These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

All BPs, Reactions, and Datacore Calculator - EVE Isk per Hour! (w/Crucible)

Author
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2011-10-07 00:31:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
Thanks guys, the issue is with the EVE API and EVE Mon.

http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=single&nid=4753&tid=1

I'll try and fix that issue where it throws a critical error when this happens though.

Edit: Shouldn't throw that error anymore.

Niko, your error is also fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Load program and get updates from the About menu.

Thanks

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#42 - 2011-10-07 09:58:43 UTC
Hey Zif - great program however every time I start it up it states there is an update available (the update notification is in the back behind the IPH startup message) - when clicking on the box brings it in front and Yes to upgrade, goes through the update cycle (download) then comes up with the message There was an error in the update, can not update and returns to starting screen. I have 1.3 installed.
Hope that explains it well enough

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2011-10-07 12:51:28 UTC
Klandi wrote:
Hey Zif - great program however every time I start it up it states there is an update available (the update notification is in the back behind the IPH startup message) - when clicking on the box brings it in front and Yes to upgrade, goes through the update cycle (download) then comes up with the message There was an error in the update, can not update and returns to starting screen. I have 1.3 installed.

Did this just start happening recently? Also, can you go to About Eve IPH and tell me what version is listed there? That'll have the build number.

I have been noticing some issues with source forge downloads lately as well. If you don't want to see that popup, you can turn off update checks in the settings. I'll try and look at it tonight.

Joel Mi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#44 - 2011-10-08 13:19:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Joel Mi
Zifrian wrote:
Klandi wrote:

Did this just start happening recently? Also, can you go to About Eve IPH and tell me what version is listed there? That'll have the build number.

I have been noticing some issues with source forge downloads lately as well. If you don't want to see that popup, you can turn off update checks in the settings. I'll try and look at it tonight.

im having the same problem

version 1.3.4279.38237
Black Madness
Natural Born Builders
New Eden Gambling Alliance
#45 - 2011-10-08 19:19:04 UTC
Got a chat with Zifrian, great guy and great program.

+1, definitely.
Fritz Ionar
Electronic Scientific Recreational
#46 - 2011-10-09 08:19:58 UTC
Joel Mi wrote:
Zifrian wrote:
Klandi wrote:

im having the same problem

version 1.3.4279.38237

Same version, same problem.

Other than that, great app. Thanks for sharing it.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2011-10-09 12:26:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
OK thanks. Not sure where the issue is. I put up a new version of the updater, which will update automatically. It should tell you a different error message when you run the update so maybe I can track this down. I can't reproduce the error unfortunately.

Joel Mi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2011-10-09 19:04:02 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
OK thanks. Not sure where the issue is. I put up a new version of the updater, which will update automatically. It should tell you a different error message when you run the update so maybe I can track this down. I can't reproduce the error unfortunately.

"there was an error in the update. error: cannot copy character standings"

it as giving me the same error when i tried to remove all characters and update again without one
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2011-10-09 23:09:24 UTC
OK. Thanks. I updated the error message a bit further and added a log file entry. So if any of you three get a chance to update it and still get the error, can you send me the error message and the entry in the log file in your UserName Application folder for EVEIPH? Thanks

Fritz Ionar
#50 - 2011-10-10 15:47:38 UTC
I've PM:ed the logfile entry to you, but I'll post it hear as well.

2011-10-10 17:35:41, Error: SQL: INSERT INTO CHARACTER_STANDINGS VALUES (148493936,3008468,'Agent','Uppila Vuokiken',2,14)

Perhaps it's a problem with decimal separator and languages? Notice the last 2 parameters (2,14) are probobly meant to be only one parameter 2.14. My languege settings use , as decimal seprator instead of . so the SQL looks like it has an extra parameter.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2011-10-10 19:34:03 UTC
Fritz Ionar wrote:

2011-10-10 17:35:41, Error: SQL: INSERT INTO CHARACTER_STANDINGS VALUES (148493936,3008468,'Agent','Uppila Vuokiken',2,14)

Perhaps it's a problem with decimal separator and languages? Notice the last 2 parameters (2,14) are probobly meant to be only one parameter 2.14. My languege settings use , as decimal seprator instead of . so the SQL looks like it has an extra parameter.

Thanks this was helpful. I never had this issue before, so not sure why it came up now.

