These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Go ahead CCP, listen to the people in the "make null virbant again" thread

First post
Author
pussnheels
Viziam
#181 - 2012-06-21 13:58:27 UTC
Some of you null sec zealots seem to forget that the whole problem is partly the fault of their own alliances and their somtime complete hypocrit views on the game

They ve build sandcastles and now refuse any change that will even remotely have a chance ro disrupt their pretty sandcastles so nothing chages and people get bored ,
A majority of those alliances. Don t even consider any other form of industry beyond their moongoo because it takes effort and dedication by example
And they treat anybody who is a outsider as another possible killboardtrophee
Even renters as usually treated as shooting practise

And then They are suprised hardly anybody wants to go to nullsec anymore

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Doddy
Excidium.
#182 - 2012-06-21 13:59:36 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Doddy wrote:

There are not really that many true bears anyway. Most hi sec concentrated players are simply labouring under miscomprehensions about what is required to play eve on hard mode or suffer from low self confidence in their ability.

*EERRRRGGG* WRONG ANSWER.

Actually, a lot of high sec dwellers could not care less about null sec, it has nothing to do with being risk averse, a desire to ISK, lack of confidence or any lack of comprehension. They just do not care.

I didn't say anything about null sec tbh, but you are making a lot assumptions. What makes you think you are right? Having gone through inumberable hi sec corps and recruited many people from hi sec corps, and chatted to many hi sec players including those i have just ganked i can tell you straight out that the majority love the idea of the "full" eve experience but because they read terrible sperge threads on eve-o they think anything other than hi sec is horrendously dangerous and frequented only by high sp super rich mega chars. "i don't have enough sp" or i don't have enough isk" are the overwhelming factor behind the self imposed hi sec exile of most that i have spoken to. At least 5 pilots that i ganked in the last month are now pvping simply through chatting with me after i killed them. Another group took my advice and took their mining operations to a wormhole. Clearly these are the actions of people who were just in need of a little guidance.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2012-06-21 14:02:44 UTC
pussnheels wrote:
Some of you null sec zealots seem to forget that the whole problem is partly the fault of their own alliances and their somtime complete hypocrit views on the game

So it's our own fault L4s are too profitable, so a majority of nullsec denizens have a L4 alt?

I see.

pussnheels wrote:
A majority of those alliances. Don t even consider any other form of industry beyond their moongoo because it takes effort and dedication by example

I'm sure it's not a case of the players deciding that their time is better spent running L4s, then purchasing stuff in Jita and having it hauled out, than run sanctums and lose/replace ships, and end up with less isk at the end of the month as a result.

No sirree.
pussnheels wrote:
And they treat anybody who is a outsider as another possible killboardtrophee

If you negotiate blue standings with someone, they won't shoot you. If you don't, you're most likely hostile.

You know, this is a PVP game, right?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#184 - 2012-06-21 14:11:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Cutter Isaacson
dontbanmebro wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
So whatever misguided data it is that you are working from, perhaps you should take a longer, harder look. Maybe post with your brain.

Incurions, datacores, loot drops, bounty cut, all predominantly affect hisec income.

Slashed, slashed, and slashed, with a forecast for more slashing.

Make all the I is a gonna quit! posts you guys want, not gonna change the course now.

Balanced, balanced, balanced and with a forecast for more balancing, as with everything else in the game.

Next!

EDIT: For content.

Incursions were so over the top that they needed balancing in relation to achievable income. Datacores needed balancing owing to them being completely passive and not requiring a great deal of time to train for, loot drops were balanced for the sake of the mining profession and not as a nerf to high sec income, and bounties seem to scale depending on numerous factors, such as how many people use a particular agent and where that agent is located.

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#185 - 2012-06-21 14:13:47 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
So whatever misguided data it is that you are working from, perhaps you should take a longer, harder look. Maybe post with your brain.

Incurions, datacores, loot drops, bounty cut, all predominantly affect hisec income.

Slashed, slashed, and slashed, with a forecast for more slashing.

Make all the I is a gonna quit! posts you guys want, not gonna change the course now.

You reminded me of a thing I was annoyed about but forgot: why are there no research agents in 0.0?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#186 - 2012-06-21 14:23:10 UTC
Cloned S0ul wrote:
Nullbears cry about lvl 4 missions ... Come on, you all are realy bored, grab your guns shot som one !

What do you think Hulkageddon is if not that?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#187 - 2012-06-21 14:25:17 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Cloned S0ul wrote:
Nullbears cry about lvl 4 missions ... Come on, you all are realy bored, grab your guns shot som one !

What do you think Hulkageddon is if not that?

Bacon!

