These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Go ahead CCP, listen to the people in the "make null virbant again" thread

First post
Author
dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#161 - 2012-06-21 13:37:15 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Incorrect. Nerfing high sec space will NOT encourage people to move, ever. As was pointed out earlier this would be a spectacularly bad business strategy. I understand that you do not like high sec, and feel that you are somehow entitled to control the game play of others by transitioning them through high, to low, to null, but that will not happen.

True high sec dwellers will no more go to null sec, than a true null sec dweller would ever move to high sec. No-one is expecting null seccers to move, so why should it be expected of people living in high sec? Does them being there really disturb your calm THAT much?

It`s already been explained that true hisec players are absolutely irrelevant. What CCP is concerned with now is hisec as a trap for new players, and a big part of that trap is incredibly lowrisk isk-faucets in hisec. The people who would never leave hisec under any conditions will continue to join the game, grind in ships to get better grinding ships, and then eventually quit. Their Eve lifecycle is utterly meaningless in anything you do.

What will change is those people who would venture out and try new things if they were faced iwth a situation where they couldn`t get the stuff they wanted fast enough doing the sologrind in hisec. These people will then venture out, and some of them will stay in the more compelling parts of the game, thereby contributing to a more interesting and dynamic game, which finally brings in more people and retains them in compelling game areas at a higher rate.

Again, this isn`t a matter of debate. I`m explaining to people what is happening, while also enjoying their impotent rage at their continued loss of easy spacebux.

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#162 - 2012-06-21 13:37:39 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

Why is your L4 runner is in hi sec then? Is it you who are totally risk averse, since ratting ships are not welfare subsidized and reimbursed?

Because to some people, making a little isk but being able to do it whenever they please and comfortably (not having to d-scan once) is better than making loads more isk doing the same thing in NPC null but having to face risks and inconveniences

So, I who was in nullsec doing L4 and in other games I post my PvP videos am called names and risk averse, while THEY who are holy are those giving the bad example and keep their alts in hi sec?

Question for you. What makes null sec so much better than high sec?

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#163 - 2012-06-21 13:39:53 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:

It`s already been explained that true hisec players are absolutely irrelevant. What CCP is concerned with now is hisec as a trap for new players, and a big part of that trap is incredibly lowrisk isk-faucets in hisec. The people who would never leave hisec under any conditions will continue to join the game, grind in ships to get better grinding ships, and then eventually quit. Their Eve lifecycle is utterly meaningless in anything you do.

The low retention players will just stay a lot shorter time once they learn they have all of 10 days to experience your fantastic EvE before all the EvE content they explored is over.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#164 - 2012-06-21 13:40:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Cutter Isaacson
dontbanmebro wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Incorrect. Nerfing high sec space will NOT encourage people to move, ever. As was pointed out earlier this would be a spectacularly bad business strategy. I understand that you do not like high sec, and feel that you are somehow entitled to control the game play of others by transitioning them through high, to low, to null, but that will not happen.

True high sec dwellers will no more go to null sec, than a true null sec dweller would ever move to high sec. No-one is expecting null seccers to move, so why should it be expected of people living in high sec? Does them being there really disturb your calm THAT much?

What will change is those people who would venture out and try new things if they were faced iwth a situation where they couldn`t get the stuff they wanted fast enough doing the sologrind in hisec. These people will then venture out, and some of them will stay in the more compelling parts of the game, thereby contributing to a more interesting and dynamic game, which finally brings in more people and retains them in compelling game areas at a higher rate.

Again, this isn`t a matter of debate. I`m explaining to people what is happening, while also enjoying their impotent rage at their continued loss of easy spacebux.

Again, you are wrong. The only people who will ever leave high sec are those that WANT to. It will not make a single iota of difference if you nerf high sec to try and force people out. What you fail to understand is that you cannot change the mentality of the incoming players, all you can ever hope to do is attract more of the kind who will WANT to go to null sec.

Hope that clears things up for you.

EDIT: Also, who are you to decide what is compelling for every possible player that might decide to come to EVE?

