These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Remove jump clone timer if you are jumping to the same station.

First post
Author
Freezehunter
#1 - 2012-06-21 19:05:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
That's pretty much it.

Remove the timer if you are jumping to a clone in the same station, but keep it at 24 hours for any other spot.

That way, people that want to PVP in 0.0 can just go to their jump clone station, jump to their PVP clone, go to the fleet op without using that age old "I can't come guys, my clone's on cooldown and I don't want to lose my learning implants" excuse, and if they live, they come back and jump back to their learning implant clone.

You still lose training time, but not as much as a 24 h timer would lose you, so that would be a massive incentive for risk averse people to actually PVP more.

Besides, that gives people the chance to get into specialized PVP clones more, with crystal sets and stuff, because hardwires and a slave set > Learning implant clones in PVP any day.

Jump clones were meant to help with power projection, that's why they have such a long cooldown timer, but when there is NO power projection, why have a timer?

Station to Station makes sense.

Either that, or allow us to change between implants at will in the same clone.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2012-06-21 19:09:57 UTC
No. Consiquences and stuff.
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#3 - 2012-06-21 19:15:07 UTC
I agree that actions have consequences, but I also think it's kid of a good idea.

EVE's economy is better served by this guy pew pewing and maybe losing a ship than it is by him ship spinning for 23 more hours. Implants as implemented have a negative effect on pvp (giving players even more reason to be risk averse, in null sec it can be hard to find more +4s lol).
Freezehunter
#4 - 2012-06-21 19:22:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
Jenn aSide wrote:
I agree that actions have consequences, but I also think it's kid of a good idea.

EVE's economy is better served by this guy pew pewing and maybe losing a ship than it is by him ship spinning for 23 more hours. Implants as implemented have a negative effect on pvp (giving players even more reason to be risk averse, in null sec it can be hard to find more +4s lol).


Pretty much why I am suggesting this...

I haven't PVP'd in 2 years because losing my clone means paying about 200 mil isk.

My clone itself has become very expensive due to the number of skill points I have alone, having to waste money on replacing a learning set if I get podded in a bubble makes it worse.

So, on average for me, a single stealth bomber loss would mean 300 mils down the crapper.

300 mils I can't really afford to lose in the first place, because with one account and one character, a real life, a job and a fiance, I don't play Eve as much as I used to.

If my losses didn't mean I had to grind PVE in the rare cases when I DO have free time to play eve, to cover losses instead of PVPing, then I'd be WAY more inclined to PVP instead of just log in, PVE an hour or 2 a day, then get bored and log off.

This eventually makes people quit the game completely out of boredom, and that's bad for business for CCP.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-06-21 19:24:13 UTC
Timer should be removed if the player intends to do the Scooby Doo thing with the doors Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Freezehunter
#6 - 2012-06-21 19:25:50 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Timer should be removed if the player intends to do the Scooby Doo thing with the doors Big smile


LOL!

Yeah, I guess that's another way to put it Surf.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-21 19:42:41 UTC
Wouldn't just be easier to make implants removable and just end the argument entirely ?

Cause that is what you are asking for.

Maybe make people pay something to remove them based on there cost.
ElQuirko
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#8 - 2012-06-21 19:44:24 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
I haven't PVP'd in 2 years because losing my clone means paying about 200 mil isk.


CLASSIC NULLBEAR. I run around in my pod in highsec risking ganks everyday with ~a billion isk in my head. Whereas the most dangerous thing you're going to come across is an unguarded bubble. Chicken, brah?

Dodixie > Hek

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#9 - 2012-06-21 19:46:36 UTC
2 years of training skills you refuse to use. Why bother training them in the first place?
Freezehunter
#10 - 2012-06-21 19:47:29 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
I haven't PVP'd in 2 years because losing my clone means paying about 200 mil isk.


CLASSIC NULLBEAR. I run around in my pod in highsec risking ganks everyday with ~a billion isk in my head. Whereas the most dangerous thing you're going to come across is an unguarded bubble. Chicken, brah?


Actually no, I haven't been in nullsec for 2 years either, and I don't even do missions, I just **** around Jita and manage orders.

I miss the time when I used to PVP, but I simply don't have time to cover my losses when I die anymore, and this is due, in a big part, to learning implants.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

ISD Stensson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-06-21 19:48:47 UTC
I have deleted some unconstructive posts. Also, thread is moved from "EVE General Discussion" to "Features & Ideas Discussion" forum.

[b]ISD Stensson Captain Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Maxpie
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#12 - 2012-06-21 19:53:20 UTC
I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. Risk, strategy, timing, trade-offs. That's what this game is ultimately about.

What I would be in favor of though is making the timer once per downtime rather than 24 hours, that way people who play at the same time every day aren't relegated, in effect, to a 2-day jc timer.

No good deed goes unpunished

Freezehunter
#13 - 2012-06-21 19:53:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
baltec1 wrote:
2 years of training skills you refuse to use. Why bother training them in the first place?


Actually hope to use the 25 mils I have in Gunnery, the 30 mils I have in Spaceship Command, and the 50 other million SP I have in everything else one day when I can afford it ISK wise TBFH...

I actually do all of my PVP on the test server, because I can afford stuff there.

It's really sad, because on the test server my success rate over the wide range of ships I use is 50 to 1, which means that if I was ISK rich on TQ as well I'd be owning some ****.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-06-21 20:11:42 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
I haven't PVP'd in 2 years because losing my clone means paying about 200 mil isk.


CLASSIC NULLBEAR. I run around in my pod in highsec risking ganks everyday with ~a billion isk in my head. Whereas the most dangerous thing you're going to come across is an unguarded bubble. Chicken, brah?

Someone who runs virtually zero risk of losing their pod calling someone who lives in nullsec chicken?

What?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Freezehunter
#15 - 2012-06-21 20:20:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:
Freezehunter wrote:
I haven't PVP'd in 2 years because losing my clone means paying about 200 mil isk.


CLASSIC NULLBEAR. I run around in my pod in highsec risking ganks everyday with ~a billion isk in my head. Whereas the most dangerous thing you're going to come across is an unguarded bubble. Chicken, brah?

Someone who runs virtually zero risk of losing their pod calling someone who lives in nullsec chicken?

What?


Yeah, he forgot the part where most fleet PVP in 0.0 means getting stuck in bubbles and getting stealth bombed and pod killed.

He is probably confusing real 0.0 fleet warfare with the near empty 0.0 space his parasite corp probably rents.

I remember getting podded almost every time I lost my ship in 0.0, and 95% of the time it was because I lost my ship in a bubble.

After a while I just got sick of losing ISK in a stupid way like that and I just stopped PVPing on TQ.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.

Idris Mandela
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2012-06-22 14:24:00 UTC
Freezehunter wrote:
That's pretty much it.

Remove the timer if you are jumping to a clone in the same station, but keep it at 24 hours for any other spot.

That way, people that want to PVP in 0.0 can just go to their jump clone station, jump to their PVP clone, go to the fleet op without using that age old "I can't come guys, my clone's on cooldown and I don't want to lose my learning implants" excuse, and if they live, they come back and jump back to their learning implant clone.

You still lose training time, but not as much as a 24 h timer would lose you, so that would be a massive incentive for risk averse people to actually PVP more.

Besides, that gives people the chance to get into specialized PVP clones more, with crystal sets and stuff, because hardwires and a slave set > Learning implant clones in PVP any day.

Jump clones were meant to help with power projection, that's why they have such a long cooldown timer, but when there is NO power projection, why have a timer?

Station to Station makes sense.

Either that, or allow us to change between implants at will in the same clone.


Here maybe this would be a nice compromise.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=118935