I've made a chance I'm pretty sure will fix this and got the update on the server. Go ahead and get the new changes and let me know if it works or not.

Fritz Ionar
#52 - 2011-10-10 19:42:13 UTC
I still get an error, but it's a new one this time Smile
The error message says "Error renameing and moving files". Logfile says "2011-10-10 21:37:42, Error: SQL: SELECT * FROM USER_SETTINGS"
Joel Mi
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#53 - 2011-10-10 19:44:37 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Fritz Ionar wrote:

Thanks this was helpful. I never had this issue before, so not sure why it came up now.

I've made a chance I'm pretty sure will fix this and got the update on the server. Go ahead and get the new changes and let me know if it works or not.

it worked, thanks ;)

this is an awesome tool. im looking forward to see what you will bring next to this tool
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2011-10-10 23:22:19 UTC
Fritz Ionar wrote:
I still get an error, but it's a new one this time Smile
The error message says "Error renameing and moving files". Logfile says "2011-10-10 21:37:42, Error: SQL: SELECT * FROM USER_SETTINGS"

Bleh, this isn't a problem with settings. I didn't show the error correctly. I've updated this now. (btw, this is actually really helpful to get the updater working!).

If you don't have a bunch of stored BPO's or manually entered prices, I would suggest reinstalling to see if that fixes it. Let me know via evemail if you figure it out.

Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#55 - 2011-10-13 09:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ten Bulls
Crashing for me.

I was having trouble getting all the BP's to show up in the Manufacturing List, so i uninstalled and reinstalled.

I added the same keys, go to Blueprints tab, Select Jaguar (but seems to happen for all BPs) and get an exception as below.

I get the same error in the Manufacturing List section when i go to calculate after i get a preview.

An Unhandled Exception has occured and EVE Isk per Hour will now close.
Please copy the data below for sending to developer.

Source: Microsoft Access Database Engine
Message: No value given for one or more required parameters.

Also, please fill out the following information as appropriate:

Operating System:
Version of MS Access (Office):
Screen or Tab where Error Occurred:

I have updated the market prices and messed with other random settings try to get around it, but no luck.

I have Microsoft Access database engine 2010 (English) v14.0.4736.1000
EVE Isk per Hour v1.3.4297.36325

Let me know if there is anything i can do to help track it down.

Thanks
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2011-10-13 14:27:02 UTC
Ok thanks. I'll look at it tonight. Looks like an error in my code but not sure why it's coming up now. Make sure the access components you have installed are the 32 bit version.

Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#57 - 2011-10-14 06:58:42 UTC
I do have the 32bit version installed, i am running 64 bit windows though, maybe thats got something to do with the error.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2011-10-14 10:49:02 UTC
Ten Bulls wrote:
I do have the 32bit version installed, i am running 64 bit windows though, maybe thats got something to do with the error.

Nah, that's not it. The install on my test computer is working fine so not sure what happened. I'm in the middle of an update but I should be able to get it up tonight. I'll send you an evemail when it's ready and we can test it out and get it working.

Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2011-10-15 00:11:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
New Update - Select "Check for Updates" from the About menu to get the latest version.

Build 1.3.4304.27276

The following changes included in this patch:

* The popup notifying users of a program update will now show in front of the splash screen.
* Meta items for invention are now correct. Previously meta items would show the wrong or duplicate meta items for invention.
* The Meta drop down menu on the Blueprints Tab will only show meta items that exist. (i.e. 10MN Afterburner only has 1 meta item)
* Races have been assigned for most blueprints based on its invention requirements or type and will show more results in blueprint management and manufacturing tabs when selected.
* Users can now click on the Invention and Reverse Engineering labels and the Component Material and Raw Material labels that show "can make/cannot make" the items to show required skills. If your current level of skills are lower than required, it will show your skill in parentheses and highlight the skill in red.

Ten Bulls, after you run the update let me know if you still have the issue you were experiencing.

Fritz Ionar, I found the error you had last reported and pretty sure I fixed it (it was a tad annoying and weird). Let me know if it still comes up.

Dejablue12 Fidard
Eve Archaeological Society
#60 - 2011-10-15 04:06:05 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Ten Bulls, after you run the update let me know if you still have the issue you were experiencing.

Hello Zifrian,

I was getting the same error as Ten Bulls. I just re-installed the program and the error no longer shows up.

Awesome program, thanks for all your hard work.

~Deja