These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Go ahead CCP, listen to the people in the "make null virbant again" thread

First post
Author
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#101 - 2012-06-21 11:56:57 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Hisec got any nerfs prior to the incursion nerf?

Level 5s moving to low sec?

Other than that I can only think of buffs, both to safety and income.

All at separate time points:

2 x L4 mission nerfs before that (I was on first line asking for them BTW as the income was way too good).
Removal of certain module drops before that.

Making agents send to more distant systems is also not a buff (I don't remember why they did that, maybe to spread nodes CPU load).

Tax increase is mostly aimed at Jita and the other major hubs so while not being specifically targetted at hi sec, it's where it hits the most.

Some anomalies got their stuff removed (i.e. they had 3 cans now only one is full. Or they had an explodable structure that now drops nothing).

Most missions got their roids either removed or replaced with Veldspar + Scordite + Pyroxeres. This also applied to L3 iirc.

Some missions had random faction spawns, now they either don't have any more or it's a very very rare event.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#102 - 2012-06-21 11:57:10 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Talon SilverHawk wrote:
LVL 4's have been hit a few times already, they are a shadow of their former selves.

Citation needed.

Removal of drone ores, metal scraps, reduction in quantity of loot, hi level loot now nearly non existent, manufactured loot removal ......

Tal

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#103 - 2012-06-21 12:02:54 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Inferno Patch:

"NPC ships will no longer drop manufacturable T1 loot. NPCs will continue to drop modules, however T1 items which have a blueprint will no longer drop, making player manufacturing the primary source for these items."
Replaced with "metal scraps" reduced the overall loot that drops.

Not sure what level this nerfs L4s, but I believe this was mainly done to help make mining a viable profession again.

Ceptia Cyna wrote:
"Drone Loot Changes" - Drones Bounty + No Loot ads to less overall value if iam not misstaken.

This wasn't L4s, though, this was a specific null region nerf. And again, this was mainly done to help make mining a viable profession again.

Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Tyrannis
Level 5 Missions corrected to now only lead to low/0.0 again, reversed back from high-sec

Not an L4 nerf, but yes, I'd forgotten that those sometimes went to hisec. I've no idea how hard they were abused before they were moved to lowsec.

Ceptia Cyna wrote:
2010 sometimes

I recall some balancing on Mining/Courier Missions that could be blitzed for a quite nice LP/ISK Income with very few effort.

I'm not sure I'd call "closing a loophole/exploit" for "a nerf", to be honest.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#104 - 2012-06-21 12:06:29 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Nothing at all.

It is this mentality that makes high sec stale. We have no problem being shot at my rats in L4 missions but you put a human being behind that flashy red + and we don't want to have anything to do with that!

I would also recommend that you read the other thread that this one is referencing (albeit in a nonconstructive and whiny way). I was quite taken with the ability of people on both sides of this issue having an engaging and informative discussion in some pages in between the same kind of uninformed crap that you are now posting here.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#105 - 2012-06-21 12:13:41 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
bla bla bla

Run out of arguements we are? Posting the same nonsense here and there. :D
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2012-06-21 12:17:39 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Nothing at all.

So, what you're saying is that nullsec players are more open-minded than you.

Ceptia Cyna wrote:
If you want more pew pew change the mechanics in low or mostly 0.0 that prevent fights to happen.

What's that you say? Farms and fields? A much easier to conquer SOV system?

Don't mind if they would.

Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Do not try to get more people in low or 0.0 make it more attractive for the residents to fight / undock.

Why shouldn't we try to get more people in low or null?

RIP Vile Rat

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#107 - 2012-06-21 12:20:12 UTC
The problems in null have nothing to do with income in highsec. They have everything to do with a lack of influx of new players in the game. Nerf highsec if you want, but you only make the chance of new players staying beyond their trial period that less likely. Regardless that null might have a better player experience for newbs, how are they to know it when they don't examine the forums day after day and have no idea about how the game is played out there. You can't assume everyone in the game has ties to someone in the more dangerous parts of space.

Highsec needs to be a fun environment that appeals to and prepares newbs. With that said some people will never move to dangerous space. The game shouldn't be constructed to expunge them. In fact, they're the type that encourage newbies, teach them and ultimately promote through knowledge sharing, more dangerous aspects of gameplay, i.e. nullsec life.

The short sightedness of people in this game amazes me everyday.

Don't ban me, bro!

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#108 - 2012-06-21 12:22:10 UTC  |  Edited by: ElQuirko
Move moon mining to highsec and move L3/L4 missions to low/nullsec. Seems like a fair compromise to me.

Dodixie > Hek

Ceptia Cyna
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#109 - 2012-06-21 12:23:29 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Do not try to get more people in low or 0.0 make it more attractive for the residents to fight / undock.

Because it will misserably fail and CCP will loose customers that wont come back.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#110 - 2012-06-21 12:24:44 UTC
Ceptia Cyna wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:
Ceptia Cyna wrote:

Because it will misserably fail and CCP will loose customers that wont come back.

Why will trying to get more people in low or null fail miserably?

RIP Vile Rat

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2012-06-21 12:25:59 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:

Because nobody will go. People in highsec like the safety of highsec. That is why they are there, and that is why hulkageddon gets so many whines. This will not work, no matter what you do.

Dodixie > Hek

Alexandra Delarge
The Korova
#112 - 2012-06-21 12:30:13 UTC
I agree with the OP. Hisec is a horrible place mostly filled with self entitled failures who think that they should be able to compete with sov holding alliances.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#113 - 2012-06-21 12:31:16 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Because nobody will go.

I know of quite a few people who'd like to go to nullsec, because they like the idea, but it just isn't worth the risk and effort right now.

ElQuirko wrote:
People in highsec like the safety of highsec. That is why they are there, and that is why hulkageddon gets so many whines. This will not work, no matter what you do.

So why wouldn't making nullsec comparatively much better than hisec (in comparison to risk/reward) make the people I just spoke of take the plunge, or f.ex me take my current hisec L4 runner back into nullsec?

RIP Vile Rat

Crunchie Attuxors
Always Another Corporate Venture
#114 - 2012-06-21 12:34:44 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:

did you make this up?

don't answer that (you did)

No, but as I said, I am essentially talking out of my ass - and so are you - unless CCP makes the quantitative longitudinal data available.

If CCP considers this data Super Sekret, then use the NDA they have with the CSM, and have the CSM look at the data (as a whole group) and tell the community (As a whole) what is the actual make up of Eve is in the form of "Majority in highsec" or "About the same" so no actual . That would settle the question.

Richard Desturned wrote:

and how did you reach that conclusion? there are tons of nullseccers who use hisec alts to fund their PvP.

So do I. I am not saying it doesn't happen. I am saying that there is nothing in the mechanic that forces this, and that the inverse is more likely/common. No one would jump the ungodly amounts of jumps it takes from Jita, even using jump gates and jump freighters, from any nullsec hub if it didn't make good isk.

In other words, the people that fund nullsec with highsec do so for personal reasons, not mechanics reasons.
Eve forums official anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudOFG5X6uA Real men tank hull. Fake women shield-tank Gallente.
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#115 - 2012-06-21 12:38:10 UTC
Lord Zim wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
I've done both, and I can tell you that there is no social aspect to incursions. Whereas the social aspect was the only reason I ever went out to null sec (I'm a low sec pirate at heart).

Oh god, I loathed the fact CCP made the incursion window pop up on top of everything else. It made me have to watch **** like:
[whatever **** shiptype is best] LFSF!

etc. It was seriously like watching some WOW video, and it made me want to drag my brain out my eyesockets to stop the pain.

I'm a tanker, I'm a healer, I'm the mother of all aggro stealers, get down!

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

Blastcaps Madullier
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#116 - 2012-06-21 12:39:11 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
what i don't understand is why hiseccers, who have substantially lower individual overhead than anybody in nullsec, feel entitled to nullsec levels of personal income

erm nullsec levels of income? ever tried making isk pve wise in syndicate? :P
dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#117 - 2012-06-21 12:40:58 UTC
Seriously, we're coming for your level 4s, and there's nothing you can do to stop it.

People who just like to "tool around" in hisec (hypercasuals), will keep doing so; new players will have more incentive to just go right through to lowsec or nullsec; and the same twenty crybaby hisec forums warriors will just keep crying about everything like they always do.

And the game will roll on for the better.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#118 - 2012-06-21 12:44:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Zim
Crunchie Attuxors wrote:
In other words, the people that fund nullsec with highsec do so for personal reasons, not mechanics reasons.

Let's presume you've got 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and that you're a coward so you choose L4s. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for L4s, and you reliably make, say, 70-80m/day for no effort and no risk.

Let's presume you have the same 2 hours a day you can dedicate to moneymaking, and you're not quite the coward, so you choose to make your money in nullsec. You choose a sufficiently usable ship for the most lucrative sanctum, and you try to run them. However, one day you get interrupted by 2-3 roaming gangs, and the next 3-4 days some blackops/bombers gang has decided to camp 4-5 different systems, yours amongst them. The first two days you just don't do anything, the third you start to get impatient because you haven't made much isk this week, and on the fourth you say **** it and run sanctums anyways. And you get popped. And you're now left having to buy a new ship and mods, which may or may not need to be imported from hisec, which may take a day or two to arrange. And after all this is said and done, you're now left with less isk than you started with, whereas the guy who just went for L4s are now +800m.

So, which alternative would you choose?

Or, let's assume you're an industrialist. The mineral market is woeful (because people would rather do L4s in hisec instead of mining in nullsec for 20m/hour or whatever the going rate is now if you cherrypick, let alone go for the shitties of the **** ores), and mining means spending a lot of time hauling it to a station where you can refine it, and then you have to hunt around the entire region for a single open slot which isn't backlogged for a month. If you don't want to wait, you have to pay 100-200m/month just to run your very own POS, and you'd have to either get the appropriate roles in the corp or make your own alt corp and get at into the alliance, then you have to constantly haul the minerals to the POS, and you also need to either know your corpmates, haul the BPO/BPC to the POS or watch the BPO get stolen.

Compare that with hisec, where you just go to jita, buy whatever you need, haul it a few jumps out of jita, plug it into one of the 30-40 open slots and go out on the balcony and sip a mojito. Then, when it's done, you haul it back to Jita, set up a courier contract to the alliance JF service, wait a day or two and contract it over to your nullsec character.

So, which alternative would you choose?

RIP Vile Rat

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#119 - 2012-06-21 12:46:34 UTC
Alexandra Delarge wrote:
I agree with the OP. Hisec is a horrible place mostly filled with self entitled failures who think that they should be able to compete with sov holding alliances.

Stop repeating old trolls will you... Roll

Tal
seany1212
M Y S T
#120 - 2012-06-21 12:50:58 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Lord Zim wrote:

Because nobody will go. People in highsec like the safety of highsec. That is why they are there, and that is why hulkageddon gets so many whines. This will not work, no matter what you do.

Not empty quotin', there will always be folks in highsec that will feel they should be able to mine/mission at a set rate of isk without impunity and will reject the rest of the world around them, more and more of these players appear in EvE as the months go by and turn to the forums in rage when they get ganked/their isk rate becomes at risk.

Compare the amount of forum whine for each hulkageddon, there'll be substantially more now than when it first began Roll