These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

CCP Sreegs please read,

First post
Author
Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-06-22 00:32:02 UTC
Hi how are you?
I have placed a petition directed just for you under the toon "Joseph Eduardi" in-game. The reason I am posting this here is because it is in hopes of it reaching you quicker. Long story short a GM Shut off a few of my accounts today and I was definitely wrongfully accused of using 3rd party tools. I offered him/her to scan my system if they want, monitor ALL my accounts, read through my EVE Mails, ISK Transactions I don't care what it is other than ban. I don't purchase ISK, I Don't deal in RMT. I use Bitdefender as an antivirus which is always running in game mode. I also run EVE on Compatability windows XP as it seems to run smoother. Other than that I use EVEMON and EFT as my tools for tracking and ship customization. I presented CCP Peligro with 4 images of my computer being scanned and only tracking cookies were found, no viruses.

I also presented him to a link in http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/01/eve-online-nukes-over-a-thousand-botters-from-orbit/

Where the following statement was made:

"Other players are crying out that the current three-strike system is too soft-hearted. Sreegs respectfully disagrees, citing the fact that, of all players that go on to receive two strikes, only something like 3% go on to earn a third. But what's to stop these problem players from transferring their characters to a new account and carrying on as usual? Sreegs also announced that a new system is being put in place that will indefinitely revoke the character transfer privileges of any suspended players, no matter how many strikes they have against them. For the full story as well as a bit of insight as to how CCP deals with botters and cheaters, just click on through the link below."

If this is still true, I have asked CCP Peligro to just flag me with the first strike but continue the investigation before doing so. The reason I ask for him to restore the accounts is because I have a POS that may be going down soon with BPO's and a Freighter sitting in it. I hope this 3 strike policy is the case as it was presented on Mar 1st 2012 5:30PM. I have seen many other posts and forum topics, also google findings of players all around the net stretching from CCP, Blizzard, EA, Sony and more who were accidently accused due to the antivirus being picked up or some other sort of computer function such as Norton Utilities ect...

Please understand,
I hope you can help me,

Please look at my petition in-game under the character Joseph Eduardi.
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#2 - 2012-06-22 00:35:02 UTC
Oh boy...

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2012-06-22 00:36:36 UTC
gonna find that pos

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-06-22 00:37:11 UTC
sreegs please post the location of that pos in this thread

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Thor Kerrigan
Guardians of Asceticism
#5 - 2012-06-22 00:38:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Thor Kerrigan
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#6 - 2012-06-22 00:39:59 UTC
I shall have popcorn with this.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-22 00:41:08 UTC
Maybe you should see if Chribba is around and ask him to collect your things for you till you can this resolved.

I would offer myself but you don't know me and as such no reason to trust me.

Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-06-22 00:41:14 UTC
;P Maybe it looks like I bot because I have so many Macks/Hulks mining ? ? As far as I know it is isn't illegal to have multiple accounts on at same time. I welcomed the GM to message me at random as I don't have "Auto-Reject" on. I am always sitting at the PC in case Mr.Goon Weaselior comes around trying to take out macks/hulks.

I have reported over 17 Botters a few whom I believe were banned but they all had auto-reject chat on and were online ALL the time. Just mining the same ice boulder for the same amount of time.

As I mentioned though I welcome CCP/GM Staff to go through ALL my characters wallets/eve mails whatever it may be so they see that I am 100% Legit. Monitor my game as it runs, I don't care. I have played EVE for a very long time now and it would be crap to lose it to some inaccurate incident.
Dramaticus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-06-22 00:41:57 UTC
GS_Recon to the rescue

The 'do-nothing' member of the GoonSwarm Economic Warfare Cabal

The edge is REALLY hard to see at times but it DOES exist and in this case we were looking at a situation where a new feature created for all of our customers was being virtually curbstomped by five of them

Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-06-22 00:42:56 UTC
Simetraz wrote:
Maybe you should see if Chribba is around and ask him to collect your things for you till you can this resolved.

I would offer myself but you don't know me and as such no reason to trust me.