RIP Vile Rat

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#188 - 2012-06-21 14:28:42 UTC
Doddy wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Doddy wrote:

There are not really that many true bears anyway. Most hi sec concentrated players are simply labouring under miscomprehensions about what is required to play eve on hard mode or suffer from low self confidence in their ability.

*EERRRRGGG* WRONG ANSWER.

Actually, a lot of high sec dwellers could not care less about null sec, it has nothing to do with being risk averse, a desire to ISK, lack of confidence or any lack of comprehension. They just do not care.

I didn't say anything about null sec tbh, but you are making a lot assumptions. What makes you think you are right? Having gone through inumberable hi sec corps and recruited many people from hi sec corps, and chatted to many hi sec players including those i have just ganked i can tell you straight out that the majority love the idea of the "full" eve experience but because they read terrible sperge threads on eve-o they think anything other than hi sec is horrendously dangerous and frequented only by high sp super rich mega chars. "i don't have enough sp" or i don't have enough isk" are the overwhelming factor behind the self imposed hi sec exile of most that i have spoken to. At least 5 pilots that i ganked in the last month are now pvping simply through chatting with me after i killed them. Another group took my advice and took their mining operations to a wormhole. Clearly these are the actions of people who were just in need of a little guidance.

Wrong again. You can tell me that the majority of people YOU met might like the idea of leaving high sec and nothing more, so stop generalising. Also I made no assumption at all, I merely looked at all available data and drew my conclusions from there. My point still stands and I stand by my point, a lot of high sec dwellers could not care less about leaving high sec.

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#189 - 2012-06-21 14:38:29 UTC

This looks like an exciting thread :)

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#190 - 2012-06-21 14:39:24 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:

This looks like an exciting thread :)

Hello Jade! It is most enthralling.

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#191 - 2012-06-21 14:44:09 UTC

So its basically an argument about why hisec dwellers don't want to go to 0.0 is it ?

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#192 - 2012-06-21 14:47:36 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:

So its basically an argument about why hisec dwellers don't want to go to 0.0 is it ?

It's the same old "nerf high sec and force high sec dwellers to go to null" rubbish sadly. It seems that people lack even a rudimentary understanding of psychology.

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#193 - 2012-06-21 15:00:07 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:

It's the same old "nerf high sec and force high sec dwellers to go to null" rubbish sadly. It seems that people lack even a rudimentary understanding of psychology.

Oh dear. The big problem with that argument is that it really doesn't appreciate that nullsec itself is very unattractive to many players. Lots of people don't like the idea of being shouted at by idiots on teamspeak, being forced into CTA's, being told where they can rat, where they can mine, when they have to logon and how high they have to jump.

The issue really is that 0.0 has become a virtual uniform monoculture with one structural format and only one mode of play. There is far more variety in lowsec (or even hisec) than nullsec can offer. I wouldn't lay the blame entirely with the players though, I think CCP have failed to promote gameplay variety in nullsec for half a decade now. As long as there is only one optimal path to success and wealth in nullsec people are going to choose that path, and where the path leads is mega alliances in perma naps sucking moon-minerals out of static resources while lording it over the peasants.

Once upon a time in Eve you could plan to go to 0.0 to kick over the established order, to destroy an alliance, to sieze power or liberate a benighted region with your heroic comrades at arms beside you.

These days the only people that go to 0.0 are joiners and followers who dig the workaday pattern of the cubicle-monkey and the wage slave.

Its perhaps Eve's deepest and most enduring irony that the genuine rebels and non-conformists of space are more likely to be found flipping cans in Jita or trying to mine ice during hulkageddon than out on the frontier. Nullsec has become sanitized corporate collectivism gone mad - its 9-5 administrators putting in their shift and boring their brains to self-destruct levels of lassitude.

And this is why these days the most exciting thing in nullsec is in hisec when the aristrocratic functionaries come to get their kicks hunting the urban poor for sport. (sounds a bit like a jean claud van damme film when you think of it like that).

Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#194 - 2012-06-21 15:07:07 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

lof of stuff

So, which alternative would you choose?

before L4s buff, before incursion, I only heard people talk about sanctum which is the most stable and profitable way to make isk
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#195 - 2012-06-21 15:13:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicolo da'Vicenza
ElQuirko wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Why will trying to get more people in low or null fail miserably?

Because nobody will go. People in highsec like the safety of highsec. That is why they are there, and that is why hulkageddon gets so many whines. This will not work, no matter what you do.

