These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A few exploration questions...

First post
Author
Smokeyblood
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-06-22 08:24:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Smokeyblood
1) When I have found and killed say "guristas den" and I am scanning a system and that is the only thing I can find even when finding new "red dots" does that mean it's the one giving off the red dots?

2) Do sites respawn in the same spot? for example if I find guristas denand clear it will that bookmark take me to a full guristas den in X amount of time or can I just remove the bookmark

3) Is it worth doing non named sites? for example in one site there was a dread gurista that could drop a faction mod (got a worm bp) but in another site it was just frigs and cruisers, are they both worth doing or only ones with the named guys.

4) why do I sometimes instantly find sites with just one probe?

5) how do i differentiate duplicate sites?

6)what are the red rings while scanning

7) why when I am pin pointing red dots do they sometimes dissapear and I can only find red spheres.

8) When do I go out looking for new sites? Do I just keep system jumping? or will the systems I am in randomnly spawn them during the day.
J'Poll
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-06-22 08:41:15 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Smokeyblood wrote:
1) When I have found and killed say "guristas den" and I am scanning a system and that is the only thing I can find even when finding new "red dots" does that mean it's the one giving off the red dots?

2) Do sites respawn in the same spot? for example if I find guristas denand clear it will that bookmark take me to a full guristas den in X amount of time or can I just remove the bookmark

3) Is it worth doing non named sites? for example in one site there was a dread gurista that could drop a faction mod (got a worm bp) but in another site it was just frigs and cruisers, are they both worth doing or only ones with the named guys.

4) why do I sometimes instantly find sites with just one probe?

5) how do i differentiate duplicate sites?

6)what are the red rings while scanning

7) why when I am pin pointing red dots do they sometimes dissapear and I can only find red spheres.

8) When do I go out looking for new sites? Do I just keep system jumping? or will the systems I am in randomnly spawn them during the day.

1.) There is a difference to anomalies and complexes - The Den is a anomaly, they can be scanned with you ship-scanner, complexes need to be probed out with multiple probes (to 100% before you can warp to it).

2.) No, sites respawn randomly in space. So once you ran a anomaly / complex you can delete a bookmark as the chance that it spawns in the same spot is near to 0

3.) That depends on what you want to do. Want to go for faction-mods then no, just want to run them for ISK (bounties) then yes.

4.) Again, Anomalies can be probed by 1 probe or even with your onboard scanner. Complexes need multiple probes. Generally complexes are better paying then anomalies but also harder.

5.) Rearrange probes to 1 of them to see if it is the right one (and not the mirror)

6.) Red sphere = in range of 1 probe, red ring = in range of 2 probes, red dot = in range of 3+ probes (it's all about triangulation) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heYfTA00Idg

7.) They can dissappear cause they are out of range of your probes (they can still move around until you get it to 100%) or your filter picks them out if you found what type of complex it is and it isn't in your filter. For rings see 6.)

8.) Spawns are random, so being an explorer means you ahve to be mobile

EDIT: Also keep in mind, high-sec explorations isn't the most profitable. Loads of competition, loads of ninja-looters, low grade sites. Low/null/WH means better sites and lower traffic.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

ISD Dosnix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#3 - 2012-06-22 08:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dosnix
Hey there,
i´ve got some links (hopefully they will help you on your way in EvE)

Exploration Guide

Scanning System

Exploration Sites Categories

And now i will try to answer as many of your questions as possible:

(2) Sites despawn after completion and re-spawn random, but be aware: They could re-spawn in a different system aswell!

(5) Most times it helps you alot when you re-position your probes around the duplicated sites (make sure that the probes search radius are overlaping each other)

(6) The red rings are a symbol in which area the site could be (as well as the red sphere)

(7) I´ve got this problem too so you are not alone ;)

(8) You´ll leave system when you cleared all sites you wanted to do

[b]ISD Dosnix Lieutenant Community Communication Liasons (CCL) Interstellar Service Department[/b]

Spillicleas
RPS holdings
#4 - 2012-06-22 08:52:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Spillicleas
EDIT : - You both beat me too it :)