Simetraz the thought did cross my mind... but if they decide to not overturn this then my crack which is EVE is forever over... and that freighter will mean nothing to me. =(
Azami Nevinyrall
#11 - 2012-06-22 01:01:49 UTC
IB4L

Xenuria
#12 - 2012-06-22 01:21:04 UTC
Let's be honest here...

I have played hundreds of online games by dozens of different companies.
So far the ONLY game and associated company that has treated me with respect and moderated the community in a fair and legitimate way is CCP.

Blizzard/Activison: They give that catholic church a run for it's money when it comes to violently and rapidly squelching any sort of dissent.

Bioware/EA: Bioware specifically has done some cool stuff but as far as community moderation and QA they make Scientology look friendly.

Linden Labs: Remember that time when the lindens indiscriminately deleted any sims that had anything to do with Anonymous, internet culture or had any remote references to memes? Yeah well they also perma-banned everybody that was in those sims at the time and deleted all items and props related to the stuff they wiped out. When people protested this, guess what? They got perma-banned. Not the baby furries or the age players, no sir.. They spend money so they never get banned.

Valve/Steam forums: Oh boy, this is basically what happens when you give a bunch of 14 year olds with inferiority complexes full administrative rights to all forms and moderation features associated with them. Total blackout of anything that resembles free thinking.
Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-22 01:23:53 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Let's be honest here...

I have played hundreds of online games by dozens of different companies.
So far the ONLY game and associated company that has treated me with respect and moderated the community in a fair and legitimate way is CCP.

Blizzard/Activison: They give that catholic church a run for it's money when it comes to violently and rapidly squelching any sort of dissent.

Bioware/EA: Bioware specifically has done some cool stuff but as far as community moderation and QA they make Scientology look friendly.

Linden Labs: Remember that time when the lindens indiscriminately deleted any sims that had anything to do with Anonymous, internet culture or had any remote references to memes? Yeah well they also perma-banned everybody that was in those sims at the time and deleted all items and props related to the stuff they wiped out. When people protested this, guess what? They got perma-banned. Not the baby furries or the age players, no sir.. They spend money so they never get banned.

Valve/Steam forums: Oh boy, this is basically what happens when you give a bunch of 14 year olds with inferiority complexes full administrative rights to all forms and moderation features associated with them. Total blackout of anything that resembles free thinking.

I completely agree Xenuria. CCP is the ONLY one who has a staff that treat its players like human beings. Hence my post =) I have petitioned already but I really don't want to lose that POS/Freighter.
Freezehunter
#14 - 2012-06-22 01:25:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
This should be good.

If you are honest, OP, I hope you get this issue resolved.

If you are lying and you did bot, **** you.
I hate cheaters, liars, thieves, traitors and idiots IRL and that carries into Eve too.

Good luck if you are indeed honest!

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2012-06-22 01:29:36 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
This should be good.

Good luck!

o7, I wish players could serve as some form of jury duty in a way... I am not sure what else I can do to prove that I am not a botter. I hope that by welcoming surveillance onto my account whenever they see fit and checking all my transactions/eve mails will be enough. I really want to know though if running my AntiVirus (BitDefender) which I installed 3 weeks ago in 'Game Mode' or running EVE on a Compability mode can flag me for something??
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#16 - 2012-06-22 01:30:41 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
This should be good.

I hate cheaters, liars, thieves and traitors IRL and it carries into Eve too.

Good luck if you walked the hard path!

Agreed.

I wish you the best of luck OP. Just remain as polite in your CCP dealings as you seem to be here and you should be fine (provided you are not guilty).Smile
Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-06-22 01:34:05 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
This should be good.

I hate cheaters, liars, thieves and traitors IRL and it carries into Eve too.

Good luck if you walked the hard path!

Agreed.

