These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Suggestion from a Newb

First post
Author
Maddy Joringer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-06-22 03:42:39 UTC
1. Remove concord completely from the game for experienced players.

This would effectively allow gankers to be shot on sight and killed which would in turn promote merc corps to protect the miners. End result, Gankers will turn into pirates which is 10x better. This will become a true sandbox game then ....

2. Only Rookies with total assets less than 50million ISK gets concord help (concord reaction time reduced considerably to help newbs)

This basically allows a Rookie to roam the EVE universe and learn the game and i believe 50million is a good enough bar . as he crosses the 50 million in assets mark he should be pvpable ...

3. Remove alts

Remove alts = removing miner bots,ganking alts = big win

4. Add a police faction (player specific only)?

Basically provides you with some incentive to hunt down players with bad security status ?

AM new to the game..maybe 1 and a half months... id like suggestions..no trolling plz.......
Torvin Yulus
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-06-22 03:43:54 UTC
goon alt detected

im a pubby and im proud

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-06-22 03:44:54 UTC
Is it me or has General Discussion turned into the Features and Ideas Discussion over the last week?
Maddy Joringer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-06-22 03:45:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Maddy Joringer
Torvin Yulus wrote:
goon alt detected



For Christ sake am not a goon alt am brand new player to EVE .. Safety will be far far better in a private police force than a police computer which is programmed to be a complete jerk....
Dramaticus
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2012-06-22 03:46:03 UTC
As one of the 1% of EVE who undoubtedly pays more in transaction taxes than the rest of you schlubs I believe we should give the general populace the CONCORD that they pay for. That is, almost nothing. Remove CONCORD, refund me my transaction taxes and privatize the EVE police force. The free market will determine how best to allocate what should be a scarce resource, safety in space.

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Maddy Joringer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-06-22 03:46:34 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
Is it me or has General Discussion turned into the Features and Ideas Discussion over the last week?


oops.....mods...plz move this into featues and ideas section Attention
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#7 - 2012-06-22 03:55:13 UTC
I would love to see concord go the way of AoE doomsdays.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-06-22 03:56:29 UTC
Maddy Joringer wrote:
Torvin Yulus wrote:
goon alt detected



For Christ sake am not a goon alt am brand new player to EVE .. Safety will be far far better in a private police force than a police computer which is programmed to be a complete jerk....

I will confirm this is a goon alt. Please continue.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-06-22 03:58:50 UTC
1. Remove concord completely from the game for experienced players.

The problem is that would force CCP to define an experienced player and also turn High-sec into Null-sec.


2. Only Rookies with total assets less than 50million ISK gets concord help (concord reaction time reduced considerably to help newbs)

Easy to get around by having a corp and storing your ISK there or storing the ISK on another account.

3. Remove alts

You can't stop players from having multiple accounts

4. Add a police faction (player specific only)?

Not sure this could work, not enough details and not sure what you had in mind here.

This is basically a thread about High-sec ganking.
Something which isn't going to get changed any time in the near future.

Maddy Joringer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-06-22 03:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Maddy Joringer
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Maddy Joringer wrote:
Torvin Yulus wrote:
goon alt detected



For Christ sake am not a goon alt am brand new player to EVE .. Safety will be far far better in a private police force than a police computer which is programmed to be a complete jerk....

I will confirm this is a goon alt. Please continue.



very smart of you What? , now am being labeled as a goon alt ... I,ve lost 4 friends from playing EVE just from reading these forums alone ...
.


Quote:
This is basically a thread about High-sec ganking.
Something which isn't going to get changed any time in the near future.


I prefer pirating to ganking. Ganking is just down right sad and heavily onsided bcoz of highsec mechanics
Greyscale Dash
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-06-22 04:00:02 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

Easy to get around by having a corp and storing your ISK there or storing the ISK on another account.



Actually, if you plan to fly anything bigger than a cruiser the isk value of your ship solves that problemEvil
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#12 - 2012-06-22 04:11:24 UTC
Greyscale Dash wrote:
Simetraz wrote:

Easy to get around by having a corp and storing your ISK there or storing the ISK on another account.

Actually, if you plan to fly anything bigger than a cruiser the isk value of your ship solves that problemEvil

Yeah, your Raven Navy Issue with officer fittings will never fit under that.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-22 04:15:25 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Greyscale Dash wrote:
Simetraz wrote:

Easy to get around by having a corp and storing your ISK there or storing the ISK on another account.

Actually, if you plan to fly anything bigger than a cruiser the isk value of your ship solves that problemEvil

Yeah, your Raven Navy Issue with officer fittings will never fit under that.


I need to get one of those someday just so I can say I have one.

Karadion Kohlar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-06-22 04:30:53 UTC
Maddy Joringer wrote:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Maddy Joringer wrote:
Torvin Yulus wrote:
goon alt detected



For Christ sake am not a goon alt am brand new player to EVE .. Safety will be far far better in a private police force than a police computer which is programmed to be a complete jerk....

I will confirm this is a goon alt. Please continue.



very smart of you What? , now am being labeled as a goon alt ... I,ve lost 4 friends from playing EVE just from reading these forums alone ...
.

Why do you need to hide behind your alt? Come out of the closet already. I know who you are.
Delen Ormand
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2012-06-22 05:23:53 UTC
Maddy Joringer wrote:


4. Add a police faction (player specific only)?



What would happen if the police player did something like shoot someone innocent?
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-06-22 05:25:42 UTC
Delen Ormand wrote:
Maddy Joringer wrote:


4. Add a police faction (player specific only)?



What would happen if the police player did something like shoot someone innocent?


Police do this in the real world all the time.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Werst Dendenahzees
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2012-06-22 05:31:21 UTC
Maddy Joringer wrote:

2. Only Rookies with total assets less than 50million ISK gets concord help (concord reaction time reduced considerably to help newbs)


I don't want to be a **** but it'd be somewhate easy to manipulate the price of common modules to ridiculous levels just to make sure no one can be protected by Concord.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#18 - 2012-06-22 05:34:23 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
I would love to see concord go the way of AoE doomsdays.


"Sir, someone flipped a can in Jita 4-4".

"EXTERMINATUS."
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#19 - 2012-06-22 05:40:37 UTC
Yeah, removing CONCORD makes the game unplayable for anyone who can't travel with a pvp wolfpack everywhere they go. This idea was not thought through in the least. The Ancient Order of the Flaming Gaze looks down upon your proposal.

                      "LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Greyscale Dash
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-06-22 05:40:39 UTC
Werst Dendenahzees wrote:
Maddy Joringer wrote:

2. Only Rookies with total assets less than 50million ISK gets concord help (concord reaction time reduced considerably to help newbs)


I don't want to be a **** but it'd be somewhate easy to manipulate the price of common modules to ridiculous levels just to make sure no one can be protected by Concord.


Challenge accepted.
12Next page