decided to take a sip... why not right? and it tasted like candy... mmmmmmmm...

no more shinfters for me... good sir...

though i am a vino guy now...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2012-06-23 18:14:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Schneider
CCP Explorer wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:
The patch has been delayed for over one week now if you include after this weekend.

I suggest you read the official news. Inferno 1.1 will eventually become delayed for 6 days, which is less than one week.
What "the desync fix"?

There is a bug, which was addressed a few times in the issues & workaround subforum and during the last mass-test feedback afaik. It's when you jump a relatively big fleet through gates or via titan bridges and the nothing loads (overview, space objects etc.), but we can still continue chatting as normal.

Since this is imho a sensitive matter and directly related to gameplay performance issue, It was my impression that the fix would be included on the Inferno 1.1 patch. Perhaps i was wrong then :(

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Salpun
#53 - 2012-06-23 18:16:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Sarah Schneider wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:

What "the desync fix"?

There is a bug, which was addressed a few times in the issues & workaround subforum afaik. It's when you jump a fleet through gates or via titan bridges and the nothing loads (overview, space objects etc.), but we can still continue chatting. It was my impression that the fix would be included on the Inferno 1.1 patch.

Bug report number would help him check. There is an issue i had with the last mass test where one client graphics rendering got looped during the pos pash and while the ship warped to the gate and then to the station but the client did not show it.

CCP does not have a solid repro for it.

I reset my sisi client to fix a UI bug that only got cleaned up when i reupdated. So there might be a code change that does not update for some reason that might be causeing it.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2012-06-23 18:21:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Sarah Schneider
Salpun wrote:
Bug report number would help him check.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=49326

It was also addressed on the May 3rd and May 10th mass-test feedback. It's was even discussed before Inferno release, so apparently this issue was never included on any of the big patches since and the new 1.1?

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#55 - 2012-06-23 18:22:29 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Varesk wrote:

Please elaborate.

Silly Explorer, thats not how you are ment to do things. They need you to break things so they can whine about it.
Salpun
#56 - 2012-06-23 18:23:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Salpun wrote:

It was also addressed on the May 3rd and May 10th mass-test feedback.

I thought that bug had been fixed already when was the last time it happened to you. expanded on my post above.

Clock drift was fixed in intermediat patches

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-06-23 18:26:13 UTC
Salpun wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Salpun wrote:

I thought that bug had been fixed already when was the last time it happened to you.

Just now (as in 10 mins ago), and not just me. Apparently, this issue is very common, people have even started to not bother petitioning it anymore (or maybe in the hope that CCP will fix this by 1.1)

Aooz
Doomheim
#58 - 2012-06-23 18:26:28 UTC
What are people looking forward to in this patch?

I was genuinely unaware that there was anything to be excited over.

Is the marker button in Theme X now the color #3300FF instead of #3300CC ?

Or something similarly minute and inconsequential to keep you ******** monkeys entertained?

Fill me in please.
Salpun
#59 - 2012-06-23 18:27:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Salpun wrote:
Sarah Schneider wrote:
Salpun wrote:

I thought that bug had been fixed already when was the last time it happened to you.

Just now (as in 10 mins ago), and not just me. Apparently, this issue is very common, people have even started to not bother petitioning it anymore (or maybe in the hope that CCP will fix this by 1.1)

Then its a diffrent issue then the drifting clock issue.

Salpun
#60 - 2012-06-23 18:27:39 UTC
Aooz wrote:
What are people looking forward to in this patch?

I was genuinely unaware that there was anything to be excited over.

Is the marker button in Theme X now the color #3300FF instead of #3300CC ?

Or something similarly minute and inconsequential to keep you ******** monkeys entertained?

Fill me in please.

Did you read the patch notes?