I wish you the best of luck OP. Just remain as polite in your CCP dealings as you seem to be here and you should be fine (provided you are not guilty).Smile

Thank you for the support guys, I am very optimistic about this even though I am already suspended but that is normal while there is an investigation. The CCP/GM is being very kind as well on the petition but I am just worried about that POS going offline. I really hope to come back to the community by tomorrow. (Fingers crossed)

My last contact with the GM/CCP staff was about 3-4 hours ago but that's probably because they went to sleep.
Freezehunter
#18 - 2012-06-22 01:44:38 UTC
Tolokar wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
This should be good.

Good luck!

o7, I wish players could serve as some form of jury duty in a way... I am not sure what else I can do to prove that I am not a botter. I hope that by welcoming surveillance onto my account whenever they see fit and checking all my transactions/eve mails will be enough. I really want to know though if running my AntiVirus (BitDefender) which I installed 3 weeks ago in 'Game Mode' or running EVE on a Compability mode can flag me for something??

Just a few quick questions that are relevant to my past experiences with false positives in cases like these, and to this issue...

1) If you use TS or a program like it, do you use the function that displays who is talking in an overlay inside a 3D game?
2) Do you use programs like Xfire, with the in game overlay active?
3) Did you install Evemon and other programs that monitor eve in Eve's game folder?
4) Do you use programs like FRAPS, that display an FPS meter in game?
5) Do you record your game?
6) Do you use a virtual keyboard add-on for your Antivirus?

All these things could lead to a false positive.

Remember, the more info you can give the GM about the stuff going on on your machine, the bigger the chance that they will figure out that hey, their detection system ****** up and gave a false positive, these things happen...

Tolokar
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2012-06-22 02:11:14 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
Tolokar wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
This should be good.

Good luck!

Just a few quick questions that are relevant to my past experiences with false positives in cases like these, and to this issue...

1) If you use TS or a program like it, do you use the function that displays who is talking in an overlay inside a 3D game?
3) Did you install Evemon and other programs that monitor eve in Eve's game folder?

Remember, the more info you can give the GM about the stuff going on on your machine, the bigger the chance that they will figure out that hey, their detection system ****** up and gave a false positive, these things happen...

Hey really sorry for the delay, was in the shower... It is 98 degrees here in New Jersey and our A.C. just kicked the bucket. To answer the Q's:

1) I have T.S. but I have never messed with the settings, I do run it in admin mode though.
2) I have XFire and it is overlayed.
3) Yes to EVEMon no to any other program, I only use EVEMon & EVEFT.
4) No, I usually press that CTRL+F command for the FPS.
5) I have never really recorded, I did take images using the 'Prt Scr' key.
6) My anti-virus is only on Game Mode and runs on administrative mode. It will do some stuff randomly at times like start scanning/updating, and some other things that I kinda ignore so not too sure?

Freezehunter
#20 - 2012-06-22 02:39:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
Tolokar wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
Tolokar wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
This should be good.

Good luck!

Hey really sorry for the delay, was in the shower... It is 98 degrees here in New Jersey and our A.C. just kicked the bucket. To answer the Q's:

1) I have T.S. but I have never messed with the settings, I do run it in admin mode though.
2) I have XFire and it is overlayed.
3) Yes to EVEMon no to any other program, I only use EVEMon & EVEFT.
4) No, I usually press that CTRL+F command for the FPS.
5) I have never really recorded, I did take images using the 'Prt Scr' key.
6) My anti-virus is only on Game Mode and runs on administrative mode. It will do some stuff randomly at times like start scanning/updating, and some other things that I kinda ignore so not too sure?

2 and/or 3 could be the problem.

If Evemon is installed in eve's game folder, it's possible that an update overwrote something in there because some of their files share names, and CCP's bot detector probably thought that was bad.

Also, overlay in Xfire can even cause VAC to get a false positive and ban you on Steam, so I wouldn't be surprised if that triggered CCP's bot detector as well.

I don't know how exactly CCP's bot/hack detection works, but if it's anything like VAC, I am not surprised it might have received a false positive.

Basically, programs like this usually operate on the principle that if an external factor is tampering with the .exe, game files, or anything that belongs to the game in executable memory, it's probably a hack/bot, and it bans or marks you for banning.

123Next page