These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inferno 1.1 delayed now over 1 week..

First post
Author
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#21 - 2012-06-22 20:56:18 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
Tikktokk Tokkzikk wrote:
CCP releases a bugged patch, people whine.
CCP releases a delayed but bug-free(-ish) patch, people whine.
What can CCP do to make us happy?

Don't announce patch release dates/times.

just release it without a word and let people find out the release date by having to update their client.

And then people are screaming "when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!"

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Dave stark
#22 - 2012-06-22 20:57:17 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Dave stark wrote:
Tikktokk Tokkzikk wrote:

Don't announce patch release dates/times.

just release it without a word and let people find out the release date by having to update their client.

And then people are screaming "when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, when, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!"

"when it's done"
Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-06-22 20:58:10 UTC
I'd rather a patch delayed for a few weeks than a super annoying bug for the same time in gane
Fix Lag
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2012-06-22 21:01:32 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:
The patch has been delayed for over one week now if you include after this weekend.
What? What? This is interesting math you apply there. Smile

I suggest you read the official news. Inferno 1.1 will eventually become delayed for 6 days, which is less than one week.

Hey look, it's CCP lecturing somebody about math

CCP mostly sucks at their job, but Veritas is a pretty cool dude.

Werst Dendenahzees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2012-06-22 21:03:20 UTC
Fix Lag wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:
The patch has been delayed for over one week now if you include after this weekend.

I suggest you read the official news. Inferno 1.1 will eventually become delayed for 6 days, which is less than one week.

Hey look, it's CCP lecturing somebody about math

Zing
Jada Maroo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2012-06-22 21:15:47 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:

It's been delayed for a YEAR now if you include next year.
Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#27 - 2012-06-22 21:28:51 UTC
Tikktokk Tokkzikk wrote:

Nothing.

We play EVE.

It is impossible to makes us happy.

Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Jew Jitsu
De invalide
#28 - 2012-06-22 22:28:21 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:

Do you really think you should make any comments on your math skills?
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2012-06-23 03:05:46 UTC
leviticus ander wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
Bree Okanata wrote:
A delayed game is eventually good.

cough*Diablo 3*cough

it is a good point, but had they made a release statement before when they did launch it? or was it just that they spent so long "working on it"?
and I'm with many people in this thread, I'd rather a delayed patch that does what it's supposed to do rather than a patch on time that breaks everything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for delaying games a bit so we can get better experiences. Just pointing out ALL such delayed games needn't be good. I love Eve. Eve is my drug.
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2012-06-23 05:05:28 UTC
I'd like to thank CCP for delaying the patch rather than releasing it with bugs. Now they just need to learn that the majority of players would rather CCP follow the same policy with major releases, and we'll be good to go.
CCP Explorer
C C P
C C P Alliance
#31 - 2012-06-23 10:50:50 UTC
Jew Jitsu wrote:
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:

Do you really think you should make any comments on your math skills?
On my personal math skills? Yes.

Erlendur S. Thorsteinsson | Senior Development Director | EVE Online // CCP Games | @CCP_Explorer

Doc Mulder
Doomheim
#32 - 2012-06-23 10:55:58 UTC
Implying Implications wrote:
I'm sure CCP are working really hard to give us a fantastic patch with loads of fixes and new, working features.

We are talking about EVE here, take other games elsewhere...
Lexmana
#33 - 2012-06-23 10:58:41 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:

For now ...
Josef Djugashvilis
#34 - 2012-06-23 11:01:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Josef Djugashvilis
Better to release it when it is ready, than rush release it, and have forum posters crying into their milk about it.

This is not a signature.

Evelyn Meiyi
Corvidae Trading and Holding
#35 - 2012-06-23 11:13:25 UTC
Tikktokk Tokkzikk wrote:

I agree.

Forget seeing the glass as half-empty -- people are looking at the half-full glass and yelling about the contents not being beer.

Frankly, if I were runnning an MMO and facing thousands of ungrateful players that were almost never satisfied, I would have taken my ball and gone home a long time ago.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#36 - 2012-06-23 14:03:28 UTC
A delayed patch is a good patch, means they are spending the time to get it right...

I only with ALL patches and expansions were like this.
Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#37 - 2012-06-23 15:18:01 UTC
Adrodius wrote:

I hope that CCP release extra goodies because of the delay...

Dude......your......face.....

/me goes to fetch some kleenex
Nalha Saldana
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-06-23 15:21:51 UTC
Chill, its coming soon™
Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2012-06-23 15:24:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Varesk
this is from the link to the patch notes.

"EVE Online: Inferno 1.1 to be deployed on Monday, June 25
reported by CCP Navigator | 2012-06-22T03:27:00Z

We will deploy Inferno 1.1 during an extended downtime on Monday, June 25. Downtime will begin at 11:00 UTC and is expected to be completed by 12:00 UTC. This release will bring players Minmatar V3 on all sub capital ship models,iteration to Factional Warfare and War Declarations,a new Drake model, further work on the Unified Inventory and much more. Full details can be found in our patch notes and feature pages.

We had hoped to deploy the release during this week, however, our quality assurance discovered a number of issues which we did not wish to deploy with. As such, we delayed the release in order to bring you a more polished product. We are sorry for this delay and hope you all enjoy the content released next week."

The funny part is highlighted.
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-06-23 15:44:47 UTC
CCP Explorer wrote:
Adrodius wrote:

I don't see the desync fix on the patchnotes :'(

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave