These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Go ahead CCP, listen to the people in the "make null virbant again" thread

First post
Author
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2012-06-21 12:53:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Zim
Yes, there'll always be people who are too risk averse to go into nullsec, but that's a far cry from ElQuirko's "NOBODY WILL GO!".

As I've said before, I know of a lot of former corpmates of mine who would love to go to nullsec, but the rewards just don't match up to the risks for them.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#122 - 2012-06-21 12:55:37 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Yes, there'll always be people who are too risk averse to go into nullsec, but that's a far cry from ElQuirko's "NOBODY WILL GO!".

As I've said before, I know of a lot of former corpmates of mine who would love to go to nullsec, but the rewards just don't match up to the risks for them.

This is the reason I am based in High Sec.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2012-06-21 12:56:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ceptia Cyna
Lord Zim wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:
People in highsec like the safety of highsec. That is why they are there, and that is why hulkageddon gets so many whines. This will not work, no matter what you do.

So why wouldn't making nullsec comparatively much better than hisec (in comparison to risk/reward) make the people I just spoke of take the plunge, or f.ex me take my current hisec L4 runner back into nullsec?

Because its not about REWARD its about RISK! People in Highsec do not want the RISK no matter whatever REWARD you throw at them.

People will just stay in Highsec or quit the game.

Edit:
Over a very long run you could try to figure out a mechanic that will lead new players to embrace the Low / 0.0 playstyle which might varry a real lot between those two. I must admit i have no idead how to implement it.

But as it is you have to much assholes that rip you off if you want to join "juice" 0.0 like the g00ns do from time to time.

There is just no community a highsec carebear wants to be part of.
Xhaiden Ora
Doomheim
#124 - 2012-06-21 12:58:11 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
So, which alternative would you choose?

To be bluntly honest that doesn't make the mission runner a coward, it makes the nullseccer a stubborn fool. The mission runner is running missions specifically because he'd like to play the game without an orgy of douchebags interrupting him every 15 minutes.

I don't know why null is so deadset on ruining and demeaning other player's playstyles. If you want to improve your area of the sandbox, great. But why do you think one area can only be improved if you **** in another? Null has a severe image problem and obviously a host of fundamental mechanical problems. Several of which I do agree are a problem that needs to be looked at but you're not going to get my support to fix it by trying to **** in my corner of the game in the process.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#125 - 2012-06-21 12:59:15 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:
People in highsec like the safety of highsec. That is why they are there, and that is why hulkageddon gets so many whines. This will not work, no matter what you do.

So why wouldn't making nullsec comparatively much better than hisec (in comparison to risk/reward) make the people I just spoke of take the plunge, or f.ex me take my current hisec L4 runner back into nullsec?

Because its not about REWARD its about RISK! People in Highsec do not want the RISK no matter whatever REWARD you throw at them.

If that were true they would not be averse to any nerfing of high sec. I mean so long as it doesn't increase your risk it won't matter how badly the rewards are reduced. Is that what you are saying?

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#126 - 2012-06-21 13:00:13 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:

Not all, that's why null sec should be made better rather than ruining the game in hi sec.

At the end of the day CCP don't want to lose subs from either end of the spectrum.

Tal

dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#127 - 2012-06-21 13:00:22 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

And nobody cares about those people.

The target is new players who get stuck.

The best part is the hisec forum warriors talking as if this is a "debate". We're telling you what is happening and what is going to continue happening to the game. We've won, you've lost. A general hisec nerf has already started and will continue until it's no longer a trap for new players, but a natural transition into more compelling and retentive parts of the game.

Even if the people trapped in hisec were to unsub, which they won't, it wouldn't matter.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#128 - 2012-06-21 13:02:03 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

The best part is the hisec forum warriors talking as if this is a "debate". We're telling you what is happening and what is going to continue happening to the game. We've won, you've lost. A general hisec nerf has already started and will continue until it's no longer a trap for new players, but a natural transition into more compelling and retentive parts of the game.

Even if the people trapped in hisec were to unsub, which they won't, it wouldn't matter.

Shut up.

Tal

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#129 - 2012-06-21 13:03:57 UTC
Antisocial Malkavian wrote:
I and everyone I know will do what Goons are doing: Go to MWO

Woo House Liao

Lowtax

Squaaaaaaak

You mean I get to shoot goons with BATTLEMECHS now. Hell yea.

Also, Liao sucks, Go Davion woot!
Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2012-06-21 13:04:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Ceptia Cyna
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:

If that were true they would not be averse to any nerfing of high sec. I mean so long as it doesn't increase your risk it won't matter how badly the rewards are reduced. Is that what you are saying?

Nah, stop trolling. People love the game, ofc they will be upset if you make there game less desireable to play. Thats a normal reaction, its the reaction before deinstalling the game and quiting.

The Problem is that result of "Nerfing High Sec to the ground" is not people moving to low or 0.0 but people leaving the game.

Edit:

Why do you think most MMOs have PVE and PVP Shards? Cause the playerbase is awalys split between them.