Blastcaps Madullier
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#165 - 2012-06-21 13:41:21 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The only trend they managed to achieve from CCP so far, is to ruin Hulkageddon forever as CCP are going to buff mining ships to the begeezus come next expansion.

maybe you should thank matari for "sponsoring emergent gameplay" with perma hulkagedon for that :)
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#166 - 2012-06-21 13:42:26 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Question for you. What makes null sec so much better than high sec?

Corp mates, they were a wonderful bunch. I really regretted when I could not log in but once a week any more and thus felt just like a drain on my mates.

I miss them every day, when they mail me I tell them. And I always miss the drunk FC fleets, the fleets with our FC getting his house on fire (alarm and all) but he stayed to FC.

Epic times.

Ah, what about ISK? Boh, never needed any, we got reimbursed everything even fitted capitals.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#167 - 2012-06-21 13:42:54 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Post with your main first or are you AFFRAID :D

dontbanmebro: Federal Navy Academy [FNA] from 2012.06.18 17:01 to this day

*giggles*

They're banned.

You can check them out if you want...for whatever reason.

Darth Tickles

Setrakdark

Yeah I wonder why Roll

IBTB

Tal
dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#168 - 2012-06-21 13:43:54 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Again, you are wrong. The only people who will ever leave high sec are those that WANT to. It will not make a single iota of difference if you nerf high sec to try and force people out. What you fail to understand is that you cannot change the mentality of the incoming players, all you can ever hope to do is attract more of the kind who will WANT to go to null sec.

EDIT: Also, who are you to decide what is compelling for every possible player that might decide to come to EVE?

Again, I`m happy for you that you think we are debating here. Enjoy your illusion.

I`m telling you the theory that CCP is currently operating under, and why they have nerfed hisec income and will continue to do so.

You probably should have voiced your opinions when it mattered because right now they are utterly moot and in direct opposition to the ideas that CCP is currently using to change the game for the better.
Lady Zarrina
New Eden Browncoats
#169 - 2012-06-21 13:44:00 UTC
Look as long as Nullsec spews constant venomous hatred for hi-sec carebears, they will never head out there in the number you desire. They simply are not wanted, except for moving targets.

This is not the problem to making null-sec vibrant. Make null-sec fun for everyone and they will come. Beat them with a stick over and over again, they may just quit. Now I know you elite Eve players in Null will say, fine... get the frak outta here. But just be careful what you wish for.

Now, in the other thread there are some valid ideas. And improving the manufacturing/production side of the game should help some. But if you want to live in Null and can't figure out how to make very decent money there, then there is no hope for you. You are simply simple.

EVE: All about Flying Frisky and Making Iskie

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#170 - 2012-06-21 13:45:51 UTC
People assume ALL Hiseccers never roam null, never lose ships, don't get to null because they are ~weak~...

I don't know where to begin really...

Hisec is fine.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#171 - 2012-06-21 13:46:37 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Again, I`m happy for you that you think we are debating here. Enjoy your illusion.

I`m telling you the theory that CCP is currently operating under, and why they have nerfed hisec income and will continue to do so.

You probably should have voiced your opinions when it mattered because right now they are utterly moot and in direct opposition to the ideas that CCP is currently using to change the game for the better.

Just a little quote from elsewhere

Ban Bindy wrote:
There is no way to force people out of high sec into null. That strategy has failed for years and will continue to fail. Null has to attract people on its own terms.

CCP are NOT doing what you seem to think they are doing. Why do you think there are certain moon goo changes, POS changes and other Null changes on the books? Could it be to make Null an easier, more dynamic and thus more attractive place to live? I think that it might be.

So whatever misguided data it is that you are working from, perhaps you should take a longer, harder look. Maybe post with your brain.

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#172 - 2012-06-21 13:47:57 UTC
Blastcaps Madullier wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
The only trend they managed to achieve from CCP so far, is to ruin Hulkageddon forever as CCP are going to buff mining ships to the begeezus come next expansion.

maybe you should thank matari for "sponsoring emergent gameplay" with perma hulkagedon for that :)

Mittani*

And Hulkageddon will continue, I wouldn't worry about that.

Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#173 - 2012-06-21 13:47:57 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:

CCP wants subs period.

And PLEX sales. P
Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#174 - 2012-06-21 13:49:13 UTC
Lady Zarrina wrote:
Look as long as Nullsec spews constant venomous hatred for hi-sec carebears, they will never head out there in the number you desire. They simply are not wanted, except for moving targets.

This is not the problem to making null-sec vibrant. Make null-sec fun for everyone and they will come. Beat them with a stick over and over again, they may just quit. Now I know you elite Eve players in Null will say, fine... get the frak outta here. But just be careful what you wish for.

As I said in several threads since weeks, null sec is entirely player made content.

What impression does the new player get when the see their player made content produces such kind of people and behaviors?
Blastcaps Madullier
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#175 - 2012-06-21 13:50:42 UTC
Lady Zarrina wrote:
But if you want to live in Null and can't figure out how to make very decent money there, then there is no hope for you. You are simply simple.

or the area of nullsec your living in sucks for making isk lol *cough* syndicate *cough*
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#176 - 2012-06-21 13:51:02 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Lady Zarrina wrote:

As I said in several threads since weeks, null sec is entirely player made content.

What impression does the new player get when the see their player made content produces such kind of people and behaviors?

Simple. Either it appeals to them, or it doesn't. Either way that is out of everyone's hands, except maybe the advertising team.

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#177 - 2012-06-21 13:52:22 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Why is your L4 runner is in hi sec then? Is it you who are totally risk averse, since ratting ships are not welfare subsidized and reimbursed?

Let's presume you've got 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and that you're a coward so you choose L4s. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for L4s, and you reliably make, say, 70-80m/day for no effort and no risk.

Let's presume you have the same 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and you're not quite the coward, so you choose to make your money in nullsec. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for the most lucrative sanctum, and you try to run them. However, one day you get interrupted by 2-3 roaming gangs, and the next 3-4 days some blackops/bombers gang has decided to camp 4-5 different systems, yours amongst them. The first two days you just don't do anything, the third you start to get impatient because you haven't made much isk this week, and on the fourth you say **** it and run sanctums anyways. And you get popped. And you're now left having to buy a new ship and mods, which may or may not need to be imported from hisec, which may take a day or two to arrange. And after all this is said and done, you're now left with less isk than you started with, whereas the guy who just went for L4s are now +800m.

This isn't rocket science.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#178 - 2012-06-21 13:53:11 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
So whatever misguided data it is that you are working from, perhaps you should take a longer, harder look. Maybe post with your brain.

Incurions, datacores, loot drops, bounty cut, all predominantly affect hisec income.

Slashed, slashed, and slashed, with a forecast for more slashing.

Make all the I is a gonna quit! posts you guys want, not gonna change the course now.
Cloned S0ul
POCKOCMOC Inc.
#179 - 2012-06-21 13:56:39 UTC
Nullbears cry about lvl 4 missions ... Come on, you all are realy bored, grab your guns shot som one ! here no need to nerf missions etc, carebears in empire isn't your problems in 0.0, you all who living in 0.0 are responsible for your area and game progres, why so meny whine here, here enough space and alliances in 0.0 space to fight, in fact you dont have balzz or resources to invade enemy null space, and for this fact you blame missions runers in empire ?

This is ****** santbox dont force people to play like you want, let them play like they want, here a lot casuals a lot people who prefer chill mode while pve etc, they have right to play like they want because they pay money every month, i dont get it, you need mass of cannon fodder form empire because you cant fight vs big allys etc.

I think here is big problem already in 0.0 mechanic ,alliances who living in 0.0 got to much moons incomes and other resourecs, game is overloaded with titans, super cariers etc, this need balance not a carebar land.

In fact 0.0 space produce to much incomes, that alow alliances to bulid infinite numbers of capitatal withaut realy big risk and atention to game, moons incomes are to much pasive end easy money.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#180 - 2012-06-21 13:56:39 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
you're a coward so you choose L4s.

Lol