I beg to differ. If people who lived in highsec were risk-intolerant and incapable of following incentives (not good arguments to not balance a game around btw), Hulkageddon Infinity would have resulted in all of them quitting, instead of reshipping to covetors.
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#196 - 2012-06-21 15:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Cloned S0ul
lv4s to profitable? even they generate xx mil per day per one casual they may aford after two day hardcore farming, two full fited bc or bs, the problem is not about incomes problem is to bring those people to pvp, some of them dont want pvp! a crarebear will be always carebear, no mater where he earn isk! in hi sec or null space he wont join pvp, some of you cant understant this...

In other perspective what bad with big incomes form lvl 4 missions ? personaly i have to grind them somtime week long to buy like one recon or logi + bs tier3, two month ago or more i lose rokh + scimitar while trying pvp with alt in low sec, it cost me +400mil that few day of grinding missions...

Nerfing lvl 4 make no sense for me, for some people lvl 4 are source to earn money for pvp... Ships are expensive, and some people like to use expensive ships, that way missions should generate good incomes, can you imagine lvl 4 missiion who generate 5mil isk ? 2 hour farming to get mony that give you ability yo buy like two tech 2 modules...

Again people wont enter low sec if CCP move lvl 4 to low sec etc! you wont get easy canon fodders because some of you are noobs who love to kill pve fited ships.

Nullbear terar best tears.
Justin Thyme
The Salvage and Reclamation Guild
#197 - 2012-06-21 15:21:52 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Nick Bete wrote:
Why do you hive mind geniuses of the goonies care? Let everyone play the damned game as they see fit.

We don't care if you move to nullsec or not. We do care, however, that actually living in nullsec (i.e. not just logging in your nullsec PvP main for fleets, but actually living there) is simply not worth the extra effort and risk compared to making ISK with a hisec l4 alt.

Also answer the other question I asked.

The extra risk is part of your enjoyment of the game. Just like the safety is someone elses enjoyment of the game.
Not taking sides. Just making a point.

Tom

"Hunting rats is like mining for scrap metal... and occasionally striking gold"  I don't shoot people. That would be wrong. I do however shoot Ore Thiev...-- Justin Thyme

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#198 - 2012-06-21 15:22:52 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Why is your L4 runner is in hi sec then? Is it you who are totally risk averse, since ratting ships are not welfare subsidized and reimbursed?

Let's presume you've got 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and that you're a coward so you choose L4s. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for L4s, and you reliably make, say, 70-80m/day for no effort and no risk.

Let's presume you have the same 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and you're not quite the coward, so you choose to make your money in nullsec. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for the most lucrative sanctum, and you try to run them. However, one day you get interrupted by 2-3 roaming gangs, and the next 3-4 days some blackops/bombers gang has decided to camp 4-5 different systems, yours amongst them. The first two days you just don't do anything, the third you start to get impatient because you haven't made much isk this week, and on the fourth you say **** it and run sanctums anyways. And you get popped. And you're now left having to buy a new ship and mods, which may or may not need to be imported from hisec, which may take a day or two to arrange. And after all this is said and done, you're now left with less isk than you started with, whereas the guy who just went for L4s are now +800m.

This isn't rocket science.

So what I read there is that me, the "lol hi sec bear" when I was in 0.0 (there's a some days old GD thread with screen shots) I accepted the risk, was not a coward.

On the other side you are one and want to nerf hi sec because you are a coward? That's some powerful argument!
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#199 - 2012-06-21 15:27:17 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Why is your L4 runner is in hi sec then? Is it you who are totally risk averse, since ratting ships are not welfare subsidized and reimbursed?

Let's presume you've got 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and that you're a coward so you choose L4s. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for L4s, and you reliably make, say, 70-80m/day for no effort and no risk.

Let's presume you have the same 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and you're not quite the coward, so you choose to make your money in nullsec. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for the most lucrative sanctum, and you try to run them. However, one day you get interrupted by 2-3 roaming gangs, and the next 3-4 days some blackops/bombers gang has decided to camp 4-5 different systems, yours amongst them. The first two days you just don't do anything, the third you start to get impatient because you haven't made much isk this week, and on the fourth you say **** it and run sanctums anyways. And you get popped. And you're now left having to buy a new ship and mods, which may or may not need to be imported from hisec, which may take a day or two to arrange. And after all this is said and done, you're now left with less isk than you started with, whereas the guy who just went for L4s are now +800m.

This isn't rocket science.

So what I read there is that me, the "lol hi sec bear" when I was in 0.0 (there's a some days old GD thread with screen shots) I accepted the risk, was not a coward.

On the other side you are one and want to nerf hi sec because you are a coward? That's some powerful argument!

This thread now is about e-honour and virile "never see the sun" mom's basement habitants. Cowardice is bad ugly and...

"People Power !!"

Let's do this. Lol

brb

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#200 - 2012-06-21 15:28:10 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

So the entire thing went straight over your head?

RIP Vile Rat