In EVE you have one big PVP shard where PVP is possible everywhere but with different consequences, but you need both playerbases to run an MMO. EvE simply can not exist without the carebears nor the pvpers, it can not exist without people wo pay for monthly play or plex neither without those that buy plex for beeing able to extend sub.
Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2012-06-21 13:05:45 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

[...]Even if the people trapped in hisec were to unsub, which they won't, it wouldn't matter.

CCP disagrees. Bear
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#132 - 2012-06-21 13:05:49 UTC
Herr Hammer Draken wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
what i don't understand is why hiseccers, who have substantially lower individual overhead than anybody in nullsec, feel entitled to nullsec levels of personal income

eh so where is your alt oh yea in high sec. Earning income for your null sec activities.
eh...

nope. it he have never been in high-sec since i moved into 0.0.... it is simply too many ISK sources around to even bother with missions....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#133 - 2012-06-21 13:07:49 UTC
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
dontbanmebro wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

Shut up.

Tal

To be fair he is being very blunt, but what he says is generally speaking accurate.

It's mostly just a matter of seeing how far CCP are going to roll with the current trend, and how they're going to continue implementing it.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#134 - 2012-06-21 13:08:55 UTC  |  Edited by: dontbanmebro
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
Shut up.

I'm sorry, did you think your extensive forum warrioring actually meant something? Like you were "fighting the good fight" against the ravages of the "nullbears"?

After the Incarna debacle a new path for Eve was chosen. This path is one where hisec is a starter area that funnels people out into the rest of the game. An inherent element of these changes is a general nerf to hisec income, which has already begun. This general nerf will continue until the hisec sologrind is merely a stepping stone to other parts of the game, and no longer a viable alternative to any other sec area or even teamgrind in hisec.

You can cry and moan and lash out all you want, nothing will change the course now.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#135 - 2012-06-21 13:10:41 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
dontbanmebro wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

[...]Even if the people trapped in hisec were to unsub, which they won't, it wouldn't matter.

CCP disagrees. Bear

Actually if you look at the average character's SP across high and null, you'll notice high sec has considerably worse player retention than null sec.

Meaning from a business perspective, CCP value null sec customers more.

Just sayin'

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2012-06-21 13:11:02 UTC
dontbanmebro wrote:
You can cry and moan and lash out all you want, nothing will change the course now.

Ofc, the loss of REAL MONEY by CCP will change everything, its a company and they need money.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#137 - 2012-06-21 13:12:44 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
ElQuirko wrote:
Because nobody will go.

I know of quite a few people who'd like to go to nullsec, because they like the idea, but it just isn't worth the risk and effort right now.

ElQuirko wrote:

I have some issues understanding this.

When I was in NPC 0.0, I did L4 in 0.0 (doh!). The LP was incredibly better, the pirate BPCs lovely. There was a public channel where people announced if there were incoming neutrals but tbh all it took was to look at local and see if some unknown name came in. Never lost a ship, would get interrupted twice a day tops.

Why is your L4 runner is in hi sec then? Is it you who are totally risk averse, since ratting ships are not welfare subsidized and reimbursed?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#138 - 2012-06-21 13:14:01 UTC
So basically, this is a "if you change the part of the game I play, you, ccp will lose money" logical fallacy thread?

Nonsense.

High Sec carebear/solo/casual players play in a game that most of them (the non-oblivious ones at least) know is not carebear/solo/casual friendly at all. And yet they stay.

They get ganked, they stay.

They get scammed

They get their incursions nerfed, they stay.

CCP introduces new content in lw and null and even invents a new sector of space (WHs) with cool content, they stay in eve, in hgh sec.

The truth is, the OP has no idea what other people will do, stop trying to be everyone's spokesman, also stop trying to fear-monger CCP into doing your bidding. If you don't want something to happen, make a logical case, not a whiney irrational crap post.
dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#139 - 2012-06-21 13:14:56 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Ofc, the loss of REAL MONEY by CCP will change everything, its a company and they need money.

But they won't lose money. They'll make money.

CCP has learned their lesson as to what sells Eve, and it's not what you want.

Again, this discussion is already over. This battle for the heart of Eve was fought and won after Incarna, you lost it, and now it's just a matter of implementation.
Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#140 - 2012-06-21 13:15:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ceptia Cyna
Jenn aSide wrote:

They get ganked, they stay.

They get scammed

They get their incursions nerfed, they stay.

CCP introduces new content in lw and null and even invents a new sector of space (WHs) with cool content, they stay in eve, in hgh sec.

You got numbers that proves this?

Stop whining please those tears make the page wet allready :D

dontbanmebro wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

But they won't lose money. They'll make money.

CCP has learned their lesson as to what sells Eve, and it's not what you want.

Again, this discussion is already over. This battle for the heart of Eve was fought and won after Incarna, you lost it, and now it's just a matter of implementation.

Keep telling you this in your 0.0 Blueball with noone around to fight any longer :D

dontbanmebro: Federal Navy Academy [FNA] from 2012.06.18 17:01 to this day

That made me LOL so